Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
By the way. Thanatos is son of Nyx and twin brother of Hypnos, among other gods related to death and suffering.
Another thing, he is represented with Butterflies, as they can represent souls in Greek Mythology.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
The Acheron by the way is the river that separates the world of the living from the underworld (iirc the styx is the roman equivalent), it's the river Charon ferries souls through

An known

Sep 16, 2021
The Acheron by the way is the river that separates the world of the living from the underworld (iirc the styx is the roman equivalent), it's the river Charon ferries souls through
Now that you mentioned that I think that there was a scene in the game were Calypso told Orion that she was trying to recover her memories in some kind of a lake or a river.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I think that too about Thanatos. And in kind of sure we didn't meet the character yet. He looks like an interesting one because he has some kind of honor, even when he thinks of law of nature to rule everything, because he didn't killed anyone (just stabbed you to take the game) and then just forced Calypso to open the portal. This means he doesn't know that he will need Calypso to open the doors of Acheron.

But how Thanatos entered Ogigia? If he is a hacker like Nova it's a big coincidence, and if he is sided with Founder and Praetorian there is no point in spare your party, and he doesn't look to be working for Syndicate, so, another faction? Or he just found a way to enter? And he looks like Bulma in Dragon Ball tracking down the Gems.
And he feels pain but he can't die? Protection?
And the katana with the blade red as if being really hot, maybe it is Hyas, is the only sword so far that it looks it could, but I don't like this theory because probably MC will found Hyas and give it to Dalia.

Reactions: Crazed roadrunner

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
I think Eternum is real, but the "real world" (ours) it is at least something different. Remember that Calypso tried to enter and she say she couldn't. And we are the only ones being able to use Exit Portals (she can't).
If the Syndicate tried to communicate with us in both worlds, and Excommunication means death in ours, looks like Matrix. But with the other things I said I prefer to think it like Parallel planes or worlds that in some way aren't the same as the worlds (servers) in Eternum.

The Alien event in Annie's Date made clear that Eternum was before launching it. And it needs real time reparations like our world.

If you saw the anime called Log Horizon, then the players that Isekai with their body to the game world are immortal, but the npc leaving there aren't. This makes me thinks of something similar here, the Immortals that Calypso meant are because the can't reset character over and over again and maybe if you have the Gems of Doom you can "hack" Eternum world rules.

My theory so far is that the Founder had a wife that was about to die (our world), so he followed some kind of myth and went to Greek temples and found the Gems of Doom. But he couldn't save her in time, so he used the power to create a path to this plane called Eternum because he wanted to recreate her or something like that. As a GM he created some stuff like a game, but he probably lost the power once used and needs other one to gather all again.
So maybe you are the chosen one (because you don't want power for bad reasons) or maybe you are the son of the Founder and her wife, so everytime you die or failed they restart everything with the Gems. And the Syndicate could be the bad ones or someone that were with the Founder in some time but then fractioned (the know about the loops).

But I don't have a lot of info to support my craziness, YET.

Reactions: Crazed roadrunner

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I think that too about Thanatos. And in kind of sure we didn't meet the character yet. He looks like an interesting one because he has some kind of honor, even when he thinks of law of nature to rule everything, because he didn't killed anyone (just stabbed you to take the game) and then just forced Calypso to open the portal. This means he doesn't know that he will need Calypso to open the doors of Acheron.
Well. Thanatos showed in both occasions that he has no interest in killing for the sake of it. Or at all. He just overcomes the obstacles on his path. And a spear through the center of the chest is not a merciful strike to incapacitate. At all :D Just when Orion goes full berserk he's probably extremely resistant or borderline unkillable. While Thanatos seems to be killable. Just very very very hard to. As he said himself, Orion made more damage then most, yet, just, not enough. So there might be 'enough damage' at a certain point.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Rovenant

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
As he said himself, Orion made more damage then most, yet, just, not enough. So there might be 'enough damage' at a certain point.
Loosely based on what we learned from the Highlander movies, except there can be only one, then it is: Chop off the skull.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Well. Thanatos showed in both occasions that he has no interest in killing for the sake of it. Or at all. He just overcomes the obstacles on his path. And a spear through the center of the chest is not a merciful strike to incapacitate. At all :D Just when Orion goes full berserk he's probably extremely resistant or borderline unkillable. While Thanatos seems to be killable. Just very very very hard to. As he said himself, Orion made more damage then most, yet, just, not enough. So there might be 'enough damage' at a certain point.
I know that Dione is the less powerful weapon of Atlas, but a shoot in the neck (that, as Nova said, should kill anyone) didn't even stopped him, but killed easy a Praetorian. So I think that for some reason Eternum weapons and rules can't damage/kill Thanatos, but MC power can.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
I know that Dione is the less powerful weapon of Atlas, but a shoot in the neck (that, as Nova said, should kill anyone) didn't even stopped him, but killed easy a Praetorian. So I think that for some reason Eternum weapons and rules can't damage/kill Thanatos, but MC power can.
Nova also mentioned that they say Thanatos is immortal, there are also a chance that a weapons in Eternum can only kill NPC, Players, and Praetorian we don't know the rules of Eternum, but if Thanatos is immortal (some people also says that Thanatos could be the other person with 100% host compatibility and can't die) Orion could be immortal, maybe there is a rule that an immortal can only be killed by an immortal (also maybe that is the reason why Luna can't see Orion's death is because Orion can't die and he has 100% host comparability).

Reactions: Rovenant

An known

Sep 16, 2021
MC can die in the latest chapter, so he's not immortal.
Yes I can agree to that, but there could be also a chance that you need more time and levels to have a power of an immortal knowing that Thanatos is the person with the highest level in Eternum and Orion is just a beginner maybe he need a couple more levels to achieve the power of an immortal.

Rovenant

Apr 18, 2021
Nova also mentioned that they say Thanatos is immortal, there are also a chance that a weapons in Eternum can only kill NPC, Players, and Praetorian we don't know the rules of Eternum, but if Thanatos is immortal (some people also says that Thanatos could be the other person with 100% host compatibility and can't die) Orion could be immortal, maybe there is a rule that an immortal can only be killed by an immortal (also maybe that is the reason why Luna can't see Orion's death is because Orion can't die and he has 100% host comparability).
I think that the MC skill is related to the time loop, because he, in some way, keeps doing something important and others expecting him to achieve something (Syndicate, Idriel, etc).
The 100% compatibility I believe is related to a plot twist like destiny or his father being the Founder, or something like that. And probably Thanatos as an Antagonist has some part to play in all of this and that's why both have 100%. So I think that the 100% isn't the cause, is the consequence, and who they are is the cause.

And about Luna skill seeing nothing in MC future, I believe that is related to Uroboros, because the time loop keeps repeating everything, but at the same time every try is unique so the "future", his future, isn't written. But at the same time he can't achieve the ultimate goal.

In Greek mythology exist a concept called 'Inescapable Destiny' (I can say it in Spanish but u think this translation is fairly correct) that means whatever you do, even if you know future, you end up creating that already written version of the future, you can't change anything. When Oedipus tried to avoid his future he ended up forging it, so not even knowledge can change anything in Greek mythology. So, we have the Uroboros in Founder chest doing a circular path, and in the game itself and Syndicate letter doing an infinite form, so this is why Syndicate tried to avoid you reading the letter but, at the same time, giving it to you at a specific moment, because if you try to change the destiny you want to avoid making the same mistakes, but you know when something will happen.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think Eternum is real, but the "real world" (ours) it is at least something different. Remember that Calypso tried to enter and she say she couldn't. And we are the only ones being able to use Exit Portals (she can't).
Uhh, correction. Calypso can travel to any world she's been to before, not to worlds that she hasn't been to. The exceptions to that is emergency portal jumping (which she has no control of as far as the destination is concerned) and opening portals leading to people whose presence she has tracked/is familiar with (which made her crucial in the Heist, as it got Alex, Annie, and Orion (MC) out of their predicaments without issue). It's likely that the latter has limitations (that being that she could track people she knows WITHIN Eternum, not outside its boundaries (more on that later)) given that she's still not at full strength though. Later on in the story though? Well, weirder things have happened.

Also, it's highly likely that exit portals only work on player avatars, not natives of Eternum like Calypso. It's possibly designed that way to prevent anything from tracking down the realm/dimension where the players are coming from (thereby preventing what I would like to call an "Astaroth" event).

If the Syndicate tried to communicate with us in both worlds, and Excommunication means death in ours, looks like Matrix. But with the other things I said I prefer to think it like Parallel planes or worlds that in some way aren't the same as the worlds (servers) in Eternum.
Or Eternum IS another name for the Astral Plane, player avatars are actually magitech-made astral projections/souls, and excommunication basically cuts off one's consciousness/soul from the body, leading to brain death and having said consciousness/soul trapped within Eternum and becoming brainwashed into an NPC. The Syndicate is able to track Orion down because of his perfect compatibility rating, and start trying to communicate with him through various means (mostly dreams, because as the Space Station audio logs have implied that seems to be one method of travel between Eternum and our world...which is also similar to the information mentioned regarding travel between the Astral Plane and the Physical/Material Plane).

My theory so far is that the Founder had a wife that was about to die (our world), so he followed some kind of myth and went to Greek temples and found the Gems of Doom. But he couldn't save her in time, so he used the power to create a path to this plane called Eternum because he wanted to recreate her or something like that. As a GM he created some stuff like a game, but he probably lost the power once used and needs other one to gather all again.
So maybe you are the chosen one (because you don't want power for bad reasons) or maybe you are the son of the Founder and her wife, so everytime you die or failed they restart everything with the Gems.
Jury's still out as to what Orion's backstory really is. I originally was on the camp that believed (well, I still am I suppose but I'm willing to be proven wrong) that he and Thanatos were Ulysses lab rats who got experimented on as kids, with the findings of said experiment leading to the creation of the neural implants. With the hints from 0.4 though, another possibility seems likely (and is theorized by some in this thread): that somehow somewhere, Orion died but was brought back to life. Originally I dismissed this because I thought it meant that he somehow got himself killed and was brought back (maybe through magical/necromantic means) and Annie and Chang and even Orion's dad never knew about it. Now though...I'm thinking that maybe it's less of that and more of "he got into an accident - possibly back when he was a kid - and went clinically dead for a moment and got so far as to travel through Eternum and to the pearly gates of Acheron...but before he could really cross over he got yoinked/kicked back into the living and walked it off before anyone could ID him."

This of course is another possible explanation to the compatibility rating. I theorized a while back that it's the rating that dictates how attuned you are to Eternum itself (either through exposure or bloodline-related, hence the thing with Alex's compatibility rating and Calypso originally mistaking her as a half-elf...maybe there is some truth there), possibly meaning that Orion was at some point exposed to Eternum, possibly through Ulysses experimentation with the neural implant. Now though, there's another possibility: his brief brush with death and stay in Eternum has marked him as someone that's basically an "honorary native," maybe even marking his soul as something similar to the members of the Syndicate/NPCs.

As to how said explanation ties with Orion meeting the Founder when the former was a kid...the most outlandish theory I could think of is that Orion met the Founder...in Eternum (0.4 seems to hint the possibility that the Founder doesn't exist in the Physical/Material Plane). That is, Orion basically bumped into him while he was traversing through Eternum on his way to the afterlife (or, while he was looking for a way back into the Physical/Material Plane). The Founder then either wished him luck and sent him on his way...or was the person that sent him back into his physical body, possibly marking him as a future ace-in-the-hole that he could use in his schemes later on.

And the Syndicate could be the bad ones or someone that were with the Founder in some time but then fractioned (the know about the loops).
I'm on the camp that believes that the Syndicate are former NPCs who somehow managed to get their neural implants fried somehow, which led to them becoming free but then find out that they couldn't cross over into the afterlife, and now they're trying their best to find anyone that could help them achieve said goal (maybe someone that they can see...like a person with a perfect compatibility rating, perhaps?).

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Does someone know the song that plays in Alex's scene in the last update?

You mean this song?
Check this channel, there is playlist "Eternum" with all soundtracks, if I'm not mistaken.
Someone provided us with link to this channel, but I dont remember his name. So all the respect goes to that gentleman.

NoxLaw

Nov 11, 2020
I actually kind of hate how most of these sex scenes with LIs are in "game" and not in "reality". I undestand that the game is like reality but it's still weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyMario
4.80 star(s) 909 Votes