S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Can they be compared out of curiosity? I would imagine the quality of the renders alone would mean a big jump in timescale compared with OiaL but I'm ignorant about these things.
OiAL while not a short game, is to me at least, a lot more narrow in scope that Eternum. Eternum has a lot more going on, and a much larger universe that can be built into and expanded upon. I don't think OIAL can be used to estimate how big or long Eternum is going to be.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
OiAL while not a short game, is to me at least, a lot more narrow in scope that Eternum. Eternum has a lot more going on, and a much larger universe that can be built into and expanded upon. I don't think OIAL can be used to estimate how big or long Eternum is going to be.
That and the quality level of the images and scenes is a whole lot better. even if both use Illusion games as the base, more work has been done to the Eternum scenes than OIAL

Reactions: S1nsational
Oct 21, 2022
Ye I would definitely agree with everything you said there. It's a depth thing on all levels.

Reactions: S1nsational

Drakenite

Aug 16, 2021
In any case, I am very excited for these updates as a newcomer. I'm more well versed in the other AVN's here but I never touched a Honey Select game and this one seriously sets a golden standard. All of the girls are beautiful in both looks and personality and not a lot of games give me that anxiety of who to pick first because they're all great!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
In any case, I am very excited for these updates as a newcomer. I'm more well versed in the other AVN's here but I never touched a Honey Select game and this one seriously sets a golden standard. All of the girls are beautiful in both looks and personality and not a lot of games give me that anxiety of who to pick first because they're all great!
Yeah, I see Honey Select models in a game, and I look for reasons NOT to play it. This is one of a handful of games with that rendering system that I really like and look forward to playing.

At least it's not Koikatsu! :ROFLMAO:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah, I see Honey Select models in a game, and I look for reasons NOT to play it. This is one of a handful of games with that rendering system that I really like and look forward to playing.

At least it's not Koikatsu! :ROFLMAO:
Emm... this one could be made in low quality paint and I would still play it because of silly but awesome writing.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Calypso>>>>>>>>Nova=Alex>Luna>>>Penelope>Nancy>Dalia>Annie

But yeah, all are great!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Same here. Honey Select is the worst shit and an author have to be damn good to make up for this flaw. Caribdis is one of these authors. On top he knows how to make good graphics with HS. It shows it's all about the dev if you want to play a good VN. I can't understand the kiddies who values a VN only about the quantity on lewd scenes or if there is some fetish content in them like incest or pregnancy.

Drakenite

Aug 16, 2021
Why pick? From the very beginning it is written as a harem game. There is likely not going to be any drama either.
Everyone is different but for me, just because it is a harem doesn't mean I will look at them all the same (at least in my experience), because I just can't help it; there's always one or two that throws me off or rub me the wrong way. Which is why this game is challenging me to go against this belief. I am actually impressed and thankful that the dev created these well written characters!

Same here. Honey Select is the worst shit and an author have to be damn good to make up for this flaw. Caribdis is one of these authors. On top he knows how to make good graphics with HS. It shows it's all about the dev if you want to play a good VN. I can't understand the kiddies who values a VN only about the quantity on lewd scenes or if there is some fetish content in them like incest or pregnancy.
I have nothing but good things to say about Caribdis so far. Definitely agree that it is up to the dev to make a game great, especially with Honey Select. So far, I've found almost no grammatical errors in the script which is RARE because you'd be surprised how many out there that have it even though they claim to have been "proofread". I'm nitpicking because it really does take away from the immersion a bit when the script is off, often due to these errors.*

Furthermore, the plot and the world that is being built have so much potential and he could do a lot with it, which is why I am excited to see which direction he decides to take with the story. Having some Greek mythology/references are just icing on the cake for me because I am a sucker for that stuff.

*Dev if you are reading this, I just want to point out a little typo made in Annie's first scene with the word "nervous" being typed "nervious". Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, I just want to help out make the game as best as it could be, because you are doing an awesome job already so far.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I wouldn't be surprised if Alex and Dalia had a bit of drama. Nothing major, but they are already close friends and both hyper competitive so I could picture a scene where they buttheads in some way. The protein bagels vs brownies could be a teaser of a coming clash between them. If it happened, I'm sure it would still be more comedic than hostile, but it could be great.
Competitive Blowjob is the way :BootyTime:

i_succd_mia

Dec 19, 2021
Greedily, I really want Eternum to be much longer than OiaL. There's so much that can be done in the universe, I hope Caribdis takes full advantage and stretches this one out more than keeping it short
Yeah he's said it's gonna be much longer. IIRC, I saw some comment on Itch.io predicting what time the game is gonna finish based on the version we're on right now, assuming the game finishes at 1.0 - Caribdis replied that the game will take much longer than that and it isn't ending at 1.0

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah he's said it's gonna be much longer. IIRC, I saw some comment on Itch.io predicting what time the game is gonna finish based on the version we're on right now, assuming the game finishes at 1.0 - Caribdis replied that the game will take much longer than that and it isn't ending at 1.0
It will end at 1.0. I assume you think that after 0.9 it's 1.0, but no it could be 0.11, 0.12 and so on until the game is completed.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes