S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
As much as I'm looking forward to the next updates, I'm starting to wonder how people will react if this game takes a strong turn genre wise.

As it stands, it's solidly Scifi, nearly everything is connected to the super advanced technology from which the game gets its name. Meaning all the other genres present, like Fantasy, aren't really the genre of the game itself. So how would people react, if, as seems to be strongly hinted or implied, that the game isn't just a game, and that all or at least a lot of the servers are in fact real dimensions. Meaning that various fantasy fantasy aspects of the game are independently real, making the game both fantasy and scifi equally, not just scifi.

Aug 15, 2021
As much as I'm looking forward to the next updates, I'm starting to wonder how people will react if this game takes a strong turn genre wise.

As it stands, it's solidly Scifi, nearly everything is connected to the super advanced technology from which the game gets its name. Meaning all the other genres present, like Fantasy, aren't really the genre of the game itself. So how would people react, if, as seems to be strongly hinted or implied, that the game isn't just a game, and that all or at least a lot of the servers are in fact real dimensions. Meaning that various fantasy fantasy aspects of the game are independently real, making the game both fantasy and scifi equally, not just scifi.
It shares the same universe as the old game Once in a Lifetime and so the game will have fantasy elements. We also have seen hints of this with Luna's powers and Orion's reflexes (punching brock in the gym, dodging the football etc). And the game has already implied that there is a lot more going on (there is no lag/bugs/glitches, nobody has met the creator of a server, the stargazing scene with Alex etc) so it will not be the biggest surprise if thats the big reveal next update.

I personally dont care as long as the story is interesting. I think you can do interesting things with the idea of alternate dimensions and fantasy. The main appeal of this game for me is the likable characters, interesting plot and the wholesome atmosphere. I dont care too much about the genre and I think it having fantasy elements will make the game even more interesting.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
It shares the same universe as the old game Once in a Lifetime and so the game will have fantasy elements. We also have seen hints of this with Luna's powers and Orion's reflexes (punching brock in the gym, dodging the football etc). And the game has already implied that there is a lot more going on (there is no lag/bugs/glitches, nobody has met the creator of a server, the stargazing scene with Alex etc) so it will not be the biggest surprise if thats the big reveal next update.

I personally dont care as long as the story is interesting. I think you can do interesting things with the idea of alternate dimensions and fantasy. The main appeal of this game for me is the likable characters, interesting plot and the wholesome atmosphere. I dont care too much about the genre and I think it having fantasy elements will make the game even more interesting.
Where was it ever said they share the same universe? I've seen other people say it before, I've played both games, and I don't remember seeing anything to indicate they're a shared universe

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Where was it ever said they share the same universe? I've seen other people say it before, I've played both games, and I don't remember seeing anything to indicate they're a shared universe
OIAL has a scene where a character talks about Eternum being an upcoming VR MMO game. Eternum mentions Stabby Mike became President Stabb. And one of OIAL's endings mentions Calypso.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
OIAL has a scene where a character talks about Eternum being an upcoming VR MMO game. Eternum mentions Stabby Mike became President Stabb. And one of OIAL's endings mentions Calypso.

Once in a Lifetime mentions Stabby Mike becoming the President, in Eternum he is mentioned as "former President Stabb" when it comes to noteable inhabitants of Kredon.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Like, in OIAL you lost Judie telling the MC that soon there will be the release of a MMPORG game called Eternum that promise to completely change the world of games?
The final secret ending that see you as an Eternum player logging of and talking with Dalia?
In Eternum the ex president Stabby Mike coming from Kredon?
Orion that nominate the Sons of Astaroth?
When Calypso and Orion escape in one of the servers they go in a japanese house with the foxes girls and they talk of Mister Hiromi, that was the tourist guide and one of the yakuza bosses in OIAL?
Also I don't know how many noticed during the quiz but the blonde guy that ask Luna's father where is the bathroom is clearly Oliver from OIAL?
The scene in Warthog where Orion need to choose the two books that are a clear reference to Magnus's Grimoire?
I mean I'm probably forgetting many other details I've seen right now, but man you really need to replay both games, you missed a lot of details that show clearly that the games are set in the same universe. :)

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Well... we can now assume the dev is making a Caribdisverse of his works... I expect he design it well without making a mess of characters doing things impossible to achieve, or being impossible to do because of the illegality of the matters... Like the Supreme Fatherhood of in Overflowverse...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Wow
Reactions: PeterSBigD

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
In the secret ending of Once In A Lifetime
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Gonna be honest, I kinda hate that. I don't like the idea that OIAL is cannon all a dream.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Like, in OIAL you lost Judie telling the MC that soon there will be the release of a MMPORG game called Eternum that promise to completely change the world of games?
The final secret ending that see you as an Eternum player logging of and talking with Dalia?
In Eternum the ex president Stabby Mike coming from Kredon?
Orion that nominate the Sons of Astaroth?
When Calypso and Orion escape in one of the servers they go in a japanese house with the foxes girls and they talk of Mister Hiromi, that was the tourist guide and one of the yakuza bosses in OIAL?
Also I don't know how many noticed during the quiz but the blonde guy that ask Luna's father where is the bathroom is clearly Oliver from OIAL?
The scene in Warthog where Orion need to choose the two books that are a clear reference to Magnus's Grimoire?
I mean I'm probably forgetting many other details I've seen right now, but man you really need to replay both games, you missed a lot of details that show clearly that the games are set in the same universe. :)
Ok, that's a lot of links. Maybe I do need to replay both, as much as I really enjoy both games that's still an annoying thought

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dylan741

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
No the canon ending is the harem ending. It has already been confirmed by the dev - that is just a secret/bonus ending that was made to tease eternum.

However it is true that they share the same universe.
Glad to know the harem path is the true path. That said I fucked up somewhere and was only able to have one of the girls on the plane at the end, never bothered to replay and fix it.

Reactions: NukaCola
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes