Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Wait, the guy who misjudged a fart was Oliver? Seems like his life continues to be a... a real shit show. Good for him.
Yep, couldn't agree more but that's what happen when you don't pay attention and don't stay away from elephant statues, those thing are very dangerous for your health...:D:ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ArDZer and MrLKX

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Yep, couldn't agree more but that's what happen when you don't pay attention and don't stay away from elephant statues, those thing are very dangerous for your health...:D:ROFLMAO:
Shouldn't he have taken the elephant statue instead of the alternative? Especially when we think about what happened to him in the end?

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Shouldn't he have taken the elephant statue instead of the alternative? Especially when we think about what happened to him in the end?
It was so disappointing that Oliver didn't made sweet love to that elephant statue back at Jasmine's party. After being rejected by every girl he set his eyes upon (except one which he had a shotgun wedding) and going mad, that would've been so bizarre, painful and amusing to witness.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
This is a good question, honestly being in his shoes I would have opted for the elephant, it was way cuter imho.... :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: ArDZer

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Damn, you did me one better. Thanks!

Now I'm curious to know what players' reactions were upon seeing that ending and Dalia of course. In terms of pure looks she beats out nearly every other OIAL girl imho.
Agreed. I'd say that by that point, Caribdis had probably already gotten much better, and was most likely already working on Eternium. He would have kept the art style in OIAL the same for consistency, and added the new art to wet our appetites for the next game.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Agreed. I'd say that by that point, Caribdis had probably already gotten much better, and was most likely already working on Eternium. He would have kept the art style in OIAL the same for consistency, and added the new art to wet our appetites for the next game.
Watched the video. According to the secret ending, Eternium was already out when he finished OIAL.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Watched the video. According to the secret ending, Eternium was already out when he finished OIAL.
Secret Ending also implies that Eternum is basically Cyberpunk 2020/2077's Braindance except you're hooked on the net and you get to play the character you're inhabiting instead of just watching it play out like in actual Braindance...which is completely different from how it actually plays in the VN now (it's a full-fledged VRMMO minus the "live-the-life-of-another-person" feature that the Secret Ending has). My theory though is that this is basically what Eternum as a concept probably was before Caribdis rewrote it into what it is now, but liked the idea quite enough that he used it for a Secret (and non-canonical) Ending.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Good point. When my run of the game ended (Shoulda named my character Ash, 'cuz I got 'em all), there was a brief mention of Eternium coming out "next year".

I'd count this as more of a Easter egg.

assthetitsbro

Oct 25, 2021
i really wish that the secret ending in OAIL wa canon. the idea of all the things that happened through out the game being just a dream or an eternum game is such an interesting concept to me.:illuminati:

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
i really wish that the secret ending in OAIL wa canon. the idea of all the things that happened through out the game being just a dream or an eternum game is such an interesting concept to me.:illuminati:
You say that, but that kind of thing has been done before... and it's always terrible.

Would basically completely invalidate the entire story, right at the end, and that's not a good way of making people like it.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You say that, but that kind of thing has been done before... and it's always terrible.

Would basically completely invalidate the entire story, right at the end, and that's not a good way of making people like it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

assthetitsbro

Oct 25, 2021

Hmmm...

maybe you're right, but to me OIALT felt generic and a "too good to be true" kinda story (not to say that it was bad by any means). it would make sense for it to be a dream or a game so it can be an exposition for Eternum. maybe you guys value the story much more than i do..:unsure:

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Hmmm...

maybe you're right, but to me OIALT felt generic and a "too good to be true" kinda story (not to say that it was bad by any means). it would make sense for it to be a dream or a game so it can be an expedition for Eternum. maybe you guys value the story much more than me..:unsure:
Overall plot's been done before, but the execution and character development are decent and the humor is on point. Add the fact that some of the scenes are well done despite the renders having been made on aging software (Honey Select 1) and it being the dev's first VN, and you can see why some people value it highly compared to somewhat more polished VN's in this site (i.e. CoBD, Depraved Awakening). Bonus points also for the dev's work ethic and completing the game without making it overstay its welcome.

Also, not every story needs to have a tragic or bittersweet or downright depressing outcome. Too often have stories in this day and age just make things so bleak and serious that when we do get cheery endings or no-drama resolutions like OIAL's canon ending it feels too fantastical somehow...which shouldn't be the case. And while I agree that OIAL could've been better if the story had more struggles and certain events weren't resolved quickly, having the entire journey be disregarded for some Mr. Robot-tier twist ending is just absolutely bad storytelling, especially since there were no hints or foreshadowing that would indicate that the story could possibly go for that kind of direction.

assthetitsbro

Oct 25, 2021
Overall plot's been done before, but the execution and character development are decent and the humor is on point. Add the fact that some of the scenes are well done despite the renders having been made on aging software (Honey Select 1) and it being the dev's first VN, and you can see why some people value it highly compared to somewhat more polished VN's in this site (i.e. CoBD, Depraved Awakening). Bonus points also for the dev's work ethic and completing the game without making it overstay its welcome.

Also, not every story needs to have a tragic or bittersweet or downright depressing outcome. Too often have stories in this day and age just make things so bleak and serious that when we do get cheery endings or no-drama resolutions like OIAL's canon ending it feels too fantastical somehow...which shouldn't be the case. And while I agree that OIAL could've been better if the story had more struggles and certain events weren't resolved quickly, having the entire journey be disregarded for some Mr. Robot-tier twist ending is just absolutely bad storytelling, especially since there were no hints or foreshadowing that would indicate that the story could possibly go for that kind of direction.
yeah i understand where you're coming from now :). i just wish that eternum will not have the same exact harem ending as OIALT and that it would rather have a plot twist and also what you called a "Mr.Robot tier- ending" because the writing in this game has been really impressive and it would be a shame for it to just end like the last game. but i totally trust the dev to deliver anyways ;)

Aug 15, 2021
yeah i understand where you're coming from now :). i just wish that eternum will not have the same exact harem ending as OIALT and that it would rather have a plot twist and also what you called a "Mr.Robot tier- ending" because the writing in this game has been really impressive and it would be a shame for it to just end like the last game. but i totally trust the dev to deliver anyways ;)
I am fairly certain it is going to have a happy ending - if you are looking for a different type of ending this is not the right game for it. This is for the most part a wholesome and happy game. I would be very surprised if things turned out differently. And whats wrong with happy too good to be true endings? Not everything needs to be realistic or filled with drama.

Reactions: Elhemeer
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes