Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
If eternum is like once in a lifetime which ended in 1.0 then the story is on the half way, but still not seeing many progress to the main story which compare to oialt was already counting one of the FIVE in 0.5, maybe needed more updates than oialt to end the story? :unsure:
I don't know details, but I've seen people say Caribdis has mentioned going past 1.0 in this game ... or just having more than 10 updates before the final (.11, .12, etc.). Either way, I wouldn't worry.

Reactions: crustlord12
Dec 7, 2022
If eternum is like once in a lifetime which ended in 1.0 then the story is on the half way, but still not seeing many progress to the main story which compare to oialt was already counting one of the FIVE in 0.5, maybe needed more updates than oialt to end the story? :unsure:
yeah someone can correct me if im wrong, but i believe i remember hearing that this game is gonna be quite a lot bigger (~50% more?), so we might only be a third of the way through after this update. I might have pulled that number out of my ass but i'm pretty sure i read it somewhere.

Aug 27, 2022
The developer has mentioned that there will be more than 10 updates - 0.10 is not the same as 1.0. It will go to 0.11, 0.12 ... until its done.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
yeah someone can correct me if im wrong, but i believe i remember hearing that this game is gonna be quite a lot bigger (~50% more?), so we might only be a third of the way through after this update. I might have pulled that number out of my ass but i'm pretty sure i read it somewhere.
Had to dive through the comments section of Eternum's Itch.io page since Caribdis made some comments there regarding story length.

And here they are, straight from the man himself:

Fromtheman01.jpg Fromtheman02.jpg

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's the message that went with the above image:

Merry Christmas!

Hello guys!

I just wanted to wish you all happy holidays

Thank you for a wonderful year.

I hope 2023 will bring you many successes and a lot of adventures in Eternum (the latter is guaranteed )

Let's continue this journey together!

There won't be Monthly Wallpaper in January so I can focus 100% on finishing 0.5. If all goes as planned, it'll be released during mid-late January!

Thanks again for supporting me during all this year

And stay awesome!

Love you <3

Caribdis

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Here's the message that went with the above image:

Merry Christmas!

Hello guys!

I just wanted to wish you all happy holidays

Thank you for a wonderful year.

I hope 2023 will bring you many successes and a lot of adventures in Eternum (the latter is guaranteed )

Let's continue this journey together!

There won't be Monthly Wallpaper in January so I can focus 100% on finishing 0.5. If all goes as planned, it'll be released during mid-late January!

Thanks again for supporting me during all this year

And stay awesome!

Love you <3

Caribdis
He’s gotta be my favourite dev man. :’) Thanks for sharing!

Love you too Caribdis, keep healthy and stay awesome just like your games!

-Yor-0728

Aug 31, 2021
Why are the updates of this game so slow? I ask because I saw that the creator receives +4000 patrons, which assuming they are of the lowest value (2.5 EUROS) gives a total of 10000 Euros. Unless I'm wrong and patrons aren't people who support, then he receives enough money to do more constant work, right? let's take gunsmokegames as an example, they receive 3900 patrons assuming they are 1 dollar, he receives 3900 dollars per month, but his updates are almost every 1 - 2 months, and I think he is the only one working. Well this may just be how I perceive the situation of this game, but I feel that the updates are too slow. Could someone explain to me please, what is the general situation of this game in terms of its updates? =

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Why are the updates of this game so slow? I ask because I saw that the creator receives +4000 patrons, which assuming they are of the lowest value (2.5 EUROS) gives a total of 10000 Euros. Unless I'm wrong and patrons aren't people who support, then he receives enough money to do more constant work, right? let's take gunsmokegames as an example, they receive 3900 patrons assuming they are 1 dollar, he receives 3900 dollars per month, but his updates are almost every 1 - 2 months, and I think he is the only one working. Well this may just be how I perceive the situation of this game, but I feel that the updates are too slow. Could someone explain to me please, what is the general situation of this game in terms of its updates? =
Comparing developers of different games is a futile exercise. Just forgetting the quality of the games in question (which obviously factors in), each developer or developer team has their own circumstances, considering financial resources, time available, real-life situations, computer power, etc, etc.

Releases for all games come out when the developers are ready. I have never seen that complaining about it does one jot of good - never.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

-Yor-0728

Aug 31, 2021
Comparing developers of different games is a futile exercise. Just forgetting the quality of the games in question (which obviously factors in), each developer or developer team has their own circumstances, considering financial resources, time available, real-life situations, computer power, etc, etc.

Releases for all games come out when the developers are ready. I have never seen that complaining about it does one jot of good - never.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks, I was just thinking and asking from my ignorance, certainly each "Company" has its own personal circumstances, but I don't know about these of this project. That's why I asked if someone could explain to me what are the circumstances why the updates of this game are slow?

Aug 15, 2021
Thanks, I was just thinking and asking from my ignorance, certainly each "Company" has its own personal circumstances, but I don't know about these of this project. That's why I asked if someone could explain to me what are the circumstances why the updates of this game are slow?
I dont think anybody except the developer can answer that. I would imagine that the game has a lot of custom assets so that might be whats taking time. I feel like only this update was especially long though - usually updates are out in 4 month intervals.

I am fine with this because I remember that the dev took time off this update cycle + we have holidays (christmas + new year). And this is no big deal - everybody needs vacation time once in a while I go on longer vacations on my actual job. I personally am a supporter and I have been satisfied with the content + quality of updates we have received so far given the wait time.

Muffinking61

Aug 11, 2020
I love Pale Carnations also, I thought it would be cool to visit a few other places that we hear about in the game. I love the way it ended with the Founder apearing to the MC, can;t wait for the update.

Reactions: andresblinky

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
The Updates are big. Really big.

I just checked in this Thread if there is a Jumpscare in one of the Parts (Flinks House). I am not good with those, so I wanted to check here. And this was asked before - around 1 year ago. I played Eternum for several hours already and from the looks of it, I am still at the content of 0.1 or maybe 0.2...

Also, the quality of his games are A+++. And I think it is totally fine if it takes a bit longer, in the end, you wont find the same quality AND quantity in many games on this site.

And if you dont want to wait too long - you should check out the Devs first game (Once in a Lifetime). You will enjoy it.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Saying Eternum should be more like Something Unlimited?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH

No.
Yeah when I read that this was basically my reaction (as well as my overall reaction to anyone who thinks Caribdis should implement sandbox/fully freeroam elements in his story-centric work*):

*I mean, I don't mind if his next game has some sandbox/freeroam elements that make it play like an old-school Sierra adventure game or a VN with RPG elements like MIST so long as it doesn't suffer from feature creep (see: BaDIK, Summertime Saga, Something Unlimited, and - painful as this might be to say since I still like the game - A Struggle with Sin as examples of games that got too bloated for their own good). Just saying that VNs like OIAL and Eternum don't need those things since they're not designed for it and are doing fine without it (and when Caribdis does introduce some form of freeroam it's usually limited so the pacing doesn't get thrown completely under the bus).

Last edited:

i_succd_mia

Dec 19, 2021
gunsmokegames as an example
gunsmoke games takes 1-2 months to release content on a single character (2 if we're lucky) which is always just a repeat of previous stuff; capture girl, talk > dance x3 > strip > blowjob x3 > sex x3 > anal x3 > finished. The character models are never even unique, always the same bodies with slightly different faces and hair

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Anyone that has played Something Unlimited (gunsmoke games) in the past half decade can see this for the troll that it is

SR7? WORKING!? :KEK:

Last minute entry for top troll post of 2022

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: sava75

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
gunsmoke games takes 1-2 months to release content on a single character (2 if we're lucky) which is always just a repeat of previous stuff; capture girl, talk > dance x3 > strip > blowjob x3 > sex x3 > anal x3 > finished. The character models are never even unique, always the same bodies with slightly different faces and hair
I mean, to be fair I feel like this is an issue with DCAU's character art style more so than the dev's fault.

Tho yeah, gameplay-wise Gunsmoke's work is just downright annoying. I don't mind grinding in my games (I have decades of experience playing MMOs and JRPGs to thank for that), but when the grind is not just unreasonably long but also hard to keep track given how many characters and systems you're essentially dealing with? And with a dev that has a tendency to add MORE characters while adding only a sliver of content to existing ones?

angtft.jpg

Last edited:

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
And to think I used to actively support GG. never again.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
If you refer to the updates of Eternum, they have been, so far, steady on once every 4 months, which puts this game on the fast end of the release curve of Ren'Py projects. And the content per release, i would say, is way above average. It's most definately not slow.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes