Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Don't worry, like Son of Durin mentioned, I dosed him with two Caribdis games back to back so he's suffering from serious withdrawal, unlike the rest of us.
I wonder how he'd take Ripples or Artemis ... there's some fun cliffhangers right now ...

MagnusAxess

Jan 9, 2022
He might not have joined the Empress Nancy's Imperial Guard (yet), but your friend certainly got absolutely hooked on both games. That's interesting I must say. And in some weeks v0.6 will come up so he might pull up an all-nighter to play through it.
Are we skipping 0.5 or did I miss something?

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Are we skipping 0.5 or did I miss something?
Typo back there. My mistake. Though the new player of Eternum that was being referenced some posts back will have to endure a degree of waiting and agony after v0.5 is released to the highest tiers on Patreon and then the public in a few weeks and v0.6 begins to shape up in the months after v0.5's release.

Last edited:

Drakenite

Aug 16, 2021
I wonder how he'd take Ripples or Artemis ... there's some fun cliffhangers right now ...
I haven't played either, but they are definitely on my to do list. So, as of right now, I can't recommend it to him yet. I threw Chasing Sunsets at him and it lasted... less than a day...

I'm not even surprised anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: Elhemeer
May 20, 2022
Hey, I'm doing the spanish tl for this game. I'm giving Luna a mexican accent because she is half mexican, but I don't know if it's alright. What do you think?

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Hey guys, I want to share with everyone a story of what recently happened this past weekend at my house. Brace yourselves, as this is a long one.*
A friend of mine from out of state came over to hang and decided to stay for the night, since we usually do this once in a while when he’s in the area visiting family. For context, this guy has already played Being a Dik but doesn’t know about this site or a lot of VN’s out there. I decided to show him Eternum just to get his opinion on things since he usually enjoys theorycrafting and plot driven stories. I lowkey wanted to indoctrinate him to become one of Nancy’s Imperial Guard.

The time I gave him the game to play was already late at night, since we spent most of the day playing games and such. I told him just make a little bit of progress, and then we can talk about what you went through in the next morning.

I wake up in the middle of the night (probably around 2-3 am) to go to the bathroom, hear some chuckling so I had to go check it out. I see this guy sitting at the couch, still at it, playing the game. “Dafuq?” I said to myself, and then shrugged, thinking he’ll just probably go to sleep soon.

In the morning, I wake up, and I see him still sitting there, playing the game. I kid you not, this is actually how this conversation went down, minus some giggling like we’re two little school girls in between some dialogue:

Me: “Dude…do you not sleep?”
Friend: ”I couldn’t. I told myself I would find a place to stop, but every time I hit a good stopping point, I just couldn’t put the game down. I wanted to play more because it’s intriguing to me, and I was curious to find out more.”
Me: “Okay, so where are you at in the story right now?”
Friend: “Oh, I finished it. Just as you were brushing your teeth.”
Me: “....” “What…”
Friend: “Yeah… you got more right? This is just like a trial version or something?”
Me: “No bro… you’re caught up. There’s no more content yet.”
Friend: “What do you mean no more? You’re telling me I have to wait for more content for this game to be updated?”
Me: “Yes.. just wait a couple weeks. The next patch will come soon.”
Friend: “Dude, that’s way too long!”
Me: “You do realize others who played before you have waited months for the next update right?”
Friend: “I don’t care about their suffering. Now what am I supposed to do?”
Me: “Well, let’s just talk about some stuff since you’re now caught up.”
Friend: “Sure.”

We proceeded to talk about various topics, plot points, and theorycrafting. After a couple hours:

Me: “So, we’ve established this game is pretty great. But which girl would you rank on the top of your list? Nancy is pretty great, huh?”
Friend: “Actually, I’m juggling between Dalia and Luna. Can’t seem to decide.”
Me: “Alright, get outta my house.”
Friend: “Okay, but for real though. What am I supposed to do now?”
Me: Let’s have some lunch first, and then we can decide how to spend the rest of the day.

Eats lunch and he proceeds to pass out from the mixture of food coma and pure exhaustion.
He wakes up around dinner time and by then I’ve already figured out how to get this guy distracted.

Me: “Yo, I got an idea. Try this game out.”
Friend: “Sure. …. …. Looks outdated, and old. What is this? Hmm…Once in a Life Time…”
Me: “Yeah, it’s by the same developer. I figured I would show you Eternum first because I knew you’d be hesitant based on the graphics of this one. Try it out. It’s got the same humor, same vibes, interesting story. You’ll have a good time, since it’s made by the same guy. Trust me.”
Friend: “Meh, doubt it. It looks like some old game. I’m too spoiled by Eternum.”
Me: “Just give it a try dude. If you don’t like it, I’ll recommend some different game for you to try.”
Friend: “Sigh, fine. Since I have nothing to do tomorrow, you mind if I crash another night?”
Me: “Sure no problem, just don’t stay up late again.”
Friend: “Bro, look at this game. It’s not gonna happen. I’m just gonna play a little bit until I feel sleepy and then go to bed.”
Me: “Haha, sure whatever works buddy.”

Long story short, he binged the entire game and pulled another overnighter and the following morning, asked for more Caribdis content. I said in my mind: “Goddamit Carbdis, this is exactly what I feared was going to happen. Why did you have to make such good content?!”

I am now continually getting spammed when the next update for Eternum is, as well as how good Dalia’s scene was. Smh.

*Sorry for the long post. I just had to type this all out as it is still fresh on my mind, before I forget everything that happened. I thought it was a bittersweet feeling knowing I showed my friend this game that I've been excited over, only to have him harass me about it now.
>as well as how good Dalia's scene was

My absolute favourite out of any of the smut scenes so far, that shit is too fucking good. Your friend is based

Feb 27, 2020
Hey, I'm doing the spanish tl for this game. I'm giving Luna a mexican accent because she is half mexican, but I don't know if it's alright. What do you think?
How do you plan to give her a mexican accent in written form? Apart from that, as she has lived there her entire life, I don't think she would speak any different from the rest.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Subtle variations of the speech and different vocabulary. Although I've decided to leave her alone, I'll only give the accent to her dad.
Or you could just let her have some slip of the tongue ( no pun intended) in particular situations where she's really embarrassed, maybe.
For Mr Hernandez the accent is a must imho, I would play the spanish version just for that with Chop Chop and Chang he's one of the most memorable males characters in the game.:)

Last edited:
May 20, 2022
Or you could just let her have some slip of the tongue ( no punt intended) in particular situations where she's really embarrassed, maybe.
For Mr Hernandez the accent is a must imho, I would play the spanish version just for that with Chop Chop and Chang he's one of the most memorable males characters in the game.:)
haha, I'll see what I can do. It's a tough task because I've never translated anything to the mexican dialect, but I think I can pull it off.

Reactions: Dylan741
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes