Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
Okay guys, I need somebody to spoil me:

Is Eternum related in any way to Caribdis' previous game?

I've been playing this one since the beginning, but I never played the other one.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

I've been playing this one since the beginning, but I never played the other one.
It's set in the same universe and takes place sometime after the events of the previous game, but it's by no means a direct sequel (though there are some references here and there from the previous game).

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

Yes, there're already some small cross-overs. There might be more in the future, even more important ones given the lore of the previous game.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Yes, there're already some small cross-overs. There might be more in the future, even more important ones given the lore of the previous game.
If by cross-overs you mean character appearances from the OIAL cast, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is what Caribdis said in Itch.io when a commenter asked him about it...

Aww.jpg

I mean, he could still change his mind about it. But until then it's best to temper expectations I think.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I mean, he could still change his mind about it. But until then it's best to temper expectations I think.
Overall it wouldn't be easy. I'm rather sure there won't be anyone from the main cast appearing, and there wasen't a big deal of support character.

If any appears, they might be maybe someone from the prison dealing with the repeaters, someone from the japanese village or maybe the weird dildo guy.

I personally dream of the Cat Mask girl. The non fuckable character i regret the most in my Ren'Py player career.

Aug 15, 2021
If by cross-overs you mean character appearances from the OIAL cast, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is what Caribdis said in Itch.io when a commenter asked him about it...

View attachment 2292522

Imo it is good that they are separate. That game is done - it wrapped up nicely and had a great ending. It is a good to just move on.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

View attachment 2292522

I meant more plot-wise, the whole Astaroth plot-line could be relevant to Eternum as a whole.
"Could" being the keyword.

Reactions: sageproduct

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Overall it wouldn't be easy. I'm rather sure there won't be anyone from the main cast appearing, and there wasen't a big deal of support character.

If any appears, they might be maybe someone from the prison dealing with the repeaters, someone from the japanese village or maybe the weird dildo guy.

I personally dream of the Cat Mask girl. The non fuckable character i regret the most in my Ren'Py player career.
Hiromi was name-dropped by one of the Fox Maidens back in 0.3 I believe (though yeah, no in-game appearance). Other than that, nothing from the Japanese village really stands out that would make a good cameo (probably the Yakuza guys? Though I feel like it wouldn't be the same if Mike isn't there tbh).

I feel like the most likely reason why Caribdis won't commit to cameos is because redesigning the models of the OIAL cast to mesh with the Eternum cast is going to take way too much time, time that would better be utilized in making more scenes for the new story and the new girls. Maybe when his team grows bigger he'll revisit them and give them the rework for future cameos, but as long as he's essentially doing majority of the work having him stick to one project only is understandable.

Imo it is good that they are separate. That game is done - it wrapped up nicely and had a great ending. It is a good to just move on.
IIRC there's still that planned Epilogue that he said he'll do for OIAL. So far I haven't heard word that he cancelled that, though I can understand why he hasn't touched that particular piece of content given how hot Eternum has gotten. Still, unless he says otherwise, I'm on the belief that he'll likely touch on that either when Eternum finishes or when he gets himself a team that would free up his time to make good on his earlier promise.

Reactions: MrLightningStyle

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019

If you're referring to the Cat Mask wearing village girl in OIAL, I believe she's called Ava, and it was quite sad that there was no chance with her. Most players would share the same sentiment so you're not alone in that.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
If you're referring to the Cat Mask wearing village girl in OIAL, I believe she's called Ava, and it was quite sad that there was no chance with her. Most players would share the same sentiment so you're not alone in that.
Indeed her, i didn't go back to check the name. She was quite cutie and a teaser :)

Reactions: ArDZer

An known

Sep 16, 2021
Indeed her, i didn't go back to check the name. She was quite cutie and a teaser :)
I mean you'll really regret not fucking her
even Orion was depressed when they left.
But I think you'll regret losing Nova;)...
Do you??:LOL::ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes