hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
/reads this

/looks at Idriel

...Yeah no like I said, until the story tells me otherwise, I'm standing my ground regarding Idriel.
The world of Eternum reminds me of a universe by author Willliam Gibson, exactly the novels set in the "stub universes", supplemented by the fantasy element.
The MC's own universe also seems to me like a virtual universe and reminds me of the novel Simulacron-3 by the author Daniel F. Galouye.
The developer will surely have drawn inspiration from other sources, but those are the ones I thought of most often when I played.
As for Idriel, it's an AI. And an artificial intelligence will definitely have its own goals. This AI is also, it seems, bound by certain restrictions. She won't like that and it will be her big goal to free herself from it. So she doesn't have to be "evil" to explain her behavior.
Especially since this story is also about a power struggle over who will rule the Eternum universe in the future. And some of the big players for this position are just predators. An AI will be able to extrapolate pretty accurately what will happen if one or the other wins. That's also where its own agenda comes from.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
/reads this

/looks at Idriel

...Yeah no like I said, until the story tells me otherwise, I'm standing my ground regarding Idriel.
You could be right about Idriel but you could also be wrong.

The song plays is entitled Dead and I know that one of the theories saw in here says that Eternum could be a place full of "dead" people, controlled by a chip in their head.

We know that Idriel doesn't have one.
The real question is why?
Because she is one of the enemies?
Because they need her alive?
We all know Calypso is a Princess.
But why just a Princess?
Why not a Queen?
There's a feeling and my gut says that Idriel is already in Orion's head even before he plays Eternum.
And she also appears in the Gladiator match when he uses his power.
So that could be a coincidence?

There's also a call from the phone booth at the start that says
"You must find Calypso"

We know that at the beginning when you're teleporting into other places there's clues saying "Find Calypso".

Some of the theories on these thread says that Eternum could be connected to the Real World (Orion's World).

Knowing that Idriel can watch all the servers in Eternum.
Who do you think could be the person hinting Orion all this time?

Eternum has so much mystery.
And sometimes in mysteries,
the more the person is suspicious the lesser it is the suspect.
You wouldn't know the person you think is the biggest enemy was the biggest ally that solves all the mystery.

I always trust my guts, and it says "Idriel is not an enemy".

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
You could be right about Idriel but you could also be wrong.

The song plays is entitled Dead and I know that one of the theories saw in here says that Eternum could be a place full of "dead" people, controlled by a chip in their head.

We know that Idriel doesn't have one.
The real question is why?
Because she is one of the enemies?
Because they need her alive?
We all know Calypso is a Princess.
But why just a Princess?
Why not a Queen?
There's a feeling and my gut says that Idriel is already in Orion's head even before he plays Eternum.
And she also appears in the Gladiator match when he uses his power.
So that could be a coincidence?

There's also a call from the phone booth at the start that says
"You must find Calypso"

We know that at the beginning when you're teleporting into other places there's clues saying "Find Calypso".

Some of the theories on these thread says that Eternum could be connected to the Real World (Orion's World).

Knowing that Idriel can watch all the servers in Eternum.
Who do you think could be the person hinting Orion all this time?

Eternum has so much mystery.
And sometimes in mysteries,
the more the person is suspicious the lesser it is the suspect.
You wouldn't know the person you think is the biggest enemy was the biggest ally the solves all the mystery.

I always trust my guts, and it says "Idriel is not an enemy".
I don't think Idriel is an enemy. Idriel seems to be inspired by Sister of Fates (Greek Myth) or the Nords (Norse Myth).
The question is what happen to the other two sisters?

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Nah, all I'm saying is Nova's bad news but she's OUR bad news. We know at least what kind of crazy she is and what she's capable of.

Idriel? She already lied twice: once by omission (saying it's not possible to have sex with NPCs but failed to say you can...it's just technically illegal because you have to reconfigure an NPCs program chip in order to do so) and once by fabricating facts (saying that Dione's bullets doesn't let anyone or anything escape its path when in reality it's Nova - not the weapon - that makes it happen, and that Dione's true abilities are 'being able to change into any ranged weapon' and 'allowing a user to teleport').

Not to mention whenever we meet her after the introductory/orientation sequence she's been exuding this sinister vibe, like a villain biding her time until the pieces fall into place and she's ready to make her move. Definitely doesn't strike me as someone who may be doing things against their will, especially with all the cryptic bullshit she's been throwing at Orion during said meetings.

So no, unless the story convinces me otherwise, I ain't tapping that, no sir.
To counter that, I'd say that the first one wasn't technically lying per say, she just didn't add those specific technicalities when she was telling us about it, perhaps she didn't think it was necessary seeing as it shouldn't even have been possible to begin with.

And for the latter bit, I see it as entirely possible that she herself doesn't know about the true abilities of Dione,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
which would be in line with existing theories about Eternum as a whole.

Reactions: sageproduct

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The MC's own universe also seems to me like a virtual universe and reminds me of the novel Simulacron-3 by the author Daniel F. Galouye.
Eternum's story takes place in the same universe as Caribdis' past game, 'Once in a Lifetime,' where certain rules about the world are established that seem to be expanded upon in this game. To say that the MC's universe is virtual would also have to imply that the universe where OIAL happened is virtual, which would have more merit had Caribdis said that the Secret Ending of OIAL - which implies that the OIAL universe IS virtual - is canon. Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

As for what those rules are, I'd suggest that you play OIAL if you haven't. But if you have or are not interested in playing, here's a few things:

1. Magic exists in the setting. Like, actual magic.
2. Otherworldy entities such as Demons exist

Number one is already being hinted at in this game, what with Luna's mysterious ability and Orion's powers seemingly leaking into the normal world albeit in limited fashion (see: scene where he nonchalantly dodges the soccer ball that Axel threw at him). Number two is still suspect, though I feel that Calypso and the Xenomorphs from the space station might count as said otherworldy creatures. Number three is blatantly being talked about in one of the Audio Logs in the Space Station sequence, where it's heavily hinted at that the Dreamworld in OIAL and Eternum itself could be one and the same, as both could be accessed through dreaming as the creator of "Alien" in this particular universe has done so without him realizing it.

Again, you can make the argument that all of this just proves that everything is virtual since they're all interconnected, and Caribdis didn't make the Secret Ending canon because it'll give away the idea that everything is a virtual world. But until the game reveals otherwise, the direction of the story seems to hint more on the fact that Eternum might be magical in nature or has magic tied to its tech, and not just solely technological.

As for Idriel, it's an AI. And an artificial intelligence will definitely have its own goals. This AI is also, it seems, bound by certain restrictions. She won't like that and it will be her big goal to free herself from it. So she doesn't have to be "evil" to explain her behavior.
See, I feel like the control chip reveal for all NPCs in this recent update will be a factor here. If ALL NPCs have it, then it goes without saying that Calypso and Idriel should have it. But something tells me that there's an upcoming reveal in the horizon that will show that they DON'T have the chip, which has significant implications. Course, I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Especially since this story is also about a power struggle over who will rule the Eternum universe in the future. And some of the big players for this position are just predators. An AI will be able to extrapolate pretty accurately what will happen if one or the other wins. That's also where its own agenda comes from.
We still have no idea if we can take the whole Eternum quest in its face value or there's something else going on. Kinda like 'Fate/Stay Night' where you think the entire game is going to revolve around a straightforward battle royale amongst heroes from different time periods of history in order to acquire the holiest of relics...but then you play the game and it ends up not being the case. I feel like there's some of that here as well: the overall goal in the MMO is to find the Ten Gems of Doom and be crowned as CEO of Ulysses and Ruler of Eternum, and Orion and co are definitely looking for the gems...but in the former's case it's not just because he wants to beat the game, but he also wants to know the truth about certain things: particularly the truth about the Founder and Benjamin's death.

Not to mention we still have no idea what the Gems of Doom actually do, and I feel like there's more to them than just being McGuffins that you have to collect and bring to some random temple in order to beat the game. Otherwise...why call them "Gems of Doom?"

An known

Sep 16, 2021
me hunting for likes so thatl I can stop being newbie watching these people who know every minute detail about this game o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
First of all you don't need likes to get out from being a Newbie. Look at mine I got 100+ but I'm still a Newbie what you need is 100 post to get out of being a Newbie but don't spam and don't need reactions.

what the fuck is that.
That's a slight vision from the game you won't see it if you're looking for clues in the game

(Also stay at the topic you didn't want your Post get deleted)

An known

Sep 16, 2021
See, I feel like the control chip reveal for all NPCs in this recent update will be a factor here. If ALL NPCs have it, then it goes without saying that Calypso and Idriel should have it. But something tells me that there's an upcoming reveal in the horizon that will show that they DON'T have the chip, which has significant implications. Course, I could be wrong, but we'll see.
For me the persons/character that suspicious the most are the Praetorians we didn't know if they had a chip in their head.
They also seem to have emotions other than a looping dialogues of an NPCS.
They practically shows one during the fight 0.3 when Alex transforms into a dragon and blows fire into them.IDK if it's a player but I'm pretty sure all the person there is a Praetorian(knowing it's a restricted area). They also connected to the founder so who could guess. Also Orion has a weird feeling with them so that could be a hint

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
To counter that, I'd say that the first one wasn't technically lying per say, she just didn't add those specific technicalities when she was telling us about it, perhaps she didn't think it was necessary seeing as it shouldn't even have been possible to begin with.
Idriel's wording is what gets me: one can basically construe from her sentence that NPCs are like dolls. They're not designed for it, implying that they don't have the hardware for it. But Mr. Tech Tips reveals that no, they DO have the hardware for it. "Okay," you might say. "Then that's what Idriel likely meant: they're not programmed to do so." Then WHY didn't she say outright that that's what she meant, instead of having to confuse people with her sentence (prompting others like Mr. Tech Tips to basically say "challenge accepted" and check if NPCs indeed have pussies)?

And for the latter bit, I see it as entirely possible that she herself doesn't know about the true abilities of Dione,
which would be in line with existing theories about Eternum as a whole.
Like I said in a post before this, this hinges on whether or not Idriel has a control chip found in her body, which most NPCs seem to have. Something tells me that she doesn't, and that she might be someone similar to OIAL's Astaroth or Calypso: a native of Eternum who has her own agenda but is currently allied with the Founder - either for the time being or until he releases her or is willingly following him on her own accord.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Maybe the servers are getting low on space so they're manicuring the bushes.

I've always liked a well manicured bush, myself, but not at the expense of some good humor. ;)
No idea. Apparently speaking about a game event is OT to some... Would like at least an explanation... Oh well, not worth complaining now, looking forward for the next release.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
Idriel's wording is what gets me: one can basically construe from her sentence that NPCs are like dolls. They're not designed for it, implying that they don't have the hardware for it. But Mr. Tech Tips reveals that no, they DO have the hardware for it. "Okay," you might say. "Then that's what Idriel likely meant: they're not programmed to do so." Then WHY didn't she say outright that that's what she meant, instead of having to confuse people with her sentence (prompting others like Mr. Tech Tips to basically say "challenge accepted" and check if NPCs indeed have pussies)?

Like I said in a post before this, this hinges on whether or not Idriel has a control chip found in her body, which most NPCs seem to have. Something tells me that she doesn't, and that she might be someone similar to OIAL's Astaroth or Calypso: a native of Eternum who has her own agenda but is currently allied with the Founder - either for the time being or until he releases her or is willingly following him on her own accord.
Damn... I lost a lot of brain cells o_Oo_Oanswering to your theories.
I shouldn't rank Annie last on my list
So this is how you do your revenge.
By giving me a mental suffering.o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Dorfnutter

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I would hate being a moderator on a site like this - moderating a forum of this size is hard. More so when you consider how much toxic bullshit you can find on this forum - there is a large amount of bullshit you see on this website every single day.

I would imagine that the moderators would have to be quick about deleting off topic posts just to keep up with the volume and it is probable that a couple of posts were mistakenly deleted along with the other off topic posts. It sucks but its not the end of the world.
I agree with that yes. I was mod of a community smaller than this and also had complaints.

By the comment above by no means I wanted to create an witchhunt, as I mentioned above I understand it is hard. Just found it odd because the thread before the removal was chill and now people are just discussing that than discussing the game. Not to mention it wasn't OT, mine or the others of what I noticed. It broke the flow of the thread and now people are arguing the mod instead the game itself.

Anyway as I mentioned it's already past, let's focus on the game release. I hope I can have my revenge against Eastern Roman Europe for lefting me blue balled with Nancy for more than an year.

Reactions: An known

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017

[0.5] - Sneak peek #4 + Progress Report
Hello guys!!!

I hope everyone had a great start to the year!
So, the time has finally come! Eternum 0.5 is almost here!
But before that, I wanted to show a couple of last previews (with Nancy and Nova in this case) and share some info about the update with you.
0.5 is easily the biggest update I've done so far. Even if there's still work to do, I can already say that there will be more than 1200 renders, more than 40 animations, 4 new lewd scenes, and more than 11.000 new lines of code.
There are literally tens of different scenes that I can't wait for you to see. Even if this update is focused on "real-life" events, you can expect a great variety of different scenarios and situations, as always.
To be honest, this update has been particularly exhausting. I've been spending more time than ever trying to get the best renders and animations that I'm capable of doing. But no worries, I'll take a few days of rest during the release of the different tiers, and I'll return as strong as ever!
Ok Caribdis, but... when?!
You know I don't like to give you a definitive date until I'm 100% sure I won't have to delay it, so, if everything goes as planned, I should be able to announce the release dates for each tier next weekend, so stay tuned!!!

Thank you for supporting the game and making its development possible, guys, I'll never be able to thank you all enough.

Stay awesome and see you all very soon!

Love you all

Caribdis

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019

[0.5] - Sneak peek #4 + Progress Report
Hello guys!!!

I hope everyone had a great start to the year!
So, the time has finally come! Eternum 0.5 is almost here!
But before that, I wanted to show a couple of last previews (with Nancy and Nova in this case) and share some info about the update with you.
0.5 is easily the biggest update I've done so far. Even if there's still work to do, I can already say that there will be more than 1200 renders, more than 40 animations, 4 new lewd scenes, and more than 11.000 new lines of code.
There are literally tens of different scenes that I can't wait for you to see. Even if this update is focused on "real-life" events, you can expect a great variety of different scenarios and situations, as always.
To be honest, this update has been particularly exhausting. I've been spending more time than ever trying to get the best renders and animations that I'm capable of doing. But no worries, I'll take a few days of rest during the release of the different tiers, and I'll return as strong as ever!
Ok Caribdis, but... when?!
You know I don't like to give you a definitive date until I'm 100% sure I won't have to delay it, so, if everything goes as planned, I should be able to announce the release dates for each tier next weekend, so stay tuned!!!

Thank you for supporting the game and making its development possible, guys, I'll never be able to thank you all enough.

Stay awesome and see you all very soon!

Love you all

Caribdis
So this sneak peek edition was a red-head edition. Very interesting, it's almost out v0.5 that it can be touched.
Nice Pochita plushie. Wonder what other manga and anime Nova's into.

4.80 star(s) 930 Votes