dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Only if a leaker/uploader leaks it. On the other hand, some devs in this site have control of their game's OT and - possibly through the help of moderators - can control whether or not a leak gets posted in said thread. Usually though those games have public release dates that are not far off from the Beta release so people are willing to wait, or the early releases are usually buggier than a Bethesda game on release day that people don't bother leaking it and wait for the more polished release, or (and this is by no means an insult to those devs) the game isn't that popular enough for someone to leak it so people in the thread have to wait for the public release.

TL;DR, a beta release shows up only if it leaks and only if the dev controlling the OT doesn't strike it down. If no one leaks it or the beta is buggy, it's always the public release that gets posted or uploaded to replace the beta.
True except the buggy beta: people don't care if it's buggy as hell, they leak it nonetheless. But Caribdis' are really stable.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Only if a leaker/uploader leaks it. On the other hand, some devs in this site have control of their game's OT and - possibly through the help of moderators - can control whether or not a leak gets posted in said thread. Usually though those games have public release dates that are not far off from the Beta release so people are willing to wait, or the early releases are usually buggier than a Bethesda game on release day that people don't bother leaking it and wait for the more polished release, or (and this is by no means an insult to those devs) the game isn't that popular enough for someone to leak it so people in the thread have to wait for the public release.

TL;DR, a beta release shows up only if it leaks and only if the dev controlling the OT doesn't strike it down. If no one leaks it or the beta is buggy, it's always the public release that gets posted or uploaded to replace the beta.
if a version gets leaked then it will be updated. We may be a patreon of some of the devs and we may not leak it BUT if we get a report of a new version then we are obligated to post it.

we have uploaders who had to update thier own games coz they got leaked earlier than public release :ROFLMAO:

bolenart

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks! Gives me a good indication of when to expect something here.

Doesn't really answer my question though: Do Beta releases usually appear here on F95? If they do, are they eventually followed by full releases?

I don't want to mess with Beta releases if I will get a full release in a reasonable timeframe. To me [I have a lot of games I could play while waiting] a month is a reasonable timeframe.
The difference between a beta release and a full release varies between different developers. For some, beta release means a bug-riddled mess with entire scenes not yet having been implemented; for others it means that there might be spelling errors or occasionally even minor bugs, but otherwise it's the exact same product as the full release.

Caribdis falls in the latter camp, so I wouldn't worry about playing the game as soon as it is released here (likely thursday or saturday, knock on wood), unless a few instances of bad grammar ruins the game for you.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Edit: when did you change your profile?
Erm...40-ish minutes ago (was debating whether to go with Cursed WoW dwarf or Jizz-in-my-Pants Warhammer dwarf, but ultimately the latter won out I think)? XD

Also, I like to picture Penny and Dalia having this sibling rivalry going on, only for them to go the way of OIAL's Judie and Iris once they're sufficiently intoxicated...and then they regret whatever random kinky shit they partake in the next day, possibly even beating Orion silly when he reminds them what they did.

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes