Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I heard that version 1.0 of this game is not the end,
Is this 100% for sure?.
Dev confirmation from Itch.io comments section back when 0.4 was still the latest version:

Fromtheman02.jpg

Personal guess is that it'll be longer than OIAL but it won't go the "churning out updates until the Patreon money dries up" route. Game obviously has a story to tell and with the current pacing it likely won't overstay its welcome.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Maybe Orion's father went to buy some milk.(jk)

I'm pretty sure that Orion's father has a big impact to story knowing that Idriel want Orion to "remeber" something in his past.

It is also suspicious that out of all the person who can babysit Orion it is someone who works in Ulysses Lab (Nancy). I'm not really sure about Nancy's involvement ("There's also a chance Nancy wants to fuck Orion is for her to get some specimens of Orion.. yeah... but I'm pretty sure she's just horny") but knowing that the phone call she got in the memory of Penny in the "Reminiscecombobulator" could be the job in the Ulysses Company, Nancy could be somehow involved or know what Orion's father does and just hides it(maybe).
I was under the assumption that the MC goes through rebirth upon his death time and time again in hopes to win, the only downside is that he forgets everything, except some traces here and there, each time. Those traces give him some intuition insights (choices for the player) to get better results this time, since this time is the last. The 100th time.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Man that was a good update.
Nova and Nancy scenes were so fucking good, Luna's makes me look forward to what comes next.
Even though we've had out theories on Eternum and its been heavily foreshadowed, was still satisfying to see it being revealed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can't wait to see what Idriel's character is about as well (I hope she gets a sex scene too though :sneaky:)

The rendering on the Nancy scene though, jeez. Probably the best work I've seen so far by Caribdis, or any dev with HS, makes me really look forward to what can be done in the future. I've severely underestimated HS2 until I saw what Caribdis is able to pull off with it.

I'm actually curious if he uses an external rendering engine for his scenes, like Blender/Unity. The rendering looks so good in the Nancy scene that it actually felt like I was playing a different game or engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caribdis

eheatjetjtjsthserth

Jul 6, 2022
Thank fucking God we finally got a sex scene, I was waiting for so long. I thought we were going to get it with Nova and I got blueballed so fucking hard. I really felt like the MC there. If there wasn't a sex scene in this update I was just going to stop following this until it came out because it's been like a year and a half.

Exterant

Aug 6, 2022
Thank fucking God we finally got a sex scene, I was waiting for so long. I thought we were going to get it with Nova and I got blueballed so fucking hard. I really felt like the MC there. If there wasn't a sex scene in this update I was just going to stop following this until it came out because it's been like a year and a half.
Do you mean with a main LI? There were sex scenes with Eva and Maat.

Drakenite

Aug 16, 2021

Yeah every time I got blueballed in this game I said your username out loud in frustration.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Someones on a bullshit bender. Quick, do more cocaine!

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Finally finished the update.

Dayum!

Seriously though, definitely felt good going to town (in many, many ways). Loved the variety of interactions in this chapter.

Also, I feel like I probably subconsciously guessed ... at least, I don't think I conciously knew, but I definitely didn't feel surprised ... more like "of course!".

Gonna be a long wait for the next chapter ...
simpsons are we there yet.gif

Aug 15, 2021
Damn, you telling me every girl I fuck that isn't my girlfriend doesn't count as sex?
Holy fuck I'm still a virgin :PogChamp:
To me its all about how invested you are into the characters. I really dont care for Eva and Maat Eva was there just to force a lewd scene in the game because otherwise there would be barely any lewds in the first version. Maat's only function was to progress with Nova. Remove them from the game entirely and I would not care one bit.

I think you should skip the next couple of updates and play them all in a batch later. The game is a bit slow (sometimes I think unnecessarily slow) but sex scenes are very likely to increase starting now. I think after the next couple of updates there will be a decent amount of them.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I stayed away from the forum until I caught up, and I get back in here and ... as always ... so much complaining about how little satisfaction MC is having.

That's fine. If that's the main reason why you want to play these games, I can see how all the "teasing" could upset you.

But I feel like every time a new chapter comes out for ANY highly-regarded AVN, MOST of which lean at least a little bit more into the story aspect, a wave of "WHERE'S THE BEEF" complaints litter the thread for a while. It's kinda sad.

First of all, if you been here a while and made it this far into the game and you're STILL complaining ... why are you still here?

If you just found the game recently, why did you stay?

Eternum is, first and foremost, a Sci-Fi HORROR story with lots of humor and a wicked teasing tone. Yes, it took this long for the MC to actually penetrate one of the LIs, but it's not like he's been blue balled the ENTIRE time ... but that's part of the humor of the game.

Like others have said, this chapter ramped up everything. The plot, the scary, the humor, and the sex. Won't be surprised if it ramps up more in the next chapter. That's how Once in a Lifetime played out (which was Gothic HORROR, for those who didn't know/forgot), so people shouldn't really be surprised by this from Caribdis anymore ...

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I was under the assumption that the MC goes through rebirth upon his death time and time again in hopes to win, the only downside is that he forgets everything, except some traces here and there, each time. Those traces give him some intuition insights (choices for the player) to get better results this time, since this time is the last. The 100th time.
Intuition doesn't work that way. Orion (MC) should be showing moments where he believes that choosing a certain choice is the right call or he has a nagging feeling that choosing the alternative is wrong. And yet whenever he is about to make certain choices, there's always doubt or second-guessing or a lack of idea on how to proceed (or, in certain cases, he doesn't even get to choose (i.e. opening the door at the end of 0.3)). That's the opposite of being intuitive.

Also, aside from interpretations one could make regarding Idriel's "this time, it'll be the right one" phrase and "heads or tails" talk, the cryptic words of one of the Syndicate members saying "because we've seen it, because we've already tried," Luna not being able to see Orion's future (which yes, could be interpreted as him not having a future because he's currently in a loop...but that's just one of many possible interpretations), there's no other indication throughout the story that would imply Orion is indeed stuck in a cycle of death and rebirth. Usually in stories where the character is stuck in a cycle there's always foreshadowing or references to the fact, like the character experiencing deja vu or this nagging feeling that something that he is experiencing has happened before but he doesn't remember (and no, the temple thing in Warthogs doesn't count because that references the dream he had at the beginning of the story, when he met the Lady in Black for the first time). Or again, the character instinctively making certain choices without second thought or the character having an unexplainable urge to choose a certain choice when presented with the opportunity to choose (intuition).

Instead, the only thing that's being indicated throughout the story is that something happened in Orion's past, something crucial that he doesn't seem to remember, the only hints we have being Idriel and the voices telling him to remember, and the fact that Orion at some point met the Founder in the past if you chose him to go through the ReminiscecomblastitallIcan'tpronounceitright (a possible explanation for the scene being that he experienced a "Bleeding Case" while he was young, just like what happened to the creators of Alien back in the 70s when they "dreamt of Eternum" as said in the audio logs back in Andromeda, and that he had met the Founder during that time).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In fact, I'd argue that Caribdis has been emphasizing the importance of the past quite a lot throughout the story, more so than providing any possible indication that a loop is taking place. The flashback of Alex's time with her Baba (Grandma), Penny's ReminiscecomgoddammitCaribdiswhymakethishardtospell event at Warthogs (which drops some possible foreshadowing regarding Dalia's childhood blade and a certain Weapon of Atlas), uncovering the truth of the past as the central theme in the Mystery Server, Luna's event in 0.5 referencing not only her past but her family's past (which includes a possible lore drop regarding Luna's magical ancestry and her family's connection to the dead of Eternum), Orion's inquiry to Wyatt's past leading to that bombshell of an ending in this update...that's quite a lot, really.

I could be wrong with regards to the theory of course. But until there's any concrete indication or hint that shows up later on that Orion (MC) himself is stuck in a cycle...I can't really subscribe to it.

icarussora

Mar 6, 2021
Hey, im playing through the game and no matter what i do i cant get on alex's path, ive gotten the 3 minimum points to continue her path after studying with her but i dont get the next scene and it just says she left and took her bike. would activating her path from files work? and if so how do i do that?.

(nvm fixed it i downloaded sanchomod and activated it from that)

Last edited:

ShadowLordV1

Aug 18, 2022
Same! I think the horror scenes are some of the best ones in Caribdis's games - I especially liked the scene in the hospital in Once in a Lifetime. But rather than zombies I would love to see a future game by Caribdis based on lovecraftian horrors or the SCP.
Tentacle people tentacle people... The possibilities.

4.80 star(s) 908 Votes