Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Oh I'm not worried about that since I'm pretty sure Caribdis already has the story locked. I'm more worried about the number of Patrons that would potentially leave until the next update, thus making the tier fall again and Caribdis going back to just blazing through dev like a madman with a handful of volunteers instead of getting enough moolah to hire additional help. I mean I know the risk of having more people but with his current work ethic I was thinking maybe having more hands would lighten the load for him a little.
Agreed, but let's hope that the positive trend will continue and that the patrons will stay still, of course it is physiological to always lose a certain number of patrons, but if the level of the history and the quality of the games will remain so good, I believe that the numbers can grow in the long term.
I certainly wish Caribdis to further increase its base, by now we can consider him at the qualitative level of big devs, so let's hope that the trend continues positively instead of receding, and that he could focus on the game as a whole and on his collaborators instead of being forced to do it by his own hands.

May 9, 2021
What are you guys talking about?

4F2BAB54-966C-4F3A-B185-BD8BF52A81A1.jpeg

It would take a monumental fuckup on his part for Caribdis to lose close to 800 patrons before the next update. He’s closer to his next goal than he is to going backwards.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
/starts mumbling

Please don't fall until the next update*...please don't fall until the next update...I want to see what Cari can do with even more hands on deck now that we're about to get into the thick of the story...please don't fall until the next update...

View attachment 2395752

*"Why not pray that it doesn't fall off until the end of the story?" Well I'd like that too, but I figure if Patreons see what the extra help does in the upcoming update then it'll just snowball from there, y'know?
No chance of that happening looking at the figures:

Patreons.PNG

Looks like he may even reach the 6k goal next month.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
What are you guys talking about?

View attachment 2396276

It would take a monumental fuckup on his part for Caribdis to lose close to 800 patrons before the next update. He’s closer to his next goal than he is to going backwards.
No chance of that happening looking at the figures:

View attachment 2396346

Looks like he may even reach the 6k goal next month.
Just basing it on past observation where the 4.5k milestone was almost achieved only for it to go down right after when some Patrons didn't renew their pledges in the following month.

01.jpg 02.jpg

^This was around the time of 0.4 release, with August 31 having the highest recorded pledges prior to now.

So yes, this is the first time the pledges stayed high enough to breach the 4.5k milestone and still continue climbing. All I'm hoping is that it continues climbing, and not have another repeat of history where a number of pledges stop renewal after a month and knock the milestone back, but then start picking up again once the next release month draws close. That, or at least have the number of pledges who stop renewal in the following months be low enough that the 4.5k milestone is maintained.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Can someone tell me what‘s the variable name that gets set during the Penny scene where you can decide between romantic or rough approach? If there is one, I mean. Both versions are hot and if that decision indicates future penny behaviour I‘d like to see both without having to replay most of the game.

Unless of course LightmanP comes through with his mod and makes it possible to see everything at once *wink wink nudge nudge*
Save your game at that break point - that's what I did. Just roll back, or if you're too far for that, you should still be able to pick it up in the autosaves.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
It's HS2, it's got like three presets: East Asian sex doll for the women, bishonen amd doofus for the men. Getting it to portray other characters is like half the work Caribdis has put into Eternum, and even he has limits.
Im usually not a fan of games that use HS, just not fan of the models, but every so often a dev comes along and puts in massive amount of work to make it look way better than DAZ ever good and Caribdis is definitely one of those Devs.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Im usually not a fan of games that use HS, just not fan of the models, but every so often a dev comes along and puts in massive amount of work to make it look way better than DAZ ever good and Caribdis is definitely one of those Devs.
To add to this - the work is not only in the Main Cast, it is also in Side Characters. You rarely find someone who puts that much work into side characters which might only appear once, most people would settle with just one of the defaults or slightly changing them.

Makes the game more lively.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 300, in execute_play_sound
    renpy.sound.play(_audio_eval(p["file"]),
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 32, in _audio_eval
    return eval(expr, locals=store.audio.__dict__)
  File "game/script5.rpy", line 9336, in <module>
NameError: name 'phonecamera' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script5.rpyc", line 9336, in script
    d��IC�r�����S��-�zO�;ZH��-<G�]1b��x����T+���X�ם�9�;ږ������Qi��up�J|�f�P�b��II��.�b/���Ot��4��="����<��8�:E���k�<i�j@�ܘV��)��|�W�U��ϓ��J    ���#}1���f��Z���Q�D���i��ME>D�J�}���<��c���[�_T�#Dv�X�F�H@��s"D^�:SG��@M�4�>F����v��ӱQb:�t�zvv�.ߊ���vvog?��xngVPǓZ�7.�@_�o\0�_'
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2009, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1997, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 300, in execute_play_sound
    renpy.sound.play(_audio_eval(p["file"]),
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 32, in _audio_eval
    return eval(expr, locals=store.audio.__dict__)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script5.rpy", line 9336, in <module>
NameError: name 'phonecamera' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Eternum 0.5
Fri Feb 17 16:45:20 2023

May 9, 2021
Just basing it on past observation where the 4.5k milestone was almost achieved only for it to go down right after when some Patrons didn't renew their pledges in the following month.

View attachment 2396490 View attachment 2396492

^This was around the time of 0.4 release, with August 31 having the highest recorded pledges prior to now.

So yes, this is the first time the pledges stayed high enough to breach the 4.5k milestone and still continue climbing. All I'm hoping is that it continues climbing, and not have another repeat of history where a number of pledges stop renewal after a month and knock the milestone back, but then start picking up again once the next release month draws close. That, or at least have the number of pledges who stop renewal in the following months be low enough that the 4.5k milestone is maintained.
Easy way to think about it - treat Patreon subscribers as a stock price. Each red line is a resistance level in terms of both resistance (attracting new subscribers) and support (subscribers that continue to renew). Notice how they are pretty evenly spread - but how the number of subscribers never falls below the previous support level?

1676637428871.png

Interest and support bounced around a bit at just under that 4.5k level before the new episode broke through resistance.

It's why I can categorically guarantee it won't drop bellow 4.5k. I'd actually say around 5k patrons is will be the support level. All Caribdis needs to do is continue to put out consistent quality, and the rest will take care of itself. While I'm enjoying playing Eternum, I'm really interested in what he'll be able to do with his next project - because I reckon by the time this is complete, he'll have over 10k patrons and it's time to start thinking about doing this full time.

An known

Sep 16, 2021
While I'm enjoying playing Eternum, I'm really interested in what he'll be able to do with his next project - because I reckon by the time this is complete, he'll have over 10k patrons and it's time to start thinking about doing this full time.
He already started creating and developing the his games full-time since he got 500 Patrons in creating OiaL:
IMG_20230217_220735.jpg
I'm pretty sure Caribdis is already prioritizing the game to making it even better than before, you can also see that everytime a goal is reached it's always affect the speeding and the improvement of the game.

If you played OiaL there's obvious improvements that you'll notice everytime an update happens (like scenes, animations, and the models of the game).

You'll also notice it in Eternum, the changing of hairstyles every update (seeing what fits better), The number of good song choices for every scenes and the cool effects and animations added in game.

So no worries Caribdis is doing his best for the improvement of the game, he will always get more and loyal supporters as this game continues to keep getting better.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Man, translating this game to spanish made me realize something. I didn't want to translate anything, I just wanted to partake in the awesomeness of this game. So upon realizing that, I decided to create my own VN. That's the effect Eternum has on you lol. Sadly, this means I won't finish the translation. Anyways, wish my luck (y)
Pass on that baton if someone wishes to volunteer in translating it, lol.

Also, good luck. /salute

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
Man, translating this game to spanish made me realize something. I didn't want to translate anything, I just wanted to partake in the awesomeness of this game. So upon realizing that, I decided to create my own VN. That's the effect Eternum has on you lol. Sadly, this means I won't finish the translation. Anyways, wish me luck (y)
good luck man. Count me as your first fan

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
I wonder what's the song playing in Nancy's elevator scene guys?
I believe it's called Besame by Lu-Ni. In any case, the YT link below is a playlist with the tracks used in Eternum so far, so check it out if you're interested.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dunner and honalu
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes