Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I loved the new update, but.. what's with the nasty ass looking fingernails? They look like some bloated corpse washed up on the beach.

View attachment 2417734
That might actually be intentional.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Linking these posts from a while back:

I was going to make a similar post about Orion but it didn't seem worth the effort.

Have you noticed his fingernails?
How the dead Syndicate members seem drawn to him like Moths on a flame?
His cold body temp (may be an insignificant 1 off w/ Luna)?
The girl with powers to see death can't see his (may have already occurred)?
His near immortal zenkai boost in Eternum?
That boost itself that makes him look dead?

I think this will be a shoe drop moment with Orion in the future
TL;DR, his fingernails were fine around 0.2 prior to his trip to Ogygia where he manifested his mysterious power. After Ogygia, his fingernails started to become darker and "deader," for lack of better word, and has shown to have gone increasingly worse as of 0.5.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think he's slowly getting corruped by his IG "demon" form IRL.
I'd like to think it's "Spectral" more than "Demonic" given that majority of the beings we're dealing/interacting with in the main story this time around are ghosts, dead people walking, and spirits (as opposed to "Demons," "Demonspawn," "Demon Cultists," "Demonologists," and "Possessed Individuals" in OIAL). I mean, there are Elves too, but most of their lore in both fiction and mythology is tied/more compatible to spirits and the spiritual rather than the demonic, really (unless it's Warcraft lore. Or Warhammer (yes I'm one of those sick fucks who believe that Khaine and Khorne are one and the same and those who say otherwise are just huffing copium). And no I don't subscribe to the idea of certain Medieval Christian texts that like to lump Elves with Demons because Pagan beliefs and shit, but that's just me).

Reactions: sageproduct

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I think it will depend on how the things will progress, I agree that Nancy looks the best candidate to notice it first, unless something bad will happen to Orion, maybe after a fight where he use his power too much, like defending one of the girls and suddenly collapsing or showing any other bad symptoms due to the overuse of it..
I mean it's a possibility that this power will take a toll on him sooner or later, right?
It can't be only a positive improvement in his physics and magic abilities, but something on the lines "the more he will use it the more he will be consumed or harmed by it", it would match with the word that Thanatos said to him about being defective and weak.
Of course it could be something different, but I have the sensation that it's not all gold in regard of it, or I'm wrong ( wouldn't be the first nor the last time it happen).

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
I think it will depend on how the things will progress, I agree that Nancy looks the best candidate to notice it first, unless something bad will happen to Orion, maybe after a fight where he use his power too much, like defending one of the girls and suddenly collapsing or showing any other bad symptoms due to the overuse of it..
I mean it's a possibility that this power will take a toll on him sooner or later, right?
It can't be only a positive improvement in his physics and magic abilities, but something on the lines "the more he will use it the more he will be consumed or harmed by it", it would match with the word that Thanatos said to him about being defective and weak.
Of course it could be something different, but I have the sensation that it's not all gold in regard of it, or I'm wrong ( wouldn't be the first nor the last time it happen).
DYLAN! DORITO IS BACK!

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan741

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
it would match with the word that Thanatos said to him about being defective and weak.
I'm still of the opinion that Thanatos is just taunting Orion because he thinks that the latter is beneath him. And given the revelation of this patch, it's more apparent that the reason he thinks so is not just because of experience, but because of their differing natures. Orion, for all his power-ups and such, is still tied to the "constraints" of his humanity. He can't stay in Eternum for long because he needs food and water and a good night's sleep to recharge for the next day. And he can't play too much because he has a life outside the game. Also, his stats are tied to his physical attributes in the real world, so unless he makes some gains in the real, he's pretty much fucked (though as of 0.5, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore given that it's implied that he's growing stronger by playing Eternum). Compare that to ol' Wyatt, who's basically dead in the real world. Which means he could basically stay in Eternum for as long as he likes, grow stronger and tougher without the physical constraints of his human body, and, since his "dead" status basically makes him invincible in-game (he likely can't feel pain, , and would still keep going even after suffering wounds that could otherwise kill a person outright), it basically provides him with an unfair edge even to those who wield a Weapon of Atlas (so no, no one-shotting this one, Nova).

So yeah, it's likely that Wyatt is gloating at the fact that he has all of these attributes that no other player will ever have, and no one - not even Orion - will be able to defeat him unless they "get on his level" - which he thinks they won't given that they have to literally die first in order to do so.

It can't be only a positive improvement in his physics and magic abilities, but something on the lines "the more he will use it the more he will be consumed or harmed by it"
"I'm old, Gandalf. I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel thin, sort of stretched, like… butter scraped over too much bread."

-Bilbo Baggins, LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring

Same effect, methinks. Bilbo hardly aged while he had the Ring, but he was slowly becoming more and more similar to a Ringwraith as he kept using it (Gollum was on his way in becoming such as well...though the Ring parted from him before he could even reach that point). By the time he parted with it, not only did his age catch up to him, to the point that he had to be sent to the Grey Havens by the end of ROTK just to get treatment.

So yeah, could be that Orion will start "fading" the more he taps into the power, both in body and spirit, until he ends up gone, possibly becoming akin to those creepy voices that he hears whenever some weird shit is about to go down.

(Would be funny if he or anyone in the cast (likely Dalia, since it's her favorite movie trilogy and all) references the quote if the revelation of the fingernails ends up being the case as mentioned above)

DYLAN! DORITO IS BACK!
11a00eedf16a3e272706a7ca7e9d17d2.gif

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I'm still of the opinion that Thanatos is just taunting Orion because he thinks that the latter is beneath him. And given the revelation of this patch, it's more apparent that the reason he thinks so is not just because of experience, but because of their differing natures. Orion, for all his power-ups and such, is still tied to the "constraints" of his humanity. He can't stay in Eternum for long because he needs food and water and a good night's sleep to recharge for the next day. And he can't play too much because he has a life outside the game. Also, his stats are tied to his physical attributes in the real world, so unless he makes some gains in the real, he's pretty much fucked (though as of 0.5, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore given that it's implied that he's growing stronger by playing Eternum). Compare that to ol' Wyatt, who's basically dead in the real world. Which means he could basically stay in Eternum for as long as he likes, grow stronger and tougher without the physical constraints of his human body, and, since his "dead" status basically makes him invincible in-game (he likely can't feel pain, , and would still keep going even after suffering wounds that could otherwise kill a person outright), it basically provides him with an unfair edge even to those who wield a Weapon of Atlas (so no, no one-shotting this one, Nova).

So yeah, it's likely that Wyatt is gloating at the fact that he has all of these attributes that no other player will ever have, and no one - not even Orion - will be able to defeat him unless they "get on his level" - which he thinks they won't given that they have to literally die first in order to do so.

"I'm old, Gandalf. I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel thin, sort of stretched, like… butter scraped over too much bread."

-Bilbo Baggins, LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring

Same effect, methinks. Bilbo hardly aged while he had the Ring, but he was slowly becoming more and more similar to a Ringwraith as he kept using it (Gollum was on his way in becoming such as well...though the Ring parted from him before he could even reach that point). By the time he parted with it, not only did his age catch up to him, to the point that he had to be sent to the Grey Havens by the end of ROTK just to get treatment.

So yeah, could be that Orion will start "fading" the more he taps into the power, both in body and spirit, until he ends up gone, possibly becoming akin to those creepy voices that he hears whenever some weird shit is about to go down.

(Would be funny if he or anyone in the cast (likely Dalia, since it's her favorite movie trilogy and all) references the quote if the revelation of the fingernails ends up being the case as mentioned above)

View attachment 2418672
Agreed, agreed this a lot for food for thoughts, so allow me to "digest" it properly before continuing discussing it, but I tend to agree with you.

Ehm, I think the "Dorito" thing was caused by me, I confused the part at the photoshoot when Nova called herself a walking Cheetos and instead I used Dorito.. sigh...
I'm ashamed of myself misremembering the words of my Goddess...
argh-anime-dissapointed-anime-girl.gif

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
Sorry, sorry!
I didn't want to write a wall of text, forgive me it's just that I got really curious about the fingernails theory... And as always it get me going over and beyond, apologies!!!
View attachment 2418661
Hey man what're you apologizing for, I'm just happy the cheeto with legs in your pfp is back! Although gotta admit Jinx was good too. And yeah idk why I wrote dorito. Let's pretend that didn't happen. DYLAN! YOUR LOVELY CHEETO PFP IS BACK!

• Red Heart

Prolko

Dec 23, 2019
Agreed, agreed this a lot for food for thoughts, so allow me to "digest" it properly before continuing discussing it, but I tend to agree with you.

Ehm, I think the "Dorito" thing was caused by me, I confused the part at the photoshoot when Nova called herself a walking Cheetos and instead I used Dorito.. sigh...
I'm ashamed of myself misremembering the words of my Goddess...
View attachment 2418698
Nah man that one was on me. But like I said, let's pretend that didn't happen.

4.80 star(s) 912 Votes