Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

[0.6] - Progress Report

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all doing great!

It is time for a quick progress update on Eternum's development!

I'm well, and the update is going well! I have more than 500 renders already, and I've already done several things that I can't wait to show you!

As you know, 0.5 was focused on "real life" events, and this time we're going back to Eternum (as in Eternum's world inside the game o_O ). This update will contain a lot of story progression, with several events that will be vital to the development of the plot.

If you want to start the new update without knowing anything, stop reading here!
If you don't mind minor spoilers (I won't reveal anything significant, obviously), keep reading!

It is time for the MC and the girls to roll up their sleeves and get serious in their Gems of Doom search, as they're the key to unraveling all the mystery that surrounds Eternum. In this update, we will visit several servers, such as war zones, the Wild West, or mysterious manors where you'll be in charge of trying to solve an unsolved crime ‍♀

I've been working on this last scene for the past few weeks. It was a bit more challenging and time-consuming than usual because I wanted it to be particularly open-ended and this meant a lot of extra coding work. You'll be able to leave without solving the case or not, getting valuable info or artifacts, or even deciding who lives and who dies :devilish:
It will all depend on how you play your cards!

And of course, I didn't forget about sexy times, nobody panic!
You can expect plenty of moments of intimacy and bonding with your favorite girls. There will be 4 new sex scenes again, all of them fully animated as usual :p:sneaky:

And that's all for now, but stay tuned because I'll post a new set of preview images very soon!

Thank you so much for your constant support guys, you motivate me to keep working on this project with the same passion I had when I started :love:

Remember you can DM me or leave a comment if you need anything from me!
I love you all <3

Caribdis

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

[0.6] - Progress Report

Hello everyone!

I'm well, and the update is going well! I have more than 500 renders already, and I've already done several things that I can't wait to show you!

As you know, 0.5 was focused on "real life" events, and this time we're going back to Eternum (as in Eternum's world inside the game ). This update will contain a lot of story progression, with several events that will be vital to the development of the plot.

If you want to start the new update without knowing anything, stop reading here!
If you don't mind minor spoilers (I won't reveal anything significant, obviously), keep reading!

It is time for the MC and the girls to roll up their sleeves and get serious in their Gems of Doom search, as they're the key to unraveling all the mystery that surrounds Eternum. In this update, we will visit several servers, such as war zones, the Wild West, or mysterious manors where you'll be in charge of trying to solve an unsolved crime ‍♀

I've been working on this last scene for the past few weeks. It was a bit more challenging and time-consuming than usual because I wanted it to be particularly open-ended and this meant a lot of extra coding work. You'll be able to leave without solving the case or not, getting valuable info or artifacts, or even deciding who lives and who dies

You can expect plenty of moments of intimacy and bonding with your favorite girls. There will be 4 new sex scenes again, all of them fully animated as usual

And that's all for now, but stay tuned because I'll post a new set of preview images very soon!

Thank you so much for your constant support guys, you motivate me to keep working on this project with the same passion I had when I started

I love you all <3

Caribdis
Can't wait to see who are the lucky girls. :love:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

[0.6] - Progress Report

Hello everyone!

As you know, 0.5 was focused on "real life" events, and this time we're going back to Eternum (as in Eternum's world inside the game o_O ). This update will contain a lot of story progression, with several events that will be vital to the development of the plot.

I've been working on this last scene for the past few weeks. It was a bit more challenging and time-consuming than usual because I wanted it to be particularly open-ended and this meant a lot of extra coding work. You'll be able to leave without solving the case or not, getting valuable info or artifacts, or even deciding who lives and who dies :devilish:

You can expect plenty of moments of intimacy and bonding with your favorite girls. There will be 4 new sex scenes again, all of them fully animated as usual :p:sneaky:

Thank you so much for your constant support guys, you motivate me to keep working on this project with the same passion I had when I started :love:

I love you all <3

Caribdis
This so dope!!! Cant' wait to see, this will be a huge release like the 0.5 I'm super hyped!!!!!
That thing about the manors remind me of Magnus grimoire....And that was one of the best scene in OIAL... I'm just a little scared about the die thing though, this mean we will need to be careful.... AAaaargh! As if i wasn't already excited!!!
What a tease!!!!:love::love::love:

• Love
Reactions: rudy007

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
This so dope!!! Cant' wait to see, this will be a huge release like the 0.5 I'm super hyped!!!!!
That thing about the manors remind me of Magnus grimoire....And that was one of the best scene in OIAL... I'm just a little scared about the die thing though, this mean we will need to be careful.... AAaaargh! As if i wasn't already excited!!!
What a tease!!!!:love::love::love:
As long as that doesn't make the protagonist's heart skip a beat or something in this coming update (or equally traumatizes either Nova or Annie). Those 3 really have problems dealing with scary things, especially one particularly jumpy lassie.
giphy.gif

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dylan741

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I think 44 would've been convenient. Would be a nod to the "Do you feel lucky punk" quote from the movie Dirty Harry.
A .44 Colt? Wouldn't that be "Special".

And while I have a modern repro in .44M, that would be inconsistent with the impression. ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ArDZer
Jan 21, 2023
As long as that doesn't make the protagonist's heart skip a beat or something in this coming update (or equally traumatizes either Nova or Annie). Those 3 really have problems dealing with scary things, especially one particularly jumpy lassie.
View attachment 2568219
Nova does not get spooked easily. I think its just Annie. I dont remember the details but if MC/Annie die in the spaceship Nova is the one who goes back to retrieve the gem despite all the monsters being there.

She is a badass and she has the OP weapon. Of all the girls Nova and especially Calypso are the worst characters to take to a horror themed mission because they would simply attack first and get scared later. I think even characters like Nancy would be better companions if you want a scary atmosphere. Luna is another character who would not get scared but she would try to make it scarier for the player instead of straight up attacking the ghosts/monsters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Me 2 years back: Well, with Caribdis pulling the haunted mansion card early, my chances of getting a heart attack while playing has somewhat lessened...

Caribdis as of this latest progress report:

I'll_Fuckin_Do_It_Again.jpg

Me upon seeing the news:

RvWPvwCD (1).gif

You'll be able to leave without solving the case or not, getting valuable info or artifacts, or even deciding who lives and who dies :devilish:
Knowing Orion (MC) he's probably going to sacrifice himself for the girls I'm sure...

...unless it's one of those forced trolley problem choices with no right or wrong answer like in the Andromeda server storyline. In which case...

/tosses Penny to the sacrificial altar

...What? She has a lower level compared to the others so I'm sure she'll get it back in no time. She's no Jerry, after all.

(Now that I think about it, I wonder if the dialogue choices you've made during the talk with The Founder (i.e. making the choice to fight for others, making the choice not to sacrifice innocents) is going to play a part in this manor case?)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Me 2 years back: Well, with Caribdis pulling the haunted mansion card early, my chances of getting a heart attack while playing has somewhat lessened...

Caribdis as of this latest progress report:

View attachment 2568741

Me upon seeing the news:

View attachment 2568792

Knowing Orion (MC) he's probably going to sacrifice himself for the girls I'm sure...

...unless it's one of those forced trolley problem choices with no right or wrong answer like in the Andromeda server storyline. In which case...

...What? She has a lower level compared to the others so I'm sure she'll get it back in no time. She's no Jerry, after all.

(Now that I think about it, I wonder if the dialogue choices you've made during the talk with The Founder (i.e. making the choice to fight for others, making the choice not to sacrifice innocents) is going to play a part in this manor case?)
So what you're really saying is that they need to bring Jerry along, but not tell him what's going on?

Or, possibly, this is the opportunity for Chang to shine: he gets set-up with an implant and goes on each mission as the sacrificial lamb, knowing that is his role each time. He has nothing to lose, but gets to play an instrumental role in the recovery of each gem. His code name will be "Kenny".

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
So what you're really saying is that they need to bring Jerry along, but not tell him what's going on?

Or, possibly, this is the opportunity for Chang to shine: he gets set-up with an implant and goes on each mission as the sacrificial lamb, knowing that is his role each time. He has nothing to lose, but gets to play an instrumental role in the recovery of each gem. His code name will be "Kenny".
So Chang could join the Expendables team (with Noah and Raul) should the need arise. Hope he gets paid or something by Mr. Richards and his haremettes, because iirc Jerry's last "death" was free of charge since he's smitten by Dalia (even when it's clear he's way too out of her league and he still doesn't realize that).

An known

Sep 16, 2021

Come on... Penny already died once...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it's the other girls turn to die this time...
Maybe Nova?
Nahhh everyone loves Nova...
Maybe Annie?
Nahhh she's still young to die... Hehe..
Maybe Nancy? We already fucked her so...
Just Kidding...
You know...
Just kill Jerry, No regrets everyone is happy

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Come on... Penny already died once...
I think it's the other girls turn to die this time...
Maybe Nova?
Nahhh everyone loves Nova...
Maybe Annie?
Nahhh she's still young to die... Hehe..
Maybe Nancy? We already fucked her so...
Just Kidding...
You know...
Just kill Jerry, No regrets everyone is happy
Or maybe Regina, if it's about sending a girl (or a witch) to be sacrificed. Penny would approve of it. And maybe, just maybe Jerry would get some respite from "dying" so many times.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
I'm not sure what an "adequate Path B" would be. Yes, you would miss sexual content with girls if you avoided their paths. But that's the very point of giving you those choices. What else would you miss? Not story progression. That is independent of what happens sexually.

Do you mean having sex with Girl A INSTEAD OF Girl B? That IS what non-harem stories do, not this game. Try this though: make a playthrough for every girl. Concentrate on one girl for each route, ignoring all others. There - you have created a non-harem game out of this one.
If you're not on Annie's path, you don't even go to Andromeda.

If you're not on Luna's path, you don't see her experience with her mother in Warthogs, and you don't even go on the trip to meet her uncle.

If you're not on Nova's path, she doesn't even go to the Halloween party. Which doesn't just affect her - it makes you miss out on some of Nova and Penny's relationship too.

As the relationships developed, Once in a Lifetime featured more and more content that was path-specific. You'd eventually get to large time skips where, even on a blind playthrough, you can tell you just missed tons of content from not romancing someone.

But, no, you're not going to get situations where if you romance Girl A, she marries you, if you don't, she joins a convent or commits suicide or kills your puppy or some other path that completely changes the story. I say, thank goodness!

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding you, but you seem to be boiling everything down to what happens with potential LIs, which gives disservice to the actual game, which is almost worth playing without any sex.
Once in a Lifetime very clearly yields bad or worse outcomes for several of the love interests you don't romance. They live less happy lives with people who love them less.

It is abundantly clear there is a right way, and there is a wrong way. Not a "choose your one and only" story.

one example would be we don't go to Andromeda Space Resort with Annie if not on Annie Path.
I would want to see the MC experience Andromeda Space Resort even if the MC isn't on Annie's Path.

I don't care about the adult scenes. Not for this game at least. Not for most games for that matter.
But I want to see the story.

Dropping off someone's path means not seeing their story events.
"Path B" as in, still go, but as a friend.

Anyway, it's minor.
I can live with it.
+1

Going to Andromeda with Annie as best friends, like you've always been, would be pretty awesome

Agreed, but as I said, imho, it's a cultural issue first and foremost in real life and it can reflect on how you perceive a fictional work that goes against it.
If you are accustomed by everything around you to see polyamorous relations as wrong, and be frowned upon and considering all the other psychological pressure to get your mindset on the monogamy as the only positive value, you will get that issue ( and girls and women are especially forced to undergo that from young age).
Yes, I agree.

However, the reality is that most people, in most societies, have been mostly monogamous. I'm sure even Dragon59 , who has discussed living the poly lifestyle for decades and is an active proponent of it, would still agree.

Counterculture is by necessity a response to mainstream culture. So naturally, it feels off if mainstream culture isn't even acknowledged.

Granted - I wouldn't change this. Even touching this topic would instantly telegraph an agenda being preached in Eternum here, which would really dilute the message it's really focused on and change its tone.

Eternum's focus isn't about promoting poly. It's about manhood. It's about living with courage, kindness, and generosity. It's about loving with all your heart, by protecting your lover, caring for her, desiring her, accepting her unconditionally, always seeing her as beautiful, risking everything for her, being ready to sacrifice yourself for her. It's about being a man, when you didn't have a good male role model to teach you.

The weirdness remains a natural consequence of this choice however.

Sure there are some unrealistic things like the girls not being jealous, no relationship drama, a group of supermodel tier girls all being interested in one man etc but thats just the nature of harem games and it does not impact my enjoyment of the game in any way. There are far more unrealistic things in the game after all such as the following:

Gas prices being 1 dollar:

View attachment 2565316
ez. The price of oil plummeted worldwide after Eternum was so astronomically successful that transportation and industrial production plummeted. Also, President & Philanthropist Mike Stabby funded breakthrough research on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and also discovered a Reptilian lair harboring already-distilled oil in the amounts of 10x the world's previously known supply, as well as highly advanced energy harnessing technology that made oil refinement 50x more efficient
Nancy's house being cheap. It is a big house located near a good school/college and near a major tech company like Ulysses. It would be really fucking expensive in real life.

View attachment 2565324

A bunch of supermodels throwing themselves at you and agreeing to be in a harem seems extremely realistic in comparison
There's a major plot reason for houses in Kredon being pretty cheap all factors considered. But to say what it is would be huge spoilers. Son of Durin already knows.

Isn't it interesting that some people who readily accept the fantastic premise of this game itself, find accepting polyamory/harem troublesome?

Not wrong, just interesting.
Yeah, just like how when adults were scrunching their noses at Harry Potter hitting the theaters, until the director for Goblet of Fire explained that it was a great portrayal of pre-WWII fear and denial

Wands, wizards, corporate suits, swords - irrelevant. Those are just the clothes a story wears. The poster who said realistic characters are necessary, not realistic settings, nailed it.

I'm also of the opinion that missing some events if you're not on a girl's love path is a shame. Why bother giving a choice to refuse a girl then, just write a linear harem story.

Could work with not much work, a few dialogue changes and minus sex scenes. With Annie they could still go on the server as friends. You miss quite a big part with the alien invasion and other girls helping. Same with Dalia you miss her sport event
Completely agree on the observation and sentiment but disagree on the prescription. Eternum's perfect the way it is.

The choices do serve a purpose. It's just that that purpose is not branching storylines.

The purpose is to put focus on those key decisions, actions, and words that makes a man who he is.

The choices and their outcomes show you the difference between a man who takes action to do what is right, and a man who is controlled by fear. Between a man who truly understands what loving a woman means, and a man who is too self-absorbed to truly receive her.

Orion's special abilities and plot-crucial attributes are his LEAST extraordinary features. What actually makes him extraordinary is his character, which is larger than life (for a teenage young man, at least).

Last edited:

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 2568219
Agreed 100%... though I must admit... it's funny to see Orion jumping like a scaredy cat, I'm a bad person I know!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
jujuju-anime.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ArDZer and Elhemeer

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I'd rather not NTR, but I don't mind if it's not too hardcore. I like these 2 games, so harem and incest are perfectly fine. As for what games have I played, as I said before, the only 3D games I've played are Once in a lifetime and Eternum.
How did you write over a thousand comments on here while playing only 2 3d games, pretty impressive.
I can heavily recommend Out of Touch. It's more of an anime look, but if you don't mind that you'll find a very fun story filled with happy slice of life moments, deep character drama and even some cosmic horror. It also has a lot of content already and if you go through reading anything you'll have at least 30 hours to play.
If you are looking more for something that looks like eternum niichans games are pretty good (My bully is my lover and sicae). They are a lot more drama focused though.
If you want purely more fun slice of life hanging out with your happy harem, harem hotel does that very well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lewyn Collins

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I can't find Lancester Boarding House here in F95ZONE, so I guess it was deleted. Thanks for that though. And seriously, stop before your head explodes :ROFLMAO:
I remembered another few, Melody (Mr.Dot Games), Picture Perfect, Secret Summer (both by SuperWriter) Acting Lessons (I warn you about this one, game is real good, end is... controversial. If you are really emotional, SKIP it. I will mess you up),

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lewyn Collins

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Nova does not get spooked easily. I think its just Annie. I dont remember the details but if MC/Annie die in the spaceship Nova is the one who goes back to retrieve the gem despite all the monsters being there.
Wait, fr? Do you remember where this conversation happens? I got Annie the charm so I'm unsure if I can even see it.

buff

May 29, 2017
I mean this is the mindset I always try to have playing these types of games, but it can be hard sometimes to suspend disbelief when I pay attention to part of the story. Like the part that always gets me is MC telling Annie "I've had a crush on you for the longest time" and then the next day he eats out Nancy, asks Dalia for a blowjob, and a week later is telling Luna's dad he wants to pursue her romantically. It can be disorienting especially when the MC is never written to ever think about other girls before deciding to do something naughty (though I fully understand why people wouldn't enjoy the game if this were the case). It truly comes off as dishonest, so I get what Dragon59 is saying. People say that you can play the game how you want and not pursue everyone, which is true, but the harem path is essentially the main path of the game, and Eternum is written with the harem ending in mind.
This is part of why branching sucks, and I wish the "OH NO MAH IMMERSIONS MAH CHOICES MUST MATTERS" crowd would stfu.

I mean, sure, it's fine with a professional JRPG built by a studio team, but for an indy developer that can only squeak out an hour or so of content in a calendar month (if we're lucky!) it's just insane. There is no way each route will be fully realized, so they're going to be just enabled/disabled by simple flags and you're going to get nonsense like what you described-- Our Hero talking about how the pussy in front of him is the One True Girl, when he got 2 BJs and a half&half on the way over and there's another girl waiting for him in the parking lot. If there is a single (harem) route the writing can be much more consistent, but an indy developer is generally not going to tweak every bit of narration for every possible combination of flags-- it is just too much work. (And 80% of these devs are basically artists that are begrudgingly writing dialogue, so they hate that part of the job anyway. Not to mention that being artists, they want to constantly add more side girls, which makes the branching even more complicated....)

I get why branching is a thing-- indy devs need money, and the self-insert crowd is a big one. But you have to accept that a small team's branching game harem game will always have writing inferior to a KN, just because it's so much harder.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes