Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
How did you write over a thousand comments on here while playing only 2 3d games, pretty impressive.
I can heavily recommend Out of Touch. It's more of an anime look, but if you don't mind that you'll find a very fun story filled with happy slice of life moments, deep character drama and even some cosmic horror. It also has a lot of content already and if you go through reading anything you'll have at least 30 hours to play.
If you are looking more for something that looks like eternum niichans games are pretty good (My bully is my lover and sicae). They are a lot more drama focused though.
If you want purely more fun slice of life hanging out with your happy harem, harem hotel does that very well.
Well, there are many 2D games in ths forum so It's not that weird. Also, thanks for your recommendations.

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
I remembered another few, Melody (Mr.Dot Games), Picture Perfect, Secret Summer (both by SuperWriter) Acting Lessons (I warn you about this one, game is real good, end is... controversial. If you are really emotional, SKIP it. I will mess you up),
My man even cared for my emotional status. Thank you, you're the real life GigaChad.

wrunc

Apr 24, 2023
My man even cared for my emotional status. Thank you, you're the real life GigaChad.
If you are looking for good games to play just sort games by weighted rating

https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=games/page=1/sort=rating

Can't go wrong with any of the games on the front page. Take eternum for example, it has a >4.9 rating with close to 650 reviews. Even if you dont like the game because it is different from your personal preferences a bad game is not going to get such a high score with so many reviews.

Many of the other top games are similar you might not like them but they are good games and the only way to find out if you like or dislike a game is to play it.

Reactions: Walter Victor

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
I'd rather not NTR, but I don't mind if it's not too hardcore. I like these 2 games, so harem and incest are perfectly fine. As for what games have I played, as I said before, the only 3D games I've played are Once in a lifetime and Eternum.
In my opinion there are five factors to a VN. There's story, render quality, presentation, animation quality, and audio quality.
Most decent VNs do at least one thing pretty well enough to have a following... but usually, they ignore animations or they lean into what works and critics call them stale over time.

Most good VNs are beautifully rendered but they're just missing a little polish... that little extra. Usually, I find the stories aren't as compelling as the very best. Many times, the facial expressions are a little too uncanny or interactions become overused.

The best ones show you, not tell you. They flesh out drama naturally based on the characters created rather than build a collection of disjointed fetishes by committee. Many of them are tAkInG tOo lOnG.

There are scores worth your attention, there are dozens worth a read, and there are tens worth a deep dive. Here is a selection of some of the best to hold you over while you wait for Eternum to update. Some finished, some on their way to be, all are equally as captivatingly thematic as they are beautifully rendered...

In no particular order:
  • A House in the Rift
    • A sandbox-style (time-or-day based quests) harem HoneySelect VN. One of the greatest representations of budding romance ever written is here in the MC's relationship with Rae. She is an absolute treasure. The world(s) unfold wonderfully in this one and the LIs unwrap equally as well.
  • Mythic Manor
    • Another sandbox harem HoneySelect VN. Like Harem Hotel but with more mysticism and less word salad. I prefer the LIs in this one compared to Harem Hotel (love me some Autumn tho), but not by much more. There's an insane amount of content to read. Not as much as My New Family, but it's for the best.
  • A Moment of Bliss (read A Petal Among Thorns first)
    • DAZ3D (I think) novel with few choices. One of the rare ones where the incestual tendencies are explained in an interesting way. The slide into debauchery that unfolds never feels rushed. It's easy to read and very titillating.
  • Being a DIK
    • Does everything really, really, really well. DAZ3D lovingly massaged (I hate Jill's raccoon mode tho). I actually wept a bit while watching the montage at the breakfast table. This one will make you feel all sorts of things. One of the few VNs that writes a polyamorous relationship believably amongst its many paths. I have 15 different path variations saved lol
  • Chasing Sunsets
    • DAZ3D where story is paramount. The only thing that matches the story is the nearly perfect use of facial expression. This novel is the best at describing a scene simply with a "look". Where some VNs knead the LIs faces into demonic expressions of surprise, lust, and kissy-face like they're using the Mario 64 start screen, Chasing Sunsets doesn't have this problem. Also, certain forms of autism are SMOKING HOT, apparently
  • FreshWomen
    • DAZ3D harem. The story is a bit lackluster in some ways in how it uses tropes, but the lightning scar the MC sports and how it's woven into his backstory is really neat. The LIs are drop dead gorgeous so that makes up for everything I could nitpick. The intrigue here should pay off over the coming year as more updates drop and the plot unfolds. "The adults are talking." (a story aspect where interactions involving parents, previous generation playing the pronoun game etc. is plot integral)
  • Hard to Love
    • DAZ3D harem. Absolutely gorgeous. The presentation is amazing. The renders are top-notch. This one is lovingly crafted and really puts you there. The story might be good, but we're still early enough along that the characters are still asserting their relationship with the MC. It's pretty juicy and the flashbacks have a nostalgia easy to step into.
  • My Bully Is My Lover
    • HoneySelect harem. Anime AS FUCK. Wonderfully written, rendered well, and a heartfelt read. I ignored it for a long time because I thought the title was ridiculous. Don't make that mistake. "The adults are talking," here too.
  • Pale Carnations
    • In my opinion, the best on this list. Heavily modded HoneySelect... and I WISH it was a harem soooo badly. The story is amazingly crafted. The MC's inner monologue is woven perfectly into the narration... you will step into Edwin's shoes effortlessly. If Digital Playground and A24 was given $40mil to make a XXX movie with Hollywood production quality, this would be the script, and I don't even care for BDSM. You could write another 1000 posts just about this VN. Your choices will haunt you in the same way they do in Being A DIK. This is art. Play. This. Art.
  • Projekt: Passion
    • DAZ3D harem. Everything here is very well done. There's even some voiced cutscenes. There are many understatedly comedic aspects to the story as well... a real sense of humor within the desperation of the MC and the longing of some of the LIs. The game over screens are well worth quicksaving to see in that regard. I really like where this one is going.
  • Ripples
    • A harem HoneySelect game. The presentation is fantastic and the LIs exhibit wonderful wrinkles within their tropes. The MC's best friend is one of the all-time great spunky sidekicks. There's real sex appeal here even though many turn their nose up at this render style. Unlike many other HS games, there are atypical animations that aren't in every other one here. It really does so much right.
  • Summer Scent
    • A very, very wide (slightly shorter because there are many, many paths to take with a small amount of LIs) DAZ3D mindfuck. It is also tAkInG tOo LoNg. It does a really good job of making the characters real. Conversations are organic and believable... and so are the consequences. Play without a guide. Follow your heart (or cock), and be prepared... like Pale Carnations, this one can be extremely, extremely dark. If you're the type to make the choices that lead to those results, then you won't need trigger warnings because you'd already be that asshole irl, but if you're a completionist, you're going to have to swallow hard to get through some of these paths. Another really good one.
  • Artemis
    • DAZ3D and one of the greats. The very best animations. 60 FPS, FAST, animalistic, real. The story is even better. It shows a beautiful representation of human frailty and then you find it over and over elsewhere where you'd never expect it. Every LI is an onion. And at first glance, you'd never guess it about nearly all of them. There are cliffhangers that rival Being A DIK. And it portrays that adult relationship aspect between like and love so well that none of us have truly mastered in our own lives. The sense of humor here is great. There are many laugh out loud moments that you'll treasure. I.. I think I have a thing for psychiatrists... between her and Amber from Summer's Gone.. we'll bang, okay?
Just because I didn't mention your VN doesn't mean I don't read it or I don't love you!

None of these except A Petal Among Thorns are finished yet but most have a tremendous amount of content. Veterans will note that I've left off many mainstays like Summer's Gone, City of Broken Dreamers, Leap of Faith, Defending Lydia Collier, and others... the reason is simply that I'm slowly reading them and haven't finished them. I just picked Summer's Gone back up after 4 months, for instance. I don't review and recommend games that I haven't finished. I know they are good... just not how good.

I'm getting there, lol

1682352806018.png

TL; DR: try these VNs that everyone says are good

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
In my opinion there are five factors to a VN. There's story, render quality, presentation, animation quality, and audio quality.
Most decent VNs do at least one thing pretty well enough to have a following... but usually, they ignore animations or they lean into what works and critics call them stale over time.

Most good VNs are beautifully rendered but they're just missing a little polish... that little extra. Usually, I find the stories aren't as compelling as the very best. Many times, the facial expressions are a little too uncanny or interactions become overused.

The best ones show you, not tell you. They flesh out drama naturally based on the characters created rather than build a collection of disjointed fetishes by committee. Many of them are tAkInG tOo lOnG.

There are scores worth your attention, there are dozens worth a read, and there are tens worth a deep dive. Here is a selection of some of the best to hold you over while you wait for Eternum to update. Some finished, some on their way to be, all are equally as captivatingly thematic as they are beautifully rendered...

In no particular order:
  • A House in the Rift
    • A sandbox-style (time-or-day based quests) harem HoneySelect VN. One of the greatest representations of budding romance ever written is here in the MC's relationship with Rae. She is an absolute treasure. The world(s) unfold wonderfully in this one and the LIs unwrap equally as well.
  • Mythic Manor
    • Another sandbox harem HoneySelect VN. Like Harem Hotel but with more mysticism and less word salad. I prefer the LIs in this one compared to Harem Hotel (love me some Autumn tho), but not by much more. There's an insane amount of content to read. Not as much as My New Family, but it's for the best.
  • A Moment of Bliss (read A Petal Among Thorns first)
    • DAZ3D (I think) novel with few choices. One of the rare ones where the incestual tendencies are explained in an interesting way. The slide into debauchery that unfolds never feels rushed. It's easy to read and very titillating.
  • Being a DIK
    • Does everything really, really, really well. DAZ3D lovingly massaged (I hate Jill's raccoon mode tho). I actually wept a bit while watching the montage at the breakfast table. This one will make you feel all sorts of things. One of the few VNs that writes a polyamorous relationship believably amongst its many paths. I have 15 different path variations saved lol
  • Chasing Sunsets
    • DAZ3D where story is paramount. The only thing that matches the story is the nearly perfect use of facial expression. This novel is the best at describing a scene simply with a "look". Where some VNs knead the LIs faces into demonic expressions of surprise, lust, and kissy-face like they're using the Mario 64 start screen, Chasing Sunsets doesn't have this problem. Also, certain forms of autism are SMOKING HOT, apparently
  • FreshWomen
    • DAZ3D harem. The story is a bit lackluster in some ways in how it uses tropes, but the lightning scar the MC sports and how it's woven into his backstory is really neat. The LIs are drop dead gorgeous so that makes up for everything I could nitpick. The intrigue here should pay off over the coming year as more updates drop and the plot unfolds. "The adults are talking." (a story aspect where interactions involving parents, previous generation playing the pronoun game etc. is plot integral)
  • Hard to Love
    • DAZ3D harem. Absolutely gorgeous. The presentation is amazing. The renders are top-notch. This one is lovingly crafted and really puts you there. The story might be good, but we're still early enough along that the characters are still asserting their relationship with the MC. It's pretty juicy and the flashbacks have a nostalgia easy to step into.
  • My Bully Is My Lover
    • HoneySelect harem. Anime AS FUCK. Wonderfully written, rendered well, and a heartfelt read. I ignored it for a long time because I thought the title was ridiculous. Don't make that mistake. "The adults are talking," here too.
  • Pale Carnations
    • In my opinion, the best on this list. Heavily modded HoneySelect... and I WISH it was a harem soooo badly. The story is amazingly crafted. The MC's inner monologue is woven perfectly into the narration... you will step into Edwin's shoes effortlessly. If Digital Playground and A24 was given $40mil to make a XXX movie with Hollywood production quality, this would be the script, and I don't even care for BDSM. You could write another 1000 posts just about this VN. Your choices will haunt you in the same way they do in Being A DIK. This is art. Play. This. Art.
  • Projekt: Passion
    • DAZ3D harem. Everything here is very well done. There's even some voiced cutscenes. There are many understatedly comedic aspects to the story as well... a real sense of humor within the desperation of the MC and the longing of some of the LIs. The game over screens are well worth quicksaving to see in that regard. I really like where this one is going.
  • Ripples
    • A harem HoneySelect game. The presentation is fantastic and the LIs exhibit wonderful wrinkles within their tropes. The MC's best friend is one of the all-time great spunky sidekicks. There's real sex appeal here even though many turn their nose up at this render style. Unlike many other HS games, there are atypical animations that aren't in every other one here. It really does so much right.
  • Summer Scent
    • A very, very wide (slightly shorter because there are many, many paths to take with a small amount of LIs) DAZ3D mindfuck. It is also tAkInG tOo LoNg. It does a really good job of making the characters real. Conversations are organic and believable... and so are the consequences. Play without a guide. Follow your heart (or cock), and be prepared... like Pale Carnations, this one can be extremely, extremely dark. If you're the type to make the choices that lead to those results, then you won't need trigger warnings because you'd already be that asshole irl, but if you're a completionist, you're going to have to swallow hard to get through some of these paths. Another really good one.
  • Artemis
    • DAZ3D and one of the greats. The very best animations. 60 FPS, FAST, animalistic, real. The story is even better. It shows a beautiful representation of human frailty and then you find it over and over elsewhere where you'd never expect it. Every LI is an onion. And at first glance, you'd never guess it about nearly all of them. There are cliffhangers that rival Being A DIK. And it portrays that adult relationship aspect between like and love so well that none of us have truly mastered in our own lives. The sense of humor here is great. There are many laugh out loud moments that you'll treasure. I.. I think I have a thing for psychiatrists... between her and Amber from Summer's Gone.. we'll bang, okay?
Just because I didn't mention your VN doesn't mean I don't read it or I don't love you!

None of these except A Petal Among Thorns are finished yet but most have a tremendous amount of content. Veterans will note that I've left off many mainstays like Summer's Gone, City of Broken Dreamers, Leap of Faith, Defending Lydia Collier, and others... the reason is simply that I'm slowly reading them and haven't finished them. I just picked Summer's Gone back up after 4 months, for instance. I don't review and recommend games that I haven't finished. I know they are good... just not how good.

I'm getting there, lol

View attachment 2570239

TL; DR: try these VNs that everyone says are good
Thx for your effort and include sandbox games. I don't play it, prefer AVN without sandbox or freeroam. But you didn't read his second post; only finished games...

Reactions: BrockLanders

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Oh, well that's easy then:

Acting Lessons
A Petal Among Thorns
Now & Then
Leap of Faith
Depraved Awakening

View attachment 2570467
Essential yes... I couldn't remember all, I added two times... I only cannot say anything about finished sandbox games because I don't play them. Feel free to add more if you remember any more. I guess AVN are covered by now. If we don't find another. But Lewyn Collins has another few months to play. With some luck, some running games can be finished then. :)

Reactions: BrockLanders

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I mean....the "everyone says are good (the VN's listed)" part is a bit of a stretch...
A lot of people straight out filter out VN's, and Being a Dik really disappointed me personally because of storytelling reasons I won't get into...which is quite usual from a VN from my perspective, unfortunately.
Decent game, still, but that statement is a stretch and a half, man

Reactions: rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I mean....the "everyone says are good (the VN's listed)" part is a bit of a stretch...
A lot of people straight out filter out VN's, and Being a Dik really disappointed me personally because of storytelling reasons I won't get into...which is quite usual from a VN from my perspective, unfortunately.
I'm not a biggest fan of Being a DIK either. Probably for different reasons. I don't like the freerom part. Without WT, you are screwed... It's a cheap way to prolong the game. You walk around in circles and have to solve it in a certain order. And the managment part isn't my favorite part. For me, those things doesn't have any place in a visual novel. It's borderline VN.
But it's still OK game. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but we speak already to much about other games and I'm way over in OT.
Eternum has those freerom parts too, but they don't feel forced like in other game. It's way more all-rounded.

Last edited:

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
Essential yes... I couldn't remember all, I added two times... I only cannot say anything about finished sandbox games because I don't play them. Feel free to add more if you remember any more. I guess AVN are covered by now. If we don't find another. But Lewyn Collins has another few months to play. With some luck, some running games can be finished then. :)
Yeah, cross our fingers, updates keep coming in bunches... some are bound to be finished this year... HELP

These are just the ones installed:
1682371864252.png

These are all that I'm seeding for the community:
1682371923018.png

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If you filter out VNs in this forum, what's left? Kinetic Novels? Perhaps RPGs?

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
If you filter out VNs in this forum, what's left? Kinetic Novels? Perhaps RPGs?
oh sweet summer child. the best stuff I've played are definitely the famous platformers (check my about if you want a list) and some certain 3D games which are very good looking.
VN's are better if you like a deep story but I want to jerk off not start crying because I'll never have a life anywhere similar to that of the MC..

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Forgot to say...

And of course, I didn't forget about sexy times, nobody panic!
You can expect plenty of moments of intimacy and bonding with your favorite girls. There will be 4 new sex scenes again, all of them fully animated as usual :p:sneaky:

...Man, at this rate I don't even care if there will be sex scenes or not.

Just...just give me plot, Caribdis.

It's only been a few months and I'm already having withdrawals.

I've played Artemis, got through the latest Ripples update, and have Pale in my backlog...

...but they're just not the same (no offense to digiB or Jestur btw, your works are awesome and I'm sure MnJ's Pale is gonna rock too but my brain craves the kind of theorycrafting shenanigans that stories like that of Eternum could only provide, the kind where my stock knowledge on mythology and mysticism gets to be put to good use).

Just...just give me plot. Lore. A sliver of what comes next in the story. Hell, release a preview of a portion of the script and lock it in some high tier or something and I'll try to scrape some cash for it just to get a morsel of the story.

Just give me plot please.

Just...just give...give...ploooot...

Ded.jpg

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Forgot to say...

...Man, at this rate I don't even care if there will be sex scenes or not.

Just...just give me plot, Caribdis.

It's only been a few months and I'm already having withdrawals.

I've played Artemis, got through the latest Ripples update, and have Pale in my backlog...

...but they're just not the same (no offense to digiB or Jestur btw, your works are awesome and I'm sure MnJ's Pale is gonna rock too but my brain craves the kind of theorycrafting shenanigans that stories like that of Eternum could only provide, the kind where my stock knowledge on mythology and mysticism gets to be put to good use).

Just...just give me plot. Lore. A sliver of what comes next in the story. Hell, release a preview of a portion of the script and lock it in some high tier or something and I'll try to scrape some cash for it just to get a morsel of the story.

Just give me plot please.

Just...just give...give...ploooot...

View attachment 2573107
so-it-begins-lord-of-the-rings.gif
The dreaded Eternum withdrawal. Such a horrible thing to feel.

4.80 star(s) 910 Votes