jocoyo

May 9, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I said this before in this thread, but I'm positive that there will be a choice involving how you treat Axel that will end up having a massive impact on the outcome of Alex's path. My theory is that Axel will rebel against his dad and risk his life helping Alex in some way, and he'll only do this depending on one of your actions.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I said this before in this thread, but I'm positive that there will be a choice involving how you treat Axel that will end up having a massive impact on the outcome of Alex's path. My theory is that Axel will rebel against his dad and risk his life helping Alex in some way, and he'll only do this depending on one of your actions.
Nah... Dudes too much of a kiss ass to his dad and is weak as hell. Push comes to shove he will only care about himself.

Good thing he will become an uncle sooner rather than later though ;)

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
I don't normally share patron-exclusive content myself, but I'm going to make an exception here since I like it so much and just want to share it with the world... I hope Caribdis has no hard feelings.

Yesterday's monthly wallpaper for the Master tier:

I'm still keeping my guard up around her but damn, now I actually kinda hope that my suspicions about her (namely that's she's going to go rogue at some point) prove wrong. Probably my favourite wallpaper so far.

Original format was PNG but it was too large to attach so I changed it to jpg.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
Nah... Dudes too much of a kiss ass to his dad and is weak as hell. Push comes to shove he will only care about himself.

He's a kiss ass and is weak as hell, but he clearly care about at least two persons other than himself :
I mean would that be enough for him to have a redemption arc where he helps Orion and his haremettes ? I don't know, but that would be a possible angle to work with.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It would need serious explanation if the eternum servers are in fact real worlds. Or just the good ol' "it's magic" :4Head:

Jan 21, 2023

It did not feel that way to me when he was trying to talk to William about Benjamin. I personally dont care if there is a redemption arc for Axel or not but I dont agree with your assessment of him. I do agree that he is a bit of a joke.

If there was a redemption arc, I see him joining the syndicate or something. They seem like they are fighting against Ulysses and I think Axel going missing in the latest update is about him investigating Benjamin's death independently. And if there is a redemption arc, I dont see him being as prominent as Tom (I think that was his name) was in once in a lifetime. I just see him getting some minor screen time, helping in a small way and then disappearing for good.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
It would need serious explanation if the eternum servers are in fact real worlds. Or just the good ol' "it's magic" :4Head:
Different realms have different laws. Magic is posible in the realms were reality accept the concept of magic, that's why in some servers you can and in others can't do magic, even if its a pasive effect. Right now we only knew 1 exception to this rule, Calypso, creating portals without limitations. That's why she is a weapon, because she changes the rules of reality. And probably Orion is just like her.
I have the theory that Eternum is not the only way to travel between realms, is the way to travel without connecting our reality to the others, protecting not only the lives of the "players" but also protecting our realm. From what? Maybe Idriel, maybe the gems of doom, maybe something worse.

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
While most people saying Eternum are similar with RPO which i didnt watched, personally i think Eternum are similar with S.A.O ( Sword Art Online ) not just because SAO was release long before RPO but the concept of Eternum looks similar with SAO Alicization arc.

Jan 21, 2023
Different realms have different laws. Magic is posible in the realms were reality accept the concept of magic, that's why in some servers you can and in others can't do magic, even if its a pasive effect. Right now we only knew 1 exception to this rule, Calypso, creating portals without limitations. That's why she is a weapon, because she changes the rules of reality. And probably Orion is just like her.
I have the theory that Eternum is not the only way to travel between realms, is the way to travel without connecting our reality to the others, protecting not only the lives of the "players" but also protecting our realm. From what? Maybe Idriel, maybe the gems of doom, maybe something worse.
My theory is a bit different. I think Eternum servers are connected to the afterlife and they are based on what dead people imagined heaven or hell to be like before they died and that somehow manifested into reality.

Last edited:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
That's what he is currently. We're not even halfway done with the game, character development exists.
I'm not expecting some full blown "redemption arc." I do think Axel will change in some way though.
I don't. He's an asshole who cowtows to his daddy and likely won't have the nerve to stand up to him. I don't expect any favors from him. WHAT I DO EXPECT is us fucking his sister in front of him while she calling us daddy, posing.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
well I like to see an asshole become a best bud trope for a change, in this type of games it's always asshole got his ass kick and got revenge paid back, it's become too much of a common trope. :cautious:
Caribdis already pulled that trope back in his last game (Once in a Lifetime), where thanks to some random shenanigans one of the bullies antagonizing the MC became friendly with him. So I don't think dev is planning for a full repeat of that with Axel (I mean, he could get some sort of redemption arc, but I stand by what I said that if that were to happen it could end tragically for him).

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
I just wanna bang his sister in front of him while he is tied up while she calls us daddy so...
No you will not!! A REAL man would NEVER use his wife as a means to affect her brother, especially by defiling what is sacred.

You will learn to respect Axel! And he will learn humility and honor which have never been afforded to him.

That's what he is currently. We're not even halfway done with the game, character development exists.
I'm not expecting some full blown "redemption arc." I do think Axel will change in some way though.
He already has started to, really. Might be hard to remember this is an extremely traumatic time for him, possibly the most he's experienced in his life. He just lost his best friend, NO ONE in his extremely powerful and well-connected network seems to care or give him any answers, his dad completely shuts it out, his friend group is falling apart, everyone hates him (even if it's his own fault), and his dad continues being abusive. And even if he doesn't get along with his sister, he also is losing her too. She at least is the one person who could possibly relate with him in understanding the pain their parents inflict upon them. She's finding a new life and new friends, he's not.

We don't even need what happened in Once in a Lifetime to turn the tables. The die has already been cast, and Axel's going to have some opportunity to choose who he really wants to be. I don't see him and Orion ever becoming buds, but it seems pretty clear Axel will be important.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 913 Votes