Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
(Out of context theory)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Counterpoint: Just because she can't use an exit portal doesn't mean she can't enter the real. It could be that the exit portals only work for players since its primary function is supposedly to bring a player back to their body in the real (the gas station exit portal is likely an exception...though I chalk it as the bleeding effect at work and that it's both a figment of Orion's imagination and a meta way for Cari to tell the reader to "brace yourself. out-of-body travel to Eternum imminent"). And if the "neural implants are actually a magitech/magical/advanced tech means of performing astral projection with 100 percent success rate" theory holds, then that itself is a plausible explanation why Calypso (or any other native of Eternum for that matter) couldn't utilize the exit portals.

This is an absolutely bad idea on Cari's part if this is the case because it absolutely invalidates the player's choice during that segment. Also walkthrough makes it clear that taking the amulet has consequences in the future so the impact of that is diminished if it's revealed that the choice was pointless: you ARE going to get the amulet whether you like it or not.

As for the second point, Warthogs summoning trial has already hinted that there could be a possible connection between Orion and Calypso (with Orion "mistakenly" summoning Calypso during his turn in said trial). What that connection is could likely be revealed in the future (mayhaps it has something to do with Orion opting to open the box back in Ogygia and said box registering Calypso to him, even though Orion never touched the box but stated his intent that he was going to open it. Or, it could be something related to Orion's past which he couldn't remember. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Orion had somehow met Calypso in his dreams prior to her capture and that during this time they make some sort of connection, and both of them couldn't remember the incident because for Calypso Orion would still be a kid by then and for Orion it was a dream that he likely doesn't remember anymore).

Re: The Immortals: Likely the Founder, Idriel, and the Praetorians. It's plausible that she's referring to the latter two only though if the Founder really doesn't have anything to do with the creation of the Weapons of Atlas and that Idriel and her own group of Praetorians are the only ones responsible for capturing Caly (but that doesn't mean that the Founder isn't an Immortal himself).

Also, it's absolutely unlikely that William and the Board are part of this (they're likely kept in the dark as to what's really going on behind the scenes and just busy themselves with making Eternum popular, getting new players, earning that sweet sweet profit, and silencing or paying anyone who might upset the profit gravy train), and that we'll likely find that out when we get to a point in the story where the gang (and yes, this could possibly include Chang, Mikaela, Raul, and Noah...with Axel going in on his own) confronts them in their headquarters in the real world*.

*I have a strong suspicion that this is bound to happen (I feel like the Heist and Nancy's office infiltration event are just a prelude/warm-up to this one), especially since I'm guessing that a confrontation between William and Orion is likelier to happen in the real rather than inside the game. Raises the stakes quite a bit since most of the gang can't use their magic skills and if you die here it's all over. Plus it gives Chang the maestro a chance to showcase his l33t planning skills once again.

Course there's a chance I could be wrong with this prediction, but eh.

Last edited:

An known

Sep 16, 2021
Just because she can't use an exit portal doesn't mean she can't enter the real. It could be that the exit portals only work for players since its primary function is supposedly to bring a player back to their body in the real
This is an absolutely bad idea on Cari's part if this is the case because it absolutely invalidates the player's choice during that segment. Also walkthrough makes it clear that taking the amulet has consequences in the future so the impact of that is diminished if it's revealed that the choice was pointless: you ARE going to get the amulet whether you like it or not.
I don't think it would be bad idea if it will make the story better.

We know that Idriel and the Syndicate says some cryptic phrases: "like we already see it, we already tried" and something like "if the coin lands in heads 99 times will you bet for tails" we know this could mean that they were stuck on a loop or things seems to happened again and again.
And also remember one of the things Founder said about the Amulet:
EVERYONE rejected the Amulet (but this could be a lie as the voices said that he could be lying) so if the fate says that everyone will have the Amulet (knowing that Thanatos could have it) the possibility of not taking it will still result to having it because that what the fate tells to do, so it will make sense.

We know that in OiaL that in the book option, if taking it or not still have a different effects for the story.

For choosing the option to take it will make the Priest say: "that you have embodied by an evil and you accepted it" and will lead to not seeing the Rebecca scene.

For choosing the option not to take will make the Priest say: "that you have embodied by an evil but your trying to resist it" and will lead you to the Rebecca's scene.

(If you're wondering the Priest will help you buy sometime to talk to Rebecca and choosing the take the book option will make the Priest deny your request)

What this mean is having the Amulet won't be a bad thing and the consequences will apply only if you chose to accept it. So this won't invalidate the players choice, choosing the wrong option will still gave you consequences.

Edit: mistake between Rejected and Accepted.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
And also remember one of the things Founder said about the Amulet:
EVERYONE accepted the Amulet (but this could be a lie as the voices said that he could be lying) so if the fate says that everyone will have the Amulet the possibility of not taking it will still result to having it because that what the fate tells to do, so it will make sense.

We know that in OiaL that in the book option, if taking it or not still have a different effects for the story.
What this mean is having the Amulet won't be a bad thing and the consequences will apply only if you chose to accept it. So this won't invalidate the players choice, choosing the wrong option will still gave you consequences.
The Grimoire of Magnus is a Mcguffin that is absolutely required to move the plot forward due to its major connection with Astaroth and - given his true heritage - the OIAL MC. There is no indication in the story that that's the case with the amulet so I don't see the idea of it being mandatory regardless if you chose to take it or not. If anything it potentially sets up a bad ending where Orion either become a lackey to the Founder or become Thanatos 2.0. So yes, having it in one's inventory regardless if player chooses to take it or not is an awful idea and would only be alleviated if Orion chooses to discard it should the player have chosen to refuse the Founder's offer.

Also, I don't like the idea that just because a story beat happened in OIAL it should happen in the next VN. Small callbacks and nods to the lore to maintain a sense that it's a shared universe/same continuity, sure (i.e. "Ember's Moan" resurfacing at the Costume Party, Nancy sneaking in on Orion's room to have a look at his dick mirroring Lauren sneaking in on the OIAL MC event, Orion's first experience of the bleeding effect being eerily similar to OIAL MC's dream event at the end of OIAL 0.2 (but not playing out beat-by-beat)). Beat-by-beat recycling of major plot events without some sort of variation? Please no.

Reactions: An known

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
For some reason I still think the MC might be somewhat related to Calypso's world... I still wonder why the MC has 100% compability with Eternum... I can't stop wondering if the events that imprisioned Calypso were the same that maybe expelled the MC from Eternum's World and put him to "our reality" world...

People keep thinking his parents are from "this side", but I keep believing the MC belonged to Eternum since begining... only was "kidnaped" out of Eternum's world as a kid...

If I'm wrong I can see Caribdis "ah you poor soul, such dumb theory you pleb". If I'm right he's probably "hey you! just shut up you bastard! Stahp or you won't get more sexy scenes!"

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021

The Grimoire of Magnus is a Mcguffin that is absolutely required to move the plot forward due to its major connection with Astaroth and - given his true heritage - the OIAL MC. There is no indication in the story that that's the case with the amulet so I don't see the idea of it being mandatory regardless if you chose to take it or not. If anything it potentially sets up a bad ending where Orion either become a lackey to the Founder or become Thanatos 2.0. So yes, having it in one's inventory regardless if player chooses to take it or not is an awful idea and would only be alleviated if Orion chooses to discard it should the player have chosen to refuse the Founder's offer.

Also, I don't like the idea that just because a story beat happened in OIAL it should happen in the next VN. Small callbacks and nods to the lore to maintain a sense that it's a shared universe/same continuity, sure (i.e. "Ember's Moan" resurfacing at the Costume Party, Nancy sneaking in on Orion's room to have a look at his dick mirroring Lauren sneaking in on the OIAL MC event, Orion's first experience of the bleeding effect being eerily similar to OIAL MC's dream event at the end of OIAL 0.2 (but not playing out beat-by-beat)). Beat-by-beat recycling of major plot events without some sort of variation? Please no.
what was Ember's Moan if I may ask? I don't remember it in OIAL and Eternum, been a while.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Man, this game is really the best game I've ever played. The story and animation sometimes feel like I'm playing a PlayStation game or something, and I love how each girl has her own unique personality. I really liked this game and the game before it.​

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Man, this game is really the best game I've ever played. The story and animation sometimes feel like I'm playing a PlayStation game or something, and I love how each girl has her own unique personality. I really liked this game and the game before it.​
Welcome to the community then mate. And around late June or early July v0.6 should be released so you'll enjoy that one too.

Edit: I stand corrected. Between early to mid July seems to be a more certain release time for v0.6. When that happens, everyone's going to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Welcome to the community then mate. And around late June or early July v0.6 should be released so you'll enjoy that one too.
Based on the latest dev prog? Ain't no way this is going to release in late June unless Cari goes back to crunching like an overworked and underpaid AAA game dev next month. Early to mid July release is still the best bet atm for 0.6.

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
Based on the latest dev prog? Ain't no way this is going to release in late June unless Cari goes back to crunching like an overworked and underpaid AAA game dev next month. Early to mid July release is still the best bet atm for 0.6.
I said mid July for Patreons and Early to Mid Aug for Public

4.80 star(s) 932 Votes