MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Difference between the two is Thanatos is active in game . Although, wasn't there a theory around here stating that Benjamin was a butler in the dinner party for the gem holders ? Like he was serving hors d'oeuvres or some shit?
He was. I mean how likely is it that an NPC will show up that looks 1:1 like someone who recently died?

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Is it really confirmed that the people who die in game also die in real life?
Well, no. People die in Eternum all the time, like Dalila's friend in the first release, and they only lose level and equip, as advertised. The black bully still in the first episode dies outside of Eternum having been excommunicated and killed by a pretorian, while Thanatos did quite the opposite. He more likely 'transfered his conscience into Eternum' then he died IRL. Also there are the 'ghosts' that Orion sees who seem to be minds trapped inside the system.
I guess we still have a lot of pieces of the puzzle missing.
Let's also remember that we kinda not know who build the servers enviroments and how and part of them seem to be unexplored and unknown.
And who are the actual AIs like Idriel and Calypso?
Much to figure yet.

Reactions: Elhemeer

wrunc

Apr 24, 2023
Difference between the two is Thanatos is active in game . Although, wasn't there a theory around here stating that Benjamin was a butler in the dinner party for the gem holders ? Like he was serving hors d'oeuvres or some shit?
Yes and I subscribe to that theory.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That and all the NPCs asking the MC for help makes me think NPCs are all dead people controlled by Ulysses. Thanatos is different in that he seems to have somehow regained free will. Of course all of this is just speculation at this point.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Is it really confirmed that the people who die in game also die in real life? The only thing we have going is speculation regarding Benjamin's death although I think it's pretty much true at this point . Everything that the cast has been doing up to this point is playing and coincidentally uncovering the secrets of Eternum while still being in the mentality of "it's still just a game". The argument regarding whether taking the amulet is a good or bad choice is pointless IMO since it currently doesn't even affect the story as it is now. The thoughts WE as players of this game and the choices given to us by the developer are two separate things so aligning ones own thinking won't change the outcome. As far as I remember as well, not everyone in the cast knows what us as the players know with regards to the secrets in Eternum so them being 'silly' really doesn't matter much does it?
We don't have enough information about deaths real life/game but Benjamin's death. But we see that's something very fishy going on there. How big is it and how deep it is, tough to say now. We cannot even say what's going on and who's involved.

T1NKYW1NKY

Nov 25, 2020
Well, no. People die in Eternum all the time, like Dalila's friend in the first release, and they only lose level and equip, as advertised. The black bully still in the first episode dies outside of Eternum having been excommunicated and killed by a pretorian, while Thanatos did quite the opposite. He more likely 'transfered his conscience into Eternum' then he died IRL. Also there are the 'ghosts' that Orion sees who seem to be minds trapped inside the system.
Let's also remember that we kinda not know who build the servers enviroments and how and part of them seem to be unexplored and unknown.
Much to figure yet.
Well yeah I understand the consequences for dying in Eternum to be a full reset in terms of belongings and levels unless you give your shit to someone else like how Dalia wanted Orion to take her shit in Ekabar.

Reactions: rudy007
Jan 21, 2023
Much to figure yet.
At this point I doubt if Idriel and Calypso are actually AIs. The way the story is progressing right now I would not be surprised if it turned out to be a fantasy story rather than a sci-fi one.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Well yeah I understand the consequences for dying in Eternum to be a full reset in terms of belongings and levels unless you give your shit to someone else like how Dalia wanted Orion to take her shit in Ekabar.
Yep. But what i mean is that like 99,9% of the deaths in Eternum are the trivial MMO deaths where you just respawn somewhere else with no conseguence IRL. Then we have the 'special, fishy' deaths like Benjamin and Thanatos where something else seems to have happened.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
At this point I doubt if Idriel and Calypso are actually AIs. The way the story is progressing right now I would not be surprised if it turned out to be a fantasy story rather than a sci-fi one.
Even if they are AI, they must be somehow "special", not sure how. yet.

T1NKYW1NKY

Nov 25, 2020
Yep. But what i mean is that like 99,9% of the deaths in Eternum are the trivial MMO deaths where you just respawn somewhere else with no conseguence IRL. Then we have the 'special, fishy' deaths like Benjamin and Thanatos where something else seems to have happened.
Oh I get that those 2 are special cases. The more I read the thread, the more I think that those 'ghost dreams' might have been other people that have died and are being used by Ulysses

Reactions: Machete

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Someone or something wanted them dead. Or something else is going on. I wanted to say they are game's AI transfered in living human somehow. But nothing come to mind after... Benji as waiter is Caribdis "recycled" a character and hoped we don't see it or something is really very wrong.

Jan 21, 2023
Well according to the Founder, "you somehow managed to access a restricted server and steal one of Idriel's creations... Calypso."
I have my doubts if Calypso/Idriel are AIs because if dead people can be sent to Eternum, Calypso might be one of them. She might be Idriel's creation because Idriel did that to her as opposed to the Founder or Ulysses.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
F95 really needs to hide replies to people whose comments you have ignored.

Even after blocking that troll I still see a "You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content" message from everyone else who replies to him and it is getting a bit annoying.

I thought he would have learnt his lesson after the mods deleted his posts. Apparently that has not happened.
Eh, I think that would be a difficult thing to learn for someone who thinks is always right regardless of others opinion, sadly...:(

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Oh I get that those 2 are special cases. The more I read the thread, the more I think that those 'ghost dreams' might have been other people that have died and are being used by Ulysses
They might, indeed. Yet i kinda think they are some kind of different beings.

First of all, we must not forget that Eternum shares the universe with OIaLT, so supernatural phenomenons and creatures do exist.
Therefore we can't assume that everything conscient we see is or has been human at some point. There might be something like demons, or spirits, or otherwordly entities that leaked into Eternum somehow.

Calypso is convinced she is a person that existed long before Eternum was around (a bunch of years, sure not decades). It can be fake memories installed with her background, kinda Ridley Scott's replicant in Blade Runner (who were rather different from the counterparts in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeps), or she can indeed be a person from another world captured in Eternum.

Idriel can't be just a person. She interacts with thousands if not hundred of thousants or even millions of people at the same time, in the login procedure and she also proved she can materialize multiple instances of her in the same place (see the first time Orion logs in). If there actually is an AI it's her.

On the side, a theory of mine. Calypso is supposed to be one of the three Artefacts/Weapons, which are a melee weapon, a range weapon and... a person/NPC? It doesn't make much sense. We know that Calypso was not 'ready' yet to be found. Now, my idea is that the third weapon was supposed to be a spell enhancer, like a wizard's staff. And Calypso was supposed to be turned, somehow, in this item. And so, also, the other 2 weapons were in origine people/NPCs. Maybe the meele weapon was a strong fighter, while the range weapon was some kind of ranger/sharpshooter. And Calypso is a caster, and so she was material to be turned into a magic user's weapon of choice.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
They might, indeed. Yet i kinda think they are some kind of different beings.

First of all, we must not forget that Eternum shares the universe with OIaLT, so supernatural phenomenons and creatures do exist.
Therefore we can't assume that everything conscient we see is or has been human at some point. There might be something like demons, or spirits, or otherwordly entities that leaked into Eternum somehow.

Calypso is convinced she is a person that existed long before Eternum was around (a bunch of years, sure not decades). It can be fake memories installed with her background, kinda Ridley Scott's replicant in Blade Runner (who were rather different from the counterparts in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheeps), or she can indeed be a person from another world captured in Eternum.

Idriel can't be just a person. She interacts with thousands if not hundred of thousants or even millions of people at the same time, in the login procedure and she also proved she can materialize multiple instances of her in the same place (see the first time Orion logs in). If there actually is an AI it's her.

On the side, a theory of mine. Calypso is supposed to be one of the three Artefacts/Weapons, which are a melee weapon, a range weapon and... a person/NPC? It doesn't make much sense. We know that Calypso was not 'ready' yet to be found. Now, my idea is that the third weapon was supposed to be a spell enhancer, like a wizard's staff. And Calypso was supposed to be turned, somehow, in this item. And so, also, the other 2 weapons were in origine people/NPCs. Maybe the meele weapon was a strong fighter, while the range weapon was some kind of ranger/sharpshooter. And Calypso is a caster, and so she was material to be turned into a magic user's weapon of choice.
I wonder whoever took the sword Hyas from Asmerilth (the previous owner before its demise) will make an appearance in future versions. And what exact role he/she might play in future events around the protagonist and his haremettes (ally, enemy and so on). Would be interesting to see.

Jan 21, 2023
If Idriel is not really an AI and this game is fantasy not sci-fi, I think she might be a goddess. The man at the party spoke about Psyche. If he is not full of crap and goddesses exist it is not a stretch to think Idriel is a goddess as well. I just googled up Atlas and I found this is his wife:

And wikipedia says this about her:

> Pleione presided over the multiplication of the flocks, fitting, since the meaning of her name is: "to increase in number"
> ...
> She is often said to be the mother of Calypso with Atlas as well

If Idriel really is a goddess and her powers are multiplying herself, it can explain how she can interact with millions of players. In the opening scene with the MC, she had again multiplied herself into 3 copies.

Your theory about Calypso is interesting. Maybe that is why the praetorians were guarding her? But on the other hand the praetorians were guarding Dione as well according to Nova and we know at that point Dione was a gun.

Last edited:

Humphrey Wolfe

Sep 26, 2020
I haven't been invested in a visual novel's story, let alone an ADULT visual novel, this hard ngl. Granted I finished the content in about 3 days, the characters feel very fleshed out, with everyone has their own personality and/or internal struggles that are believable. Thus, making me more invested in each and everyone of the characters, this game managed to lure me into caring for them, and not just see them as "haha, hot girl go brrr" (in which they are ofc, but that's not the point lmao). Plus, there are moments when I'm all "Awww", especially when Alex hugged the MC when he stood up to the father. Bonus point, the expressions are all on point too, so that's impressive as I'd imagine how much work that wouldve took.

The pacing of the overall game is decent tbf, it doesn't feel rushed and it progresses naturally as we go on, and although I prefer a more sandbox type VN rather than a linear one, but damn, this game is absolutely well-made that I don't mind that at all. There are moments when I genuinely feel that there are stakes on the line (although, who am I kidding, I rollback whenever I can if things went awry). The storytelling, too, although I have to admit there are times where I feel the dialogue is a bit too long of an attention span for my pea-brain to handle but, it's a me problem. It does a great job introducing us to the world and what's within.

The world-building, I have to say, is fairly well done, although I prefer my steak to be medium rare (plz laugh). I can't help to think that this whole idea and premise of the game was inspired by Ready Player One, although I don't see that as a bad thing. There are many differences, some are obvious, some are subtle, which doesn't necessarily makes the whole thing just a simple "copy and paste" at first glance, it feels like a homage to the novel/movie (I don't hate the movie but, yeah I know the book is wayyy better) while also being its own thing. With how vast the game made me feel, the whole scope of how and what Eternum is, and what it's capable of which even us as the MC, still have no idea what is the limit.

Finally, the writing. It's kinda my pet peeve whenever I play a visual novel - whether NSFW or not - that the writing and dialogue needs to be somewhat realistic at least. Like how an actual person would react to things. Aside from being realistic, having good grammar and punctuation also adds to the ease of reading. I know, I know, "Oh no, here comes the grammar N*zi :geek:" but... it's literally in the name? Visual Novel??? Novel????? Anyways, yeah, with how much dialogue and writing and words this game has, the whole shebang, this probably has one of the best attention to detail when it comes to writing, and even if there WAS a mistake/error, I didn't even realize with how good the overall quality already is. Well done with that, it's not an easy task by any means. The comedy, too, most if not all were great for my broken sense of humour. Great comedic timing and for some reason, this turned out to have some horror elements where I'm like, HELLO, I WANNA HAVE A BONER NOT HAVE ANXIETY??? Lmfao. Good shit tho.

Still, certainly a 10/10 game for me so far, haven't seen this much quality in a while, or maybe because I haven't played a lot of these types of games, but I digress. This is probably the longest review I've ever gave on an adult VN, aside from the other few VNs which are also amazing. Keep up the amazing work, I'm looking forward for more content and how this all unfolds, as do a lot of people. May this evolve into something better than what it already is.

P.s. oh yeah I forgor, the "saucy" parts of the game. No shit Sherlock it's an adult VN, ffs. So to summarize it in 4 simple words=

I CAME A LOT :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes