ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
"Steal?" That's such a harsh and inadequate word. I may have stolen the gem, but I liberated Calypso.
It's like Nova said: "In Eternum, things don't get stolen. They just happen to move around". Poor Calypso really needed to move her legs after being locked away for so long. She may have overreacted a tiny bit with the protagonist, Alex and Nova before she came to her senses.

Reactions: Dragon59

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
Speaking of the Amulet of Blair...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wonder if she's referring to Idriel / the Founder, or a different set of Immortals... Because as we know, nobody else is immortal. Except maybe Thanatos, but Calypso seemed to have no idea who he is/was, so it's unlikely that Thanatos is an Immortal (with a capital I), and maybe just "really hard to kill." But I guess we'll probably find out more of his story in Chapter 6.

jimmy198585

Jan 13, 2019
Eternum [v0.5] [Caribdis] Compressed

PC/MAC (4,32GB/1,35GB)
Pixeldrain Workupload

PC/MAC Public Build (4,54GB/1,35GB) Pixeldrain

Recommended repack if you Like Fap369zone work (save 300mb more) : MinQ Repack

public build v0-5 and v0.5 . which one i download. which one is full game,pls explain

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
M

Maybe copyright issues
I mean he was able to pull off the jinx cosplay without any problems is great on it's own
In a VN where the Sunshot from Destiny 2, the floating swords from Nier: Automata, the Xenomorphs from Alien, Pyramid Head from Silent Hill, and Nia's Chakrams from Xenoblade 2* exist in the same MMO? It's more likely that Cari opted not to because it would be even more wasted opportunity to have Nova use it without her Jinx outfit on.

AmaroPargo

Apr 14, 2020
You must be new to Honey Select games.
There are 3 major character creator softwares:
Daz3D (the realistic humans one)
Honey Select (the stylized asian/semi realism one)
and Koikatsu (anime)

You will find a lot of either amazing or subpar games that use each of these programs.
Hey! I'm pretty new to all these games and I'm not an expert on the softwares used...

I understand that Ren'py is used to "create" the game itself, but the renders... are they all done in one of those 3 you said or do the developers use a combination of different ones? And the settings, decorations, clothes, weapons and all that, are they made in the same software or are there others more focused on the creation of objects and scenes?

I wish to learn about it coz I've been writting this story for quite a long time and I dream of some day being able to create a game with it!!

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
Hey! I'm pretty new to all these games and I'm not an expert on the softwares used...

I understand that Ren'py is used to "create" the game itself, but the renders... are they all done in one of those 3 you said or do the developers use a combination of different ones? And the settings, decorations, clothes, weapons and all that, are they made in the same software or are there others more focused on the creation of objects and scenes?

I wish to learn about it coz I've been writting this story for quite a long time and I dream of some day being able to create a game with it!!
Most devs/creators pick just one of these, I've never seen a game using multiple at a time. They all look very different, so you should have a look at their websites or across this site's top games for good examples of each one.

Picking one is apparently a bit more than personal preference though, apparently Daz3D allows for more creativity and depth as well as importing assets from other 3D creator tools. Most artists I've seen on this site and a few I've spoken to personally say that Honey Select is far more limiting than Daz, but I personally prefer how Honey Select models look myself (most Daz3D models give me this uncanny valley vibe) though a few of my favourite games were made with Daz3D.

It's also worth noting that some limitations of each software can be circumvented with mods. As I understand it, the top game on this site, Pale Carnations, uses a heavily modded version of Honey Select 1 (Eternum uses Honey Select 2) and it looks just as good for its style.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
You basically use these programs to set up multiple 3D scenes and then generate a bunch of static renders or animations, so the only thing that is included in your Ren'Py game is loads and loads of JPG/PNG/WebM files that Ren'Py cycles through like Bob Dylan in Subterranean Lovesick Blues.

As for the assets, most assets are designed for a specific rendering program. Theoretically, you could take something rigid, like a sword, and convert the model from one format to another, but then you would still need to redo stuff like "this is the handle, and the character's hand curls around it like this, and it has to move with the hand like this", and this is a lot of work. Doing this to flexible assets is practically impossible.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Renders are almost 100% done in one of these games. Realisticaly they're just screenshots, really...there are plugins which can take rendered screenshots with ridiculous resolutions and other mods / plugins that improve the detail (nr of polygons, shades, shadow maps, bump maps etc) of characters as well.

Extra "settings" / behavior can be implemented into HS2 via plugins (a collection of scripts that improve / add to the game).

Decorations can be created in external software (blender, I guess?) then turned into zipmods which are basicaly asset packs for HS2. Same goes for sounds, maps, effects (rain, fog, sparkly-darlies, etc), clothing, etc.

If you want to make a simple VN, here are some things you can google to get you started:
Sideloader modpack this is a collection of optional mods. Some of them are SUPER nice.
Local axis plugin (no idea wtf it's called)
Visual Novel Game Engine (VNGE)
Screen Save State (SSS)
Graphics Mod
DHH (no idea what the letters mean)
Ministates
BetterPenetration
Colliders
Node Constraints
Clip Manager (I recommend this over Timeline but Timeline is simpler, but not worth the simplicity imo [Node Constraints + Gimmicks are even simpler and offer even less])
VNSound
VNText
All of them in combination with Studio Neo v2 or Honey Select 2 in the search bar, obviously. I recommend looking for patreon or mega links as they are usually the ones to contain documentation. The HS2 discord is also a great place to learn and get help.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes