ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
ok so this seem to be one of the best ranked games in here, can anyone tell me, why? right now it doesnt look like its for me so i want to hear from the fans
The plot, humor, characters' personalities, music, cinematics are a few things that got hooked people into this VN (also the jump scare moments if you're into them, and of course the steamy moments which will continue to increase in future updates). You can also try the developer's previous project Once in a Lifetime if you wish to familiarize yourself better with his style (I say imo that's a must). At least, those are a few highlights from my part and perhaps others might add some things I've missed in my post. But overall give it a try if you're convinced enough later on.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
ok so this seem to be one of the best ranked games in here, can anyone tell me, why? right now it doesnt look like its for me so i want to hear from the fans
The story is interesting, the mysteries are intriguing, the characters are lovely, the MC is a horndog but a charismatic one and when we talk about the creative process (backgrounds, animations, storytelling, transitions, etc.) the game is probably one of the best.
I usually skip honey select games for a more realistic ones, but this game just make me love every second I played, every girl I met and every update just make me love more and more the characters and the story.

Just play a little, if you get until they find Calypso (The third weapon of Atlas) and you are not in love of the game just skip it and play another one, but I'm pretty sure that won't be the case.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2023
You can get people's opinions in the reviews section including the opinions of the few people who did not like the game as much.

If its not for you then that's fine. I like it because it has a lighthearted tone, an interesting plot and very likable characters. You will like this if you want a fun lighthearted harem game. If you are not a fan of harem games and dislike the tropes that come with it or if you want something with very deep choices/pathing, you might not enjoy this.

Give it a try if you have time. It has >660 reviews with a >4.9 avg rating out of 5 so it is clearly doing something right. If you dont like it then that's fine you can always move on to something else.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
Man. You guys werent kidding about the story and characters being amazing! Definitely trying Once in a Lifetime next.
Any other games with this much quality?
id say Desert Stalker and The City Of Broken Dreamers to name a couple oh and Hillside is pretty good too

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You have received quite a few responses. They all give good reasons for playing this game. What I'm wondering, and what would help posters here to better target their responses, is WHY Eternum doesn't look like it's for you.

Not looking to bash or criticize whatever you respond. It just would help us understand your mindset towards this game.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
That's a tough answer. What is your critic; game, characters, plot or renders? Did you play it yourself? And I mean play, not first 20 minutes... When a game has after 663 votes a review score of 4.9/5 it must be good. You have to know that here come all kinds of people without any filters, some like it, some not, but after all that game has highest score. It's tough to say something more without spoilers. Try to play it it with open mind, we are all different; there is a tiny chance that you will not like it.
Conclusion: Try it; if you like it, you're welcome here, if you don't like it, search for other game(s), there are thousands of them on this site.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Seriously, Walter Victor, I admire your purposeful behavior in this forum. It reminds me of the good old days when internet forums were still open to discussion partners and people tried to entertain each other with intelligent conversations and respect. You hardly see that anymore. Especially in a forum like this one. It's a pity that you had to come up with an apologetic disclaimer for that, because now you automatically think of sarcasm when someone acts like that. Please excuse my gibberish, but I wanted to get rid of that. I've noticed it more than once since I first noticed you here in the forum. Since you shouldn't always just complain, but also praise, I'll take your last post as an opportunity to do so.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Seriously, Walter Victor, I admire your purposeful behavior in this forum. It reminds me of the good old days when internet forums were still open to discussion partners and people tried to entertain each other with intelligent conversations and respect. You hardly see that anymore. Especially in a forum like this one. It's a pity that you had to come up with an apologetic disclaimer for that, because now you automatically think of sarcasm when someone acts like that. Please excuse my gibberish, but I wanted to get rid of that. I've noticed it more than once since I first noticed you here in the forum. Since you shouldn't always just complain, but also praise, I'll take your last post as an opportunity to do so.
Yes, he is one of few good discussion partners here. He is answer to anybody with a good question. If everybody would be like him, this site would be heaven.

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
It really depends on what you're looking for. If you just want fap material or the most extreme fetishes or whatever, then Eternum probably isn't for you.

If you look for a slow burning, very well written story with relatable characters and great art, it very much can be for you.

Reactions: Dragon59

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Not long ago the world was like this
View attachment 2651102
But this changed in the last five to ten years.
There is some progres, but there are still pages where telling the truth anything is reason enought to earn a facepalm. Or being call names. Only because your opinion doesn't match with top 0.67% of the newbies people. It's like a sport there. I got about 15 facepalms up to now, 14 probably from only 2 pages. It's like 1 facepalm, 5 likes and 2-3 LOLs. It's not like a care about them, but I only try to say that they usualy don't comment, they are not there for discution, only probably to annoy with that. They like few like-minded and facepalm every other.
Progress is made in offtopic things, Offtopic pages were created. It was like a war zone there before that, now it's better.

Reactions: Dragon59

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I appreciate facepalms.

They show that the user has no counterargument, and is too lazy to even try. I can thereafter safely ignore anything they have to say.

On the subject of 'why play Eternum?' I think the others have it pretty well covered. For me, the main draw is how much I have come to care about the characters, and the sex is hot, to the point that even though by this point Orion has (depending on your choices) had full penetration with multiple characters, the hottest scenes to me are still the one where he and the girl don't even touch one another, and one where he touches the girl but it goes no further than her orgasm (that one has a special meaning which you will understand once you know her secret). Which is not to downplay how hot the rest is!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I appreciate facepalms.

They show that the user has no counterargument, and is too lazy to even try. I can thereafter safely ignore anything they have to say.

On the subject of 'why play Eternum?' I think the others have it pretty well covered. For me, the main draw is how much I have come to care about the characters, and the sex is hot, to the point that even though by this point Orion has (depending on your choices) had full penetration with multiple characters, the hottest scenes to me are still the one where he and the girl don't even touch one another, and one where he touches the girl but it goes no further than her orgasm (that one has a special meaning which you will understand once you know her secret). Which is not to downplay how hot the rest is!
I agree, honestly as much as I love the sex scenes the one I love the most are the one where we see the girls expressing their feelings with him, they are super sweet and I'm a sucker for romantic scenes, and the ones in Eternum are maybe the bests I've seen so far, very few games can reach the same level imho. :)
For the rest, yes the pro of the games were so well described by the others that there's no need to add anything else, you either try it or not, I think the best thing to do is play it with an open mind and enjoy for what it is, a very enjoyable and entertaining story with lots of well balanced funny and serious moments.

JojoU

Jun 19, 2017
Thanks for all the replies guys! Will defiinitely keep me busy for awhile.
Some of my personal favs would be City of Broken Dreamers, Milfs of Sunville, What a Legend, Dark Magic, Oppai Odyssey, Phoenixes, The Inn and V.I.R.T.U.E.S.
Definitely wouldnt mind giving those a try. Gonna take me awhile to get through the all(will make waiting for an Eternum update easier.
- You should definitely try Once In a Lifetime next
- Pale Carnations
- Desert Stalker
- Superhuman
- Projekt Passion
I do love Desert stalker(especially ains). Really need to get back into it. Not really into brothels/prostitutes/extreme fetishes so Ill probably give PC a skip. Dont know how Ive never heard of Superhuman but it definitely looks crazy. Probably playing that one right after Once in a Lifetime. Projeckt Passion probably after Superhuman. Thanks for the recs!
It's a bit different to most games here, but Strangers on Paper has an impressive first chapter.
And another one for the list. Thanks!
Demons Of The Hearth, Ripples, and Zero End (this one just started but I really like it so far).
Oh yeah. Already downloaded Ripples. Never did playthrough that one.Ill definitely pick up the other 2 as well.
Hillside is pretty good too
I have heard good things about Hillside si Ill definitely give it a playthrough.
U could try my bully is my lover by nii chan
Will definitely give it a try. Gotta expand the horizons

Jan 21, 2023
I do love Desert stalker(especially ains). Really need to get back into it. Not really into brothels/prostitutes/extreme fetishes so Ill probably give PC a skip. Dont know how Ive never heard of Superhuman but it definitely looks crazy. Probably playing that one right after Once in a Lifetime. Projeckt Passion probably after Superhuman. Thanks for the recs!
I am not into extreme fetishes either. I think PC is a bit different in that even people who dislike hardcore fetishes might just end up liking it because of how well it is written. Think about it - you have been on this website since 2017 so you have definitely seen people bitching about stuff like ntr on other threads, leaving 1 star reviews etc. Pale carnations is set in a brothel where 3 important girls are whoring themselves. Yet despite all of that it has >370 reviews and a >4.9/5 avg rating similar to eternum. So it is clearly doing something different from the rest. If you dont want to play it thats fine however I just thought I should say this because like you I dislike brothels, prostitutes, extreme fetishes etc yet I ended up liking pale carnations. And many others who also stick to harem/romance games that I have recommended it to ended up liking it as well. I think it is worth at least giving a try if you want to play something a bit different from what you are used to. Even if you end up not liking it, you will still play a very high quality game.

And I hope you like Superhuman. It is one of my favorite games on this website. It also has one of the most interesting antagonistic characters in any VN I have played.

4.80 star(s) 913 Votes