McBenji

Jan 25, 2022
No hate from me but a genuine question: How long does this Dev to create an Update? I remember checking this thread out like 2-3 Months ago and theres still no update.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
No hate from me but a genuine question: How long does this Dev to create an Update? I remember checking this thread out like 2-3 Months ago and theres still no update.
Latest dev progress as of literally one page ago...

Guesstimate based on current dev prog (4-5% per week) is early to mid July release for highest tier Patrons. As for update sched, dev usually releases an update every 4-5 months following a week after the public release date of the recent update.

About half a year it would seem.
Huh? It's about 4.5-5 months if he makes the July release.

Feb. 14 - Public Release
Feb. 19 - First post regarding 0.6 dev prog/official start of 0.6 development

So if he releases on early or mid July that's 1 to 2 weeks added development time. Add that to the 1 week worth of development he had from February and that counts as about a half or 3/4ths of a month depending on which week he'll release the Demon Tier update. March, April, May, June...that's 4 months. So add all of that that's 4.5-5 months worth.

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Latest dev progress as of literally one page ago...

Guesstimate based on current dev prog (4-5% per week) is early to mid July release for highest tier Patrons. As for update sched, dev usually releases an update every 4-5 months following a week after the public release date of the recent update.

Huh? It's about 4.5-5 months if he makes the July release.

Feb. 14 - Public Release
Feb. 19 - First post regarding 0.6 dev prog/official start of 0.6 development

So if he releases on early or mid July that's 1 to 2 weeks added development time. Add that to the 1 week worth of development he had from February and that counts as about a half or 3/4ths of a month depending on which week he'll release the Demon Tier update. March, April, May, June...that's 4 months. So add all of that that's 4.5-5 months worth.
June, July, so that would be 5. Not so far away from "half a year" I would suggest. Also since we don't know yet if "early July" will be the release. It took him 4 months for 75% (according to his own estimation), which actually means it takes him ~1 1/3 months per 25%, so that would mean release could be in the later half of July and if there are any problems it might get pushed a week or two.

Bottom line: Right now the realistic release window would be between the second half of July and the first half of August, which would take it around 5 to 5 1/2 months (~half a year) between updates.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
There is no prize for guessing the release date correctly. Even 'bragging rights' will soon be lost in the stampede to play the game. No one will care.
That was not the point of the exercise anyway. The point was simply to give a rough estimation of how long the update takes, which is round about half a year.

etool

Jun 14, 2021
Caribdis has given us a quality product in this game so far

allow him/her to keep that up, at their own pace .... we all know when they release it, it will be worth the wait

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Caribdis has given us a quality product in this game so far

allow him/her to keep that up, at their own pace .... we all know when they release it, it will be worth the wait
Yeah, other developer just take about that long for their content as well. 4-6 months is just about as long as it takes for a good quality update.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Does anyone know, when the new upgrade comes or how far the development is? :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but to make it authentic you should have waited 1 or 2 posts first. That way you could have said something about not having time to search. ;)
To both points, what's amusing is that the question comes after the SECOND posting of that update banner. ;)

Reactions: Walter Victor

jocoyo

May 9, 2018
The reason I dislike the Dalia scene was because Orion was awake, Dalia specifically yelled Orion's name to see he was there and Orion chose to hide. It would be different if he was actually asleep. But with the way it is written, I felt like the choice to be a creep was a deliberate one and I did not like that.

As for the Eva scene I dont like that the first thing that came to Orion's mind was throwing away Annie's life savings just to get laid. I think it would have been very easy to write a different scene where Orion could have met Eva under different circumstances. The sex scene itself was a very good one - it was one of my favorites in fact because I loved the philosophical conversation he had with her. But I did not like the lead up to it.

As for Eva as a potential side LI, personally I hope not because I feel like 7 girls - 8 counting Calypso is already way too much. I want the existing characters to get more screen time and be better developed.
Nah I get what you mean. I've said it before in this thread, but this idea that "oh those are your own choices, you don't have to make them!" is absurd. The harem route is essentially the only route in this game, losing a girl's affection only creates a slight deviation from the main harem route. Caribdis makes this game with the harem route fully in mind, and he obviously wants players to make these choices.

You have to ogle Dalia in the bathroom to continue her route. All other choices, despite being more intuitive, will close it off. So I understand why you're frustrated with it.

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes