Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Some thoughts regarding the latest previews:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Man, Orion needs to start to do forearms at the gym, he looks like an inverse Popeye.
And Dalia and Penny in the bed with Orion. I recognize a bait when I see it, Caribdis, but well played.
I can't wait.

Reactions: AmaroPargo

AmaroPargo

Apr 14, 2020
Hi!!
How long are Caribdi's updates? I just started playing Eternum on this last version and played OIALT when it was already completed...
Are they long or short? If they are short I might try to wait for the next release just so I have a huge amount of content to play next time (idk if I will manage to resist that much time tho)
Where did the 0.4 version content ended and started the 0.5 content?

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Hi!!
How long are Caribdi's updates? I just started playing Eternum on this last version and played OIALT when it was already completed...
Are they long or short? If they are short I might try to wait for the next release just so I have a huge amount of content to play next time (idk if I will manage to resist that much time tho)
Where did the 0.4 version content ended and started the 0.5 content?
Latest dev progress as of June 5, 2023:

progress_bar_v6_copy-1.png

Guesstimate based on current dev prog (4-5% per week) is early to mid July* release for highest tier Patrons. As for update sched, dev usually releases an update every 4-5 months following a week after the public release date of the recent update.

*there are some however who are arguing that release could be in latter half of July. Regardless, we'll have to wait and see since Caribdis posted back at Itch.io at the end of May that there's going to be an ETA post this month...

Lesgo.jpg

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Agreed that's why I wrote about me overthinking it, I thought about him being one of the Jocks instead, it would be a simpler explanation.
But as you said we will see in the next update, I feel like an idling engine, too many hypotheses and too few pieces to fit into the puzzle... Gh! .....
update.gif
Need.gif

AmaroPargo

Apr 14, 2020
Latest dev progress as of June 5, 2023:

View attachment 2683107

Guesstimate based on current dev prog (4-5% per week) is early to mid July* release for highest tier Patrons. As for update sched, dev usually releases an update every 4-5 months following a week after the public release date of the recent update.

*there are some however who are arguing that release could be in latter half of July. Regardless, we'll have to wait and see since Caribdis posted back at Itch.io at the end of May that there's going to be an ETA post this month...

View attachment 2683108
I must have expressed myself badly...
The thing I was asking is if the content in every update is big or not
Thats why I asked "where did the 0.4 version content ended and started the 0.5 content?" just so I could see how big are Caribdi's updates...

Thanks for answering tho!! Hope I expressed myself better now!!

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think that screenshot is misleading. He might announce the dates next month. That's like 3 hours before June 1st in utc and he might be in a timezone where it was already june 1st.
Alright alright I've asked the man and will post back if he ever answers...

Fien.jpg

Thats why I asked "where did the 0.4 version content ended and started the 0.5 content?" just so I could see how big are Caribdi's updates...

Jan 21, 2023

Thanks for answering tho!! Hope I expressed myself better now!!
The changelog is a good indication of how much content you can expect. It is usually ~1200 renders. Given this is a harem centric game and there are very few diverging paths (as in you dont get unique content for choosing only a subset of LIs) updates feel substantial if you choose the optimal path because with each update, you are experiencing almost all the work the dev has done towards it. This is quite different from games that have lots of branching where with each update you experience only a fraction of the work that has gone into it depending on your path unless you choose to replay. Personally I really like that about this game and I really hope this pattern continues.

But yeah as the other person said 0.4 ends when you are about to meet the founder for the first time. At the point shown in the screenshot below:

Waiting for a bunch of updates and playing a ton of content at once might be a good idea though. The cliffhangers in this game are painful (but also fun if you like making wild guesses about the story).

AmaroPargo

Apr 14, 2020
Alright alright I've asked the man and will post back if he ever answers...

View attachment 2683252

The changelog is a good indication of how much content you can expect. It is usually ~1200 renders. Given this is a harem centric game and there are very few diverging paths (as in you dont get unique content for choosing only a subset of LIs) updates feel substantial if you choose the optimal path because with each update, you are experiencing almost all the work the dev has done towards it. This is quite different from games that have lots of branching where with each update you experience only a fraction of the work that has gone into it depending on your path unless you choose to replay. Personally I really like that about this game and I really hope this pattern continues.

But yeah as the other person said 0.4 ends when you are about to meet the founder for the first time. At the point shown in the screenshot below:

Waiting for a bunch of updates and playing a ton of content at once might be a good idea though. The cliffhangers in this game are painful (but also fun if you like making wild guesses about the story).
Ok, cool!! Thanks both for answering!!

Waiting for a bunch of updates and playing a ton of content at once might be a good idea though
I might try to do that, but I dont think I'll be able to resist and not play it for 5-6 months when 0.6 gets released! :rolleyes:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Man, Orion needs to start to do forearms at the gym, he looks like an inverse Popeye.
And Dalia and Penny in the bed with Orion. I recognize a bait when I see it, Caribdis, but well played.
I can't wait.
Maybe it's a style choice or HS2 engine-related shenanigans? I mean, he's not the only one with Inverse Popeye-tier forearms...

View attachment 2683078
View attachment 2683083
Remember: because of where it was developed, HS2 has an Asian bias, so the thing with the arms may be a shout out to a "Godzilla/T-Rex" enfatuation. At least they don't look like tentacles. ;)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Ok, cool!! Thanks both for answering!!

I might try to do that, but I dont think I'll be able to resist and not play it for 5-6 months when 0.6 gets released! :rolleyes:
To maybe more directly answer - each update has given me about 3 or so hours of play time. I don't speed read the text or skip anything - I play at a "normal conversation" pace, not fast-talk, not slow talk, sounding out every letter, just comfortable. I also take time to enjoy the animations for more than a single loop (don't make MC a one-pump chump! :ROFLMAO:)

When I add in potential variations and alternate routes, I get about another hour or so, depending on how many of those there may be to explore. For the time it generally takes to make an Eternum update, I think we get a nice amount of play for the dev time, particularly when you look at the quality of the renders, story and overall game experience (interplay of the music, expressiveness of the characters, mood of the scenes, genuinely good writing with very few typos to distract, etc.).

It looks like you've decided otherwise, but, if you are still considering depriving yourself of Eternum for 10 months to double that play time, it's your call, but I wouldn't. :LOL:

Jan 21, 2023
It looks like you've decided otherwise, but, if you are still considering depriving yourself of Eternum for 10 months to double that play time, it's your call, but I wouldn't. :LOL:
Playing 3 updates in one go is a much better experience than playing a single update in one go in my opinion. I am probably not going to do it because I lack the patience but if I were patient enough that is exactly what I would do.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Luckily Eternum updates have a shitload of content each time :)
Updates are pretty long. I play every game that has longer than three months between updates from beginning, after five updates there are few days of play... Normally 1-3 hours per day (time is money... I have barely any time)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Playing 3 updates in one go is a much better experience than playing a single update in one go in my opinion. I am probably not going to do it because I lack the patience but if I were patient enough that is exactly what I would do.
And playing the game in one go when it's completed is the best experience :BootyTime:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (v0.5R Public)
1683401367392.png
Go get you some. Grab it from here: Not listed in the OP

Links in mod's OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner or link above). Regards and be well.
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (v0.5R Public)

Go get you some. Grab it from here: BECAUSE IT'S NOT LISTED IN THE VN'S OP

Links in mods' OP and its associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • Resolved issue - SanchoGallery locking some VN gallery scenes that were previously unlocked as noted in this post.
  • Recoded a few SanchoGallery scenes to include background music as requested in the above same post.
  • Other minor tweaks.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Apologies for my quite rare dropping of the ball on this one.

Thanks to and all credit to DudePersonA for discovering and reporting the issue. Thank you sir for your time and detail regarding the issue.

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes