Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Oh.. well shit I really want the update to come soon, I think it took a longer time because there will be fighting scenes
A release for next month seems likely given this was what he said on Itch.io a while back...

00.jpg

Going by past releases he usually posts the definitive release dates (along with the Changelog) just days before the release of the beta version for the highest tier (which gets leaked here usually on the same day). Sooooo...yeah, just a few more weeks left I think.

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
A release for next month seems likely given this was what he said on Itch.io a while back...

View attachment 2694652

Going by past releases he usually posts the definitive release dates (along with the Changelog) just days before the release of the beta version for the highest tier (which gets leaked here usually on the same day). Sooooo...yeah, just a few more weeks left I think.
Damn...Thx anyway man

Jun 16, 2021
I'm enjoying the game a lot the models all look really good and the story is pretty simple but enjoyable, the music is good as well but it can get kinda hard to read when you're listening to vocals as well I think it would work better to have instrumentals for the most part and leave songs with vocals for special occasions.

Reactions: rudy007

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
It's probably more complicated than that. Thanatos is not an NPC. He has full agency. But Wyatt died similar to Benjamin, from a heart attack while playing.

Of course we don't have information on the specific circumstances. We know that Benjamin died after being excommunicated, but going from excommunicated to getting a heart attack and becoming an NPC may had additional steps.

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
It's probably more complicated than that. Thanatos is not an NPC. He has full agency. But Wyatt died similar to Benjamin, from a heart attack while playing.

Of course we don't have information on the specific circumstances. We know that Benjamin died after being excommunicated, but going from excommunicated to getting a heart attack and becoming an NPC may had additional steps.
Maybe Thanatos was not killed? A natural heart attack is not impossible. Is like in Death Note, I'm sure every heart attack when Light starts to kill would be considered a Kira's attack, but heart attacks exist since ever, even in young people.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not sure if the excommunicated living on in Eternum will ever be brought to light, but the mysterious deaths linked to playing Eternum and being purposefully covered up might. The company won't survive that, and I'm predicting William (assuming he survives until the end of the game) and the other higher ups will end up behind bars by the end of it all.

As for what happens to the game after that...assuming the theory is true that Eternum and the Astral Plane are one and the same, and that the Gems of Doom are bad for its continued existence...I don't see a Sword Art Online scenario happening where the game goes open source. Having all of those players continue roaming around and making a mess in all of the known realities (especially once Ulysses and the Praetorians are out of commission) sounds like a bad idea, so I won't be surprised if that link between our world and Eternum gets severed in the true ending* (thus leading to the game "mysteriously" shutting down and becoming inaccessible to everyone...which I'm guessing Ulysses (the company) will have a hard time answering once they get dragged to court (though I'm assuming they wouldn't be able to answer that because they might not know that the link is closed)).

*Part of that theory though is that Orion and the other LIs are either granted the ability to continue their adventures through lucid dreaming (basically Astral Projection in ye old-fashioned way), or Calypso gets to pull them back into Eternum every now and then thanks to her portals. And since they'll be among the few who know the true nature of Eternum, they'll likely have more care when it comes to interacting with the many realities found there, thus having their presence a non-issue

Last edited:

Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for the answers, everyone! Since 0.6 is almost out, then, I'll wait for it to be released and then jump right in.

Like all the best stories, it's simple on the surface but it gets quite deep if you really dig into it.
Digging too much is not really necessary, as we don't have too many elements to build crazy theories around. Not that that will keep us from doing it anyway. :LOL:

Unlikely unless you want to yourself.
I love a good mystery, but my current real life obligations do not leave me a lot of time to theorize, sadly. Who knows, though; if the game ends up being as good as everyone says it is, I might just say fuck it to my backlog and replay this with every new release, other games and books be damned.

Hopefully the game will be as good as everyone says it is, then; I'll likely just ignore my shameful backlog if I end up enjoying the mystery as much as you guys do.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
A thought about the NPC theory that was basically confirmed in the last couple chapters ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ArDZer
4.80 star(s) 929 Votes