Nullbot

Aug 27, 2018
I'd like to ask a question to those who have read everything that's out so far: how complex is this VN's story? If I start reading now, is it likely that I'll have to go through the whole thing again when more content comes out? I enjoyed Caribdis's previous work, Once in a Lifetime, quite a bit, and have been looking forward to reading this one, but it will likely be a while before the whole thing is finished. I've been considering just reading what's out because I miss his goofy writing style, but there are always so many things on my gaming backlog that having to go back later would make me feel guilty.

Reactions: rudy007
Oct 10, 2022
WAIT, maybe thats why the AI girl said "maybe this time will be different" because they sent other NPC into the real world too for some reason?????

I.NEED.EP.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From that line I thought MC is like Neo from Matrix, he is the one always been sent before. So not any other NPC but always the MC, though I thought it was the other way around. Like real life was not real, MC is there as a saviour etc. I kinda had an ongoing theory for the game, now it's all mixed up. I agree I want, need ep 6 and preferably 7,8, 9 and so on.

Mr_Mister

Jan 9, 2020
Some thoughts regarding the latest previews:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I'd like to ask a question to those who have read everything that's out so far: how complex is this VN's story? If I start reading now, is it likely that I'll have to go through the whole thing again when more content comes out? I enjoyed Caribdis's previous work, Once in a Lifetime, quite a bit, and have been looking forward to reading this one, but it will likely be a while before the whole thing is finished. I've been considering just reading what's out because I miss his goofy writing style, but there are always so many things on my gaming backlog that having to go back later would make me feel guilty.
If you liked OIAL, you will love this. Story is complex. My advice: use walkthrough. You will save yourself many time and few bad decisions... ;)

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
I'd like to ask a question to those who have read everything that's out so far: how complex is this VN's story?
Like all the best stories, it's simple on the surface but it gets quite deep if you really dig into it.
Digging too much is not really necessary, as we don't have too many elements to build crazy theories around. Not that that will keep us from doing it anyway. :LOL:
If I start reading now, is it likely that I'll have to go through the whole thing again when more content comes out?
Unlikely unless you want to yourself.

Jan 21, 2023
The story is interesting but I dont think it is complex enough where you need to read it again each update. I have been following it since 0.3 and I never felt the need to replay just to remember the story for the past 2 updates.

If you like once in a lifetime I think you will like this. Once in a Lifetime improved very significantly as the game went on and the dev gained experience. That trend continues here - I think this is better than what once in a lifetime was at its best.

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
The complexity of the story depends on how much you care about the clues. The relationships with the girls and the main plot points like MC's compatibility and the importance of the Gems is fairly simple to digest if you are paying attention.

However there is a lot of information scattered around and it's very easy to miss, especially when it is first introduced to you.

If you don't care about attempting to solve the mystery yourself, then you probably don't need the reruns.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I think NPC characters are humans dead or alive. How do make them stay in character, that I do not know.

The complexity of the story depends on how much you care about the clues. The relationships with the girls and the main plot points like MC's compatibility and the importance of the Gems is fairly simple to digest if you are paying attention.

However there is a lot of information scattered around and it's very easy to miss, especially when it is first introduced to you.

If you don't care about attempting to solve the mystery yourself, then you probably don't need the reruns.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Me: ...

/glances at doc file on his "crackpot theories" folder marked "re: LI flashbacks and dead relatives and fucked-up theory as to how they will tie to the ending"

Brain: Don't.

Me: But-

Brain: We're not sure yet. Don't.

Me: Uhm-

Brain: They're all gonna hate you for it. Don't.

Me:

Ok.jpg

Lilybelle

Jan 22, 2023
Me: ...

/glances at doc file on his "crackpot theories" folder marked "re: LI flashbacks and dead relatives and fucked-up theory as to how they will tie to the ending"

Brain: Don't.

Me: But-

Brain: We're not sure yet. Don't.

Me: Uhm-

Brain: They're all gonna hate you for it. Don't.

Me:

View attachment 2693722
I'm looking forward to the update where some of those "crackpot theories" gets moved to the "canon" folder (y)

Reactions: Salviocass99

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I'm looking forward to the update where some of those "crackpot theories" gets moved to the "canon" folder (y)
Hopefully not the one I've mentioned though, since out of all of the theories I have that one is the most painful to witness if it turns out to be true-

/Brain shoots an icy glare in my direction

...erm, yeah. I suppose I'll just leave it at that, haha.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Salviocass99
Oct 10, 2022
Well my theory was heavily related to Matrix. I thought that Eternum lady is like Architect from Matrix and Founder is not a person but an entity in the game who oversees everything. He/she wanted to be replaced because Founder position is basically a prison for eternity. If my theory correct, one of the most important desicion in the game was refusing immortality gadget. If you accept it MC will stuck in Eternum for an eternity if not whatever is the good ending for him.

Anyways, it is highly unlikely. So nothing to worry about, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
My theory is the same since 0.4 update: Orion is in a loop, and every time he choose face (being face not sacrifice something or someone, maybe the girls), but now is time to choose tail, even if tail means death. The flashes and dreams are memories of old loops, and in every one of them Idriel is who is helping Orion, not because she is a friend, but because she can see or remember every loop, and she just want to rest. Maybe the syndicate (the people who give you a card) is people that remember the loops too, and knew that in every time, in every loop Orion and only Orion changes the game, and they need him, but every attempt to help him directly has turned out to be a failure, that's why they are trying a less direct method.
That's my theory at least.

eternum-sneakpeeks-v0-tojzs63n2q4b1.jpg

4.80 star(s) 929 Votes