• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
All righty... maybe I'm just tripping balls, but I noticed something that could be relevant. No idea whether it's been brought up before, but here is a little something that got me thinking...

*puts on his tinfoil hat*

Remember the Syndicate recruitment poster we saw on Ion?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And here is a potentially important bit from the morgue scene that happens much later:

Are you seeing what I'm seeing? No? Welp, here it is:

I'm normally wary of interpreting visual evidence as clues in VNs because it can be very misleading; what might look like a clue is simply a result of an asset's default look, the dev recycling assets or something of that nature. Here, however, both assets seem to be custom-made and if that's the case, this is probably not a coincidence.

Make of that what you will...

So either Cari commissioned for that map asset to be made WHILE he was still working on OIAL (possible, considering that he may have been playing around with HS2 already at that point), or he took that asset and said "you know what, I can use these numbers..." and just wrote it in his story accordingly.

Or all of this is just a mighty coincidence that has no connection with one another (like '2139' could be the current year in Ion, something like that).

Still, could be something, so...

/posts it as a note in his conspiracy board while citing Frowster as the source

(Also, if we're gonna go full Harold Camping on this one, adding all of the numbers gets you 15, and (I'm looking from that because of the Gems of Doom - Sefirot connection), we get...

"Fifteen always represents the elevation from physical to spiritual. From this we can understand the Kli Yakar that fifteen is often used to represent the bond between man and wife, as we shall soon see.

The elevation, mentioned in the previous paragraph, has a corollary: The number fifteen always signifies the fifteen steps necessary for the attainment of a lofty objective.

The physical world was created in six days and a spiritual dimension was added to it, the seventh day. The number eight begins the spiritual realm beyond this world. Through the performance of certain mitzvot (commandment, duty), one can connect the physical and spiritual realms and this is symbolized by the number 15 [7+8=15] Thus, the number 15 represents a synthesis of heaven and earth."

...well that's just one instance of the importance of the number sooooo...make of that what you will, I suppose?)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
All righty... maybe I'm just tripping balls, but I noticed something that could be relevant. No idea whether it's been brought up before, but here is a little something that got me thinking...

And here is a potentially important bit from the morgue scene that happens much later:

I'm normally wary of interpreting visual evidence as clues in VNs because it can be very misleading; what might look like a clue is simply a result of an asset's default look, the dev recycling assets or something of that nature. Here, however, both assets seem to be custom-made and if that's the case, this is probably not a coincidence.

EDIT: so much for that. I guess it's nothing, then. Oh well, t'was worth a try. :ROFLMAO:
There's also the phenomenon where people have a tendency to repeat certain numbers attempting to be "random", but subconsciously the human brain really doesn't do "random" and you end up with repetition. Still, it could be deliberate and if it is, that might get revealed - sort of like the four digits in OAILT (6147, maybe?). A number string has been important on one Cari venture, so maybe it could be again.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

EDIT: so much for that. I guess it's nothing, then. Oh well, t'was worth a try. :ROFLMAO:
Or, it could be a hidden tribute to Monsters, Inc.

Lilybelle

Jan 22, 2023
There's also the phenomenon where people have a tendency to repeat certain numbers attempting to be "random", but subconsciously the human brain really doesn't do "random" and you end up with repetition. Still, it could be deliberate and if it is, that might get revealed - sort of like the four digits in OAILT (6147, maybe?). A number string has been important on one Cari venture, so maybe it could be again.
So proud of you for being able to reference that first-hand now. They grow up so fast :')

• Haha
Reactions: Son of Durin

fregonard

Mar 11, 2018
I know someone must have already asked, but I've been without internet for 2 years, does anyone fuck the love interests or is it just the mc that fucks?:unsure:

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
anyone know the game PROGRESS now ..and not the 87

Mr.Winter

Mar 30, 2022
One thing I appreciate about this and the first game, is the dev's humor. It's so zany at times but always makes me laugh.
Like when the MC takes the photoshoot of Penny and zooms out making her legs stretch...those little moments.
His comedic timing is spot on :)

Okay, that's enough praise, I expect my check in the post dev :whistle:
Yea, usually not a laugher but the game brought my guard down a bit with the detective scene and zooms, and the "deformed potato" line had me off gas for a sec. He really knows how to keep a audience intrigued.

Sep 18, 2021
I think I'm gonna wait until this game finishes before I fire it up. I came into Once in a Lifetime very late when it was already long finished. That was a wild ride of a game and very unique given what I had played at the time, and even afterward. Just from the screenshots alone for this one, it looks even more wild.

It might be years before it finishes, but I can wait. I bookmarked the patreon as well, so I think his pace is alright.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sageproduct

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think I'm gonna wait until this game finishes before I fire it up. I came into Once in a Lifetime very late when it was already long finished. That was a wild ride of a game and very unique given what I had played at the time, and even afterward. Just from the screenshots alone for this one, it looks even more wild.

It might be years before it finishes, but I can wait. I bookmarked the patreon as well, so I think his pace is alright.
You should. Right now, you'll just get blue balls playing what's available. There is some good sex but the real kicker is really the story, because there's not much sex in this...There's a bunch of sexy circumstances though

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022

If you can wait do it, I started playing Eternum version 0.3 because I couldn't wait anymore, now it's hard to wait for the next updates :eek:
Once in a lifetime was great but if you replay it, the beginning of the game can feel "rough" (which is normal because it was Caribdis first game). Eternum is even better than OILT.
But if you can't wait, i'm sure you'll love the content and the LI ;)( especially Annie a.k.a best girl

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 929 Votes