Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Was replaying the game again and noticed something I didn't catch before. Sorry if its been brought up already, but how the hell did Thanatos get to the Ogygia server? I can understand the two Praetorians and their hired player "goons" as they're supposed to be the game's "police", but the server was supposed inaccessible otherwise and MC only got there with Nova's hack. Any theories?
Also, My personal theory is he is actually somehow connected to the Gems. Once one is found, he can eventually bring himself to it. MC wasn't online long enough after he found it for Thanatos to track him down, but he was on the Ogygia server for hours. Plenty of time to track the location and for whatever unique method of travel his state of being allows to bring him to the MC.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Frowster

Nov 4, 2022
He is essentially an aberration in the Eternum now. He isn't really a player anymore and therefore not bound by the normal rules. He is closer to an praetorian in terms of abilities and power (probably even far beyond that actually), while maintaining a normal human conscience and free will to do what he wants. He's for all intense and purposes a kind of demigod in Eternum now, very strong and powerful and probably unkillable as far as we know.
Agreed, though I think there is even more to him:

If he is still Wyatt R. Pittman in terms of personality and memories of his earlier life... if he retained them through the excommunication process and his subsequent rebirth in Eternum... how does he know the above?

I guess you could argue that what he says to Calypso refers to her role in opening the gates of Acheron, which he could have heard from the Syndicate (assuming that's who contacts Orion via the phone call), but even if that's true, how could he possibly have any knowledge about Eternum's fate being predetermined? That's something I would assume only higher beings like Idriel and the Founder would know.

I'm considering several possibilities. One is that he was another user with 100% compatibility (or maybe something like 99,99999%) and it was his compatibility level that caused him to retain his memories and control of his faculties when excommunicated. Instead of ending up as a mindless drone, his... soul? spirit? merged with Eternum, granting him his current powers, knowledge and other abilities, like being able to access restricted servers or his apparent ability to "sense" and home in on the Gems of Doom that other players acquired.

Two: he is working for a higher being and is acting as their avatar. It is this entity that's the source of his knowledge and powers. He had been offered power and immortality in exchange for finding the Gems of Doom (much like how the Founder offers the amulet of Blair to Orion, only Wyatt accepted the offer) and a promise of more of it once his quest is completed. In this case, his death may have been caused by means other than Praetorian-administered excommunication, hence the different outcome. Technically a death, but more of a voluntary ascension instead, where he agreed to trade his frail physical form from our world for a being of great power in Eternum.

Another thing: I find it curious that he doesn't seem to be particularly interested in taking Calypso for himself. Not for power, I'm pretty sure his is already greater than all the Weapons' of Atlas combined, but for her role in opening the gates of Acheron.

Seeing how Thanatos has no problems finding the Gems of Doom, I would think that he could find her just as easily, overpower her and use her himself or destroy her, if her existence somehow threatened his objectives. But he doesn't... he just tried to get Calypso to open a portal back in Ogygia, but hasn't made a move on her since. Interesting, considering that she's been alone, vulnerable and still not at full strength in Ekabar for some time.

Of course it's also possible that he just can't sense her the way he can do with the Gems... or maybe he needs to take out Orion first to break their connection.

I'm also wondering whether the damage Orion dealt to him in Ogygia is permanent or if the next time we see him he will have his hand back... that would shed some more light on what he really is now. Pretty sure we'll find out soon, so buckle up.

Heh, now's as good a time as any to get the speculation ball rolling again. These are some of the things that will be fresh on my mind as I jump into 0.6.

Man, Caribdis puts other every dev to shame. Genuinely the fucking goat. Amazing updates consistently every 6 months? So good. I mean, he's about to make 2 big updates when some other avns haven't even had 1 in that same timeframe.
Yes, I love it too.

TC_Leon45

Jul 21, 2017
Agreed, though I think there is even more to him:

If he is still Wyatt R. Pittman in terms of personality and memories of his earlier life... if he retained them through the excommunication process and his subsequent rebirth in Eternum... how does he know the above?

I guess you could argue that what he says to Calypso refers to her role in opening the gates of Acheron, which he could have heard from the Syndicate (assuming that's who contacts Orion via the phone call), but even if that's true, how could he possibly have any knowledge about Eternum's fate being predetermined? That's something I would assume only higher beings like Idriel and the Founder would know.

I'm considering several possibilities. One is that he was another user with 100% compatibility (or maybe something like 99,99999%) and it was his compatibility level that caused him to retain his memories and control of his faculties when excommunicated. Instead of ending up as a mindless drone, his... soul? spirit? merged with Eternum, granting him his current powers, knowledge and other abilities, like being able to access restricted servers or his apparent ability to "sense" and home in on the Gems of Doom that other players acquired.

Two: he is working for a higher being and is acting as their avatar. It is this entity that's the source of his knowledge and powers. He had been offered power and immortality in exchange for finding the Gems of Doom (much like how the Founder offers the amulet of Blair to Orion, only Wyatt accepted the offer) and a promise of more of it once his quest is completed. In this case, his death may have been caused by means other than Praetorian-administered excommunication, hence the different outcome. Technically a death, but more of a voluntary ascension instead, where he agreed to trade his frail physical form from our world for a being of great power in Eternum.

Another thing: I find it curious that he doesn't seem to be particularly interested in taking Calypso for himself. Not for power, I'm pretty sure his is already greater than all the Weapons' of Atlas combined, but for her role in opening the gates of Acheron.

Seeing how Thanatos has no problems finding the Gems of Doom, I would think that he could find her just as easily, overpower her and use her himself or destroy her, if her existence somehow threatened his objectives. But he doesn't... he just tried to get Calypso to open a portal back in Ogygia, but hasn't made a move on her since. Interesting, considering that she's been alone, vulnerable and still not at full strength in Ekabar for some time.

Of course it's also possible that he just can't sense her the way he can do with the Gems... or maybe he needs to take out Orion first to break their connection.

I'm also wondering whether the damage Orion dealt to him in Ogygia is permanent or if the next time we see him he will have his hand back... that would shed some more light on what he really is now. Pretty sure we'll find out soon, so buckle up.

Heh, now's as good a time as any to get the speculation ball rolling again. These are some of the things that will be fresh on my mind as I jump into 0.6.

Yes, I love it too.

Probably the soul of Wyatt has been long gone after some excommunications, and his body in Eternum has become one of the puppets controlled by Ulysses. Based on this assumption, he can only say things that from the knowledge of Ulysses. His fate is already sealed after accepting the Amulet from Ulysses.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Frowster

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Probably the soul of Wyatt has been long gone after some excommunications, and his body in Eternum has become one of the puppets controlled by Ulysses. Based on this assumption, he can only say things that from the knowledge of Ulysses. His fate is already sealed after accepting the Amulet from Ulysses.
The way I understand it is actually the exact opposite. Contrary to the normal NPCs he has kept his...conscience and is acting under his own accord. I don't think we know why or how he did it. It might be, that all NPCs actually keep their conscience but get controlled by the chip or implant or what it was in their necks and he just escaped before getting one. That would also explain why some NPCs seem to be able to ask the MC for help. I think we can very much discard the idea, that he is controlled by Ulysses. If anything, he is working against some of the higher-ups at Ulysses like Alex' father, because they want control of Eternum as well.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Quick question, if I play through 0.5 to refresh myself on what happened, will I be able to load the save into 0.6?

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Seeing everyone anxiously awaiting the release at the highest tier, hoping someone that spent that much money to get the day one release will just turn around and pass it out, and then figure out if there are any bugs or uncaught exceptions that need to be fixed, just so they can pirate it on day one, is kind of fun to watch.

Of course, inevitably at least one of the early play guys will be a moron (or several, more likely) and will post unmarked spoilers all over this thread, and then bitch about who didn't get a scene, and how disappointed they are that there wasn't more content after their so-long wait to pirate the VN and play it for free. And it will probably be someone that only comments negative things here in the first week after release and then isn't heard from again until the next release (we know who you are, and we probably have you on ignore ;)).

Meanwhile, I'll just be spending the next couple of weeks or month with other AVNs that are in my queue while avoiding reading any posts here (because of the inevitable morons), and pick it up after we're sure it isn't buggy and the Mod has had a chance to properly update.

Maybe I should get some popcorn. :unsure:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Honestly I mainly hope that we will get it sometime next week after the 4th of August or so just to not get crazy on the F5. :LOL:

Reactions: rudy007

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Seeing everyone anxiously awaiting the release at the highest tier, hoping someone that spent that much money to get the day one release will just turn around and pass it out, and then figure out if there are any bugs or uncaught exceptions that need to be fixed, just so they can pirate it on day one, is kind of fun to watch.

Of course, inevitably at least one of the early play guys will be a moron (or several, more likely) and will post unmarked spoilers all over this thread, and then bitch about who didn't get a scene, and how disappointed they are that there wasn't more content after their so-long wait to pirate the VN and play it for free. And it will probably be someone that only comments negative things here in the first week after release and then isn't heard from again until the next release (we know who you are, and we probably have you on ignore ;)).

Meanwhile, I'll just be spending the next couple of weeks or month with other AVNs that are in my queue while avoiding reading any posts here (because of the inevitable morons), and pick it up after we're sure it isn't buggy and the Mod has had a chance to properly update.

See you back soon on this thread (y):giggle:

Last edited:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

The main reason why I will download it and go away for the duration of my play. Slow, from beginning. And after I make some catch-up, there are 3-4 games still in queue before Eternum. And after that I will come back to this thread.

4.80 star(s) 911 Votes