Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
The main reason why I will download it and go away for the duration of my play. Slow, from beginning. And after I make some catch-up, there are 3-4 games still in queue before Eternum. And after that I will come back to this thread.
I tend to unwatch the thread when a new chapter comes out (for bigger games) and stay away for few weeks or so :KEK:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
.I think people in highest tier getting to play early is moot because they are like early testers .MEanwhile we will get a bug free and stable release.
One often believes that will be the case. I think Eternum has been fortunate on that point, but I see other high-profile updates that still do have bugs. As good as some of the Dev's are, once things get this far along, the complexity of things can easily lead to little breaks (typos in code, etc.). Once you get the VN into the wild, with all of the variances people have chosen to play and save, that's where the final test occurs. Sometimes, all has been caught; other times....

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
tbf I don't remember a caribdis release with game breaking bugs, so there a high chance that the version releasing in 48 hours will be playable without much issues
For me is worse launch the beta without all the content like in others games, i prefer play something with some errors that play a game incomplete and later play again with all the content available.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Seeing everyone anxiously awaiting the release at the highest tier, hoping someone that spent that much money to get the day one release will just turn around and pass it out, and then figure out if there are any bugs or uncaught exceptions that need to be fixed, just so they can pirate it on day one, is kind of fun to watch.

Of course, inevitably at least one of the early play guys will be a moron (or several, more likely) and will post unmarked spoilers all over this thread, and then bitch about who didn't get a scene, and how disappointed they are that there wasn't more content after their so-long wait to pirate the VN and play it for free. And it will probably be someone that only comments negative things here in the first week after release and then isn't heard from again until the next release (we know who you are, and we probably have you on ignore ;)).

Meanwhile, I'll just be spending the next couple of weeks or month with other AVNs that are in my queue while avoiding reading any posts here (because of the inevitable morons), and pick it up after we're sure it isn't buggy and the Mod has had a chance to properly update.

Maybe I should get some popcorn. :unsure:
Usually, once I know a game update has dropped, I watch my notifications and don't click on that thread until the version number changes, then after I download it, I'll usually stay away completely until I've caught up, even if that ends up being a while and it means missing out on all the fun conversations and Troll™ bashing.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Quick question, if I play through 0.5 to refresh myself on what happened, will I be able to load the save into 0.6?
Yes, although it isn't recommended to save on the very last screen, since some changes can be made when adding the new release. Save some screens back to assure the save file works. Although usually Caribdis says something if an older save is needed.

Seeing everyone anxiously awaiting the release at the highest tier, hoping someone that spent that much money to get the day one release will just turn around and pass it out, and then figure out if there are any bugs or uncaught exceptions that need to be fixed, just so they can pirate it on day one, is kind of fun to watch.

Of course, inevitably at least one of the early play guys will be a moron (or several, more likely) and will post unmarked spoilers all over this thread, and then bitch about who didn't get a scene, and how disappointed they are that there wasn't more content after their so-long wait to pirate the VN and play it for free. And it will probably be someone that only comments negative things here in the first week after release and then isn't heard from again until the next release (we know who you are, and we probably have you on ignore ;)).

Meanwhile, I'll just be spending the next couple of weeks or month with other AVNs that are in my queue while avoiding reading any posts here (because of the inevitable morons), and pick it up after we're sure it isn't buggy and the Mod has had a chance to properly update.

Maybe I should get some popcorn. :unsure:
Personally I don't care, when it comes it will come. But I guess some can't wait a few minutes for the release. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I gotta ask but, who here replays the ENTIRE game to refresh their memory or for another reason right before a new version drops?
I mean, sometimes its right before. Sometimes it's two months before. Sometimes is two months AND right before ... etc.

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I gotta ask but, who here replays the ENTIRE game to refresh their memory or for another reason right before a new version drops?
cat_hand_raise.jpg
The last time I've replayed reeeeaaally slow, like 20 minutes a day (sometimes less). Basically injecting myself a little dose of Eternum regularly. Still not done actually, I just finished the party last week. Now it's Nancy time.

Really the only reason is that it makes me feel good. The wholesomeness, the sexyness, the funnyness, the epicness... good story, good musics, perfect staging, great characters... it's just good feelings waiting to be savoured. I mean 2 weeks ago I literally just played the scene where Nova shows her comic book, and that was enough good feels for the evening.

Reactions: andresblinky

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
annie_what.gif
W-why are you l-looking at me?

(Jokes aside, I usually have an old save from one-two chapters early and I replay only that, but with Eternum and Summer Gone yeah, I usually replay the game completely the month before).

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Probably not this time. For once because BG3 is also coming out soon and my original playthrough was only a few months ago. I also replayed 0.5 only a month ago as well, because I thought I lost my savegames so everything is reasonable fresh, I think.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
If I had to replay again and refresh my memory, it'd be Nova's unforgettable introduction (she could've thrown the entire kitchen at the poor laddie), her incident with the waffles during the phone call, how she called herself a walking cheeto with legs, how she admitted being at last a privacy violator (and had no problem in spying on Penny's private folder not long after) or her quick trigger-finger reaction at shooting that bear. The same goes for her shenanigans back at the Halloween party (the truth or lie game was so embarrassing for the poor girl, but she needs not to worry, she'll fulfill her kinky fantasies eventually). :whistle::giggle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 911 Votes