Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hey guys, I got to a particular house with Nancy, and I can't seem to do the new content it just says wait until 0.7. What should I do?
That problem is usually caused by having the wrong mod installed. If you're using one, make sure it is the same one you used last time, updated to match the current release. You can't switch easily between two modders as it often fouls up your saves.

13orbedud

Jun 3, 2019
I'm not one to post or review very often and I doubt the Dev will even see this but I absolutely love this game. Its very rare to find a game that keep me engaged in the erotic visual novel genre. The writing in this game is superb, by far the best of any in the genre. I will be subscribing to your patreon for as long as you keep making content. Ty for the wonderful game.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Bingo, totally agree with a harem being a power fantasy, the MC can do whatever he wants, but the girls are his only, and yes, it's hypocritical. I know nobody would mind banging 2 Nova, but 2 MC banging Nova wouldn't be right, exactly because it's a power trip.

Both Nova were the same, just one was utterly shy, while the other one was totally free, I know I personally wouldn't mind if there were 2 MCs at some point, cause it's the MC, I would mind if it was Chang for example. Not a fan of harem games in general cause it's too easy and unrealistic, but Caribdis sure has a way to make them enjoyable as hell...
Yes and no.

It is a bit deeper than that. Normal men have the innate desire to procreate. Having more than one female, ensures higher chances of heirs/more heirs.

In nature, single life long partners, are an extremely rare thing. Most mammals/animals, fuck as soon as it is heat season. Humans are different in that, since we've got a morality based societies, with various opinions and culture on that. In some culture having multiple wives, is completely normal. For the males, it usually brings both standing, and heirs. For females, a man able to sustain several women and kids, is usually a good bet as far as needs and safety goes.

You've also got to add the fact that not everyone is a good breeding candidate as well. The weakest males, will usually have a much tougher time getting laid. Mankind is once again different in that aspect, since weak men can become powerful if they've got enough money. We're probably the only mammals were the weak can actually strive and reproduce.

But, this also means that having multiple partners, is fairly normal if the weak ones ain't getting as much, since more partners are available, the strongest male will have to breed them as well, otherwise your species would decline pretty quickly, unless like humans, you allow the weakest to reproduce as well.

So no, harems aren't really a "power trip", it's more akin to a natural effect for the species propagation :)
Sure, it's sexually arousing, but anything arousing you sexually, is in essence, designed to help propagate the species and breed better/more often.

One could make an argument that cuckhold/sharing fetishes, is an adaptation of this as well. The weakest men leaving stronger ones breed their females, because they innhately know it's better for the species as a whole. Maybe a bit far fetched, but when you see how weak most men are today, and how much this trend since to be increasing, it's difficult not to believe it to be at the very least, a possibility.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Humans are different in that, since we've got a morality based societies, with various opinions and culture on that.
The big difference between humans and most other animals is that our children take a massive amount of time before they can actually rely on themselves. So if you take a very basic like "cave men" society, even a strong male couldn't have a "harem" because 4 or 5 female would soon end up having 4 or 5 children each and no man, regardless of how strong or "alpha" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it, would be able to supply 20 to 25 other humans with enough food.

So for one, humans will likely always have lived together in tribes to support each other and most males will likely not have had more than one or two females and that - over time - developed to monogamous systems. And even in cultures with polygamous relationships it is generally limited to the very rich and powerful if not to the king/emperor/sultan alone.

And only in a modern society would a rich male even be able to support 7 or 8 females like the harem Eternum is aiming for.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
The big difference between humans and most other animals is that our children take a massive amount of time before they can actually rely on themselves. So if you take a very basic like "cave men" society, even a strong male couldn't have a "harem" because 4 or 5 female would soon end up having 4 or 5 children each and no man, regardless of how strong or "alpha" or whatever the fuck you wanna call it, would be able to supply 20 to 25 other humans with enough food.

So for one, humans will likely always have lived together in tribes to support each other and most males will likely not have had more than one or two females and that - over time - developed to monogamous systems. And even in cultures with polygamous relationships it is generally limited to the very rich and powerful if not to the king/emperor/sultan alone.

And only in a modern society would a rich male even be able to support 7 or 8 females like the harem Eternum is aiming for.
That is what I said :)
Only the ones able to do it, can do it, even in the societies where it is "normal".

But, as far as mammals fgo (outside of humans), it is a very normal thing. The only reason we're different, is because we have an economy, and no longer only care about the most basic things.

Historically during the tribe periods, it was pretty "normal" for the chief and strongest warriors to have more than one wife. Things haven't changed "that much". It is the golden rule, whoever has the gold, makes the rules :)

Jehuty206

Jun 20, 2020
Alex's scene was top notch , damn thas was hot.
Calypso's story , was so cool to read. Like the look of the renders during that story.
And the plot continues to go well . 0.6 was clearly a good update. Thanks to Caribdis and his team to that.

Only "sad" note ... The next update will be on April/May ! That toooooooo far :eek: Luckily, Starfield is out in one month :D

Good week end to all , and forgive my bad English.

Drakenite

Aug 16, 2021
wtf, how
I was so surprised when I heard it in this update
Same! Jumped off my chair in surprise as I knew exactly what I was listening to. Based on the reactions seems everyone doubted this song's application. But Cari may have acknowledged my choice in scene soundtrack, although I missed my mark on the LI it was being used for unfortunately. Nonetheless, I am more than happy it was used. That scene and this song will now forever hit different.

chris-tucker-dance.gif

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The only reason we're different, is because we have an economy, and no longer only care about the most basic things.
Again: No

For one there are very different systems for different animals (mammals or otherwise). Humans wouldn't have males with a lot of females as breeding partners, because that wouldn't be feasible with how long our children take to grow up and how much attention they need. I mean most young animals can walk or run in a matter of days after birth, for humans it takes years (just as an example). So a harem wouldn't be a natural state for humans, because no male could support a bunch of females and their children on his own.

XnaVier

Apr 29, 2022
Alex's scene was top notch , damn thas was hot.
Calypso's story , was so cool to read. Like the look of the renders during that story.
And the plot continues to go well . 0.6 was clearly a good update. Thanks to Caribdis and his team to that.

Only "sad" note ... The next update will be on April/May ! That toooooooo far :eek: Luckily, Starfield is out in one month :D

Good week end to all , and forgive my bad English.
Why that long? Knowing his schedule shouldn't it be on Chirstmas?

Aimai

Jan 20, 2023
Same! Jumped off my chair in surprise as I knew exactly what I was listening to. Based on the reactions seems everyone doubted this song's application. But Cari may have acknowledged my choice in scene soundtrack, although I missed my mark on the LI it was being used for unfortunately. Nonetheless, I am more than happy it was used. That scene and this song will now forever hit different.

View attachment 2808175
I ended up adding the song to my playlist after you posted it, so I listened to it a few times and that's why I recognized it immediately. I'm also glad he ended up using it in the game cuz it's a really nice beat

• Red Heart
Reactions: Drakenite

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Why that long? Knowing his schedule shouldn't it be on Chirstmas?
No. first of all, he only gonna start working on the new episode after the official public release of the episode. that will be August 22. so likely, he only start working on 0.7 at the end of August, if we count 5 mounth for development, January is the earliest estimate . but we should not rule out any christmas break either, so I would assume a February is more likely chance, for the first version of 0.7
in short, see you in 2024 :LOL:

Reactions: Shadow4108

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Again: No

For one there are very different systems for different animals (mammals or otherwise). Humans wouldn't have males with a lot of females as breeding partners, because that wouldn't be feasible with how long our children take to grow up and how much attention they need. I mean most young animals can walk or run in a matter of days after birth, for humans it takes years (just as an example). So a harem wouldn't be a natural state for humans, because no male could support a bunch of females and their children on his own.
I partly agree there, it would not be sustainable for us on a large scale (ie: the main way to reproduce), not only because of what you stated, but also because throughout history, many harems included family members as well.
But, what I'm trying to convey, is that any man with enough power/resources, will naturally try to create a harem, or swap partners like they change socks.

The only thing I am trying to convey, is that it is a natural reaction to want to have as many female partners as possible for a male :) Harems simply happens to be the most time saving way, as you can get a lot more younger and fertile females within a much smaller time frame. Otherwise, you'll have to do a Leonardo, and dump them once they get a bit too old, but essentially, you're wasting years that way.

For females, while it remains true to want to have kids for the vast majority of them, having multiple partners serves little purpose, since they can only get pregnant once every year or so (probably a bit less even since they'd usually want to rest in between.)

So yes, Harems are a power trip to some extent, but it is only driven by the natural urge for men to try and have kids.

Hope I explained myself better there, I'm not implying Harems would be the "best way" to propagate our species :)

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Yes and no.

It is a bit deeper than that. Normal men have the innate desire to procreate. Having more than one female, ensures higher chances of heirs/more heirs.

In nature, single life long partners, are an extremely rare thing. Most mammals/animals, fuck as soon as it is heat season. Humans are different in that, since we've got a morality based societies, with various opinions and culture on that. In some culture having multiple wives, is completely normal. For the males, it usually brings both standing, and heirs. For females, a man able to sustain several women and kids, is usually a good bet as far as needs and safety goes.

You've also got to add the fact that not everyone is a good breeding candidate as well. The weakest males, will usually have a much tougher time getting laid. Mankind is once again different in that aspect, since weak men can become powerful if they've got enough money. We're probably the only mammals were the weak can actually strive and reproduce.

But, this also means that having multiple partners, is fairly normal if the weak ones ain't getting as much, since more partners are available, the strongest male will have to breed them as well, otherwise your species would decline pretty quickly, unless like humans, you allow the weakest to reproduce as well.

So no, harems aren't really a "power trip", it's more akin to a natural effect for the species propagation :)
Sure, it's sexually arousing, but anything arousing you sexually, is in essence, designed to help propagate the species and breed better/more often.

One could make an argument that cuckhold/sharing fetishes, is an adaptation of this as well. The weakest men leaving stronger ones breed their females, because they innhately know it's better for the species as a whole. Maybe a bit far fetched, but when you see how weak most men are today, and how much this trend since to be increasing, it's difficult not to believe it to be at the very least, a possibility.
Very nice read, and I actually agree with everything you said, I should have been clearer in that, I think harem games appeal to that nature, but are way too easy, no challenges whatsoever, a 'power trip/fantasy' in that the player has every girl fawn in front of him, they are 'his', usually without doing anything other than being there, and usually MCs are good looking, smart and charming, and/or have a godly cock, and/or girls have no real depth other than to please the 'alpha male'.

Nothing to do with real life, especially not with the state of our 'civilized world'. A quote I like, 'Strong men create good times, good times create weak men, weak men create hard times, hard times create strong men.' We're right in the middle, that's why those harem games are that appealing to many people, they live their fantasies in them cause they of course can't in the real world.

Now, would I like to have a harem surround me in real life ? The animal part of me would obviously say yes, but the moral part wouldn't, and I need that bit of 'realism' (as much as there can be in an AVN) in the games I play. Or, they need to be very well-written, and have character development, not just a bland meet'n fuck type I'll easily forget.

I'd say that's why I love Caribdis games, cause while it contradicts my moral stance, the writing and development parts (which are what I look for the most in AVNs, believe it or not, 'I play for the story') are great, on top of the very refined renders he treats us with.

Just in case, I don't want to offend anyone here, cause Eternum is fucking awesome, and Caribdis is a cool dude who clearly loves what he does.

4.80 star(s) 919 Votes