Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Given the default name and Nova mentioning said default name as her impression on his costume back in 0.5, "The Huntsman" seems to be a lot more fitting for Orion...but that's just my opinion on the matter. /shrugs
As someone who always renames the MCs out of habit, and didn't make enough of the mythological connections until well into the game, and is old, I went with a name inspired by his transformation, nostalgia, and a lack of actually remembering what it was like to experience the thing that spawned the name ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Not to mention the hardware costs that you have to incur in order to get things running in the same pace he's currently doing (as opposed to running HS2...which in itself doesn't really require a demanding system if most of what you're going to do is get stills for your VN and all). His schedule's also going to be hit hard if he ever switches to Daz3D and a lot of fans will have to adjust with the new release schedule accordingly.
Out of all the HS2 VN authors, Cari is probably one of the best if not THE best in terms of render quality, lighting and animation.
I'm not against DAZ games at all and I would assume that Caribdis could get REALLY good with it too, I'm just not sure if it's worth it. His HS games look amazing and he's comfortable using it. Never fix a running system.

hitmebaby

Apr 22, 2022
The uncanny valley effect is the first thing that come to my mind, others are the distortions of the body/faces ( that you can't always correct, this is especially evident when you use the old Genesis models).
These are the most important, followed by the overuse of standards assets ( mainly hairs but other physical assets are in the same league), and in general the fact that if you don't know how to use DAZ really well, renderings are less pleasant to the eye ( especially due to the fact that DAZ is way more demanding in terms of hardware when making the renders, so if you don't have a very good machine you can't use it to it's full extent).
But as I wrote it's a personal preference mostly, there are many other users that don't like HS/HS2 for the same reasons so take my "critique" if want to call it like that with a grain of salt.
If the story is good enough and the game is engaging I don't care which graphic software is used to make it I will play it regardless. :)
honey select only does anime shit

Oasis951

Aug 28, 2020
Given the default name and Nova mentioning said default name as her impression on his costume back in 0.5, "The Huntsman" seems to be a lot more fitting for Orion...but that's just my opinion on the matter. /shrugs
Right, nobody is gonna believe this. But in every H game I've played, I always names my character "Orion Ace" even before I played Eternum, so much so that I always named my character "Orion". It's made from my old nickname "Oasis" because "Orion Ace = O. Ace... which is similar to Oasis".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Xplove

Apr 9, 2023
Hi i have been having errors constantly in the artifact part story . the one I have shared is just the 1st one. I can't play this part in any way and progress.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2903, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2905, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2913, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2913, in <module>
NameError: name 'crimekey2' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script6.rpyc", line 2453, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 2009, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1997, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3057, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3693, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3693, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2905, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2913, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 2913, in <module>
NameError: name 'crimekey2' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.6.1693
Eternum 0.6
Wed Aug  2 15:23:31 2023
Hi
Can anyone please give any solution?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hi
Can anyone please give any solution?
I haven't seen anyone else having problems. Have you tried re-downloading and creating a clean install, then starting the chapter over in a clean install if that doesn't work?

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
yeah, i feel it coming x.x, always a plot to give us anxiety crisis for a new ep, but i still love u, dear saddist dev.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Oh, and i have a third hope:

Hope n°3: to see william Bardot fucked for good, possibly around patch 0.7 or 0.8.

Fucked really bad. And if possible even painfully.

4.80 star(s) 933 Votes