Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some theorists from Cari's Discord think he might get one as a final weapon. Also a crossbow with explosive bolts is the bane of the walking dead...perfect for someone like Thanatos (lol). And with his speed he could just hit-and-run the fucker if he so chooses.
You know why he's obsessed with the crossbow...

• Haha
Reactions: Dorfnutter

misterandy33

Jun 27, 2022
Thanatos refused the amulet no?
Depends on the Founder's meaning of "the others." Does that refer to other versions/reincarnations of Orion? Or does it actually, as Orion thinks, refer to other players (i.e. Thanatos)? Personally, I think it refers to the "Orions", because I find it mildly suspicious that all of the other "first 6 Gems of Doom owners" refused the offer. And if the offer was not made to the other Gems of Doom owners, what other logical or reasonable explanation would explain why Orion is special enough to warrant a personal visit/offer from the Founder?

---
Nova
[Pretorians are] tougher than most, but they can die just like any other player or AI of Eternum. The only two people with immunity are Idriel and the Founder himself. Not even the senior managers of Ulysses are protected.
Probably already on Dorfnutter's corkwall, but I believe still important to reinforce.

---
But I guess we'll probably find out more of [Thanatos'] story in Chapter 6.
Welp... I guess not. That didn't age well. :(

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
And if the offer was not made to the other Gems of Doom owners, what other logical or reasonable explanation would explain why Orion is special enough to warrant a personal visit/offer from the Founder?
I just chalked it up to "100% compatibility" and didn't think any harder than that about it.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Depends on the Founder's meaning of "the others." Does that refer to other versions/reincarnations of Orion? Or does it actually, as Orion thinks, refer to other players (i.e. Thanatos)? Personally, I think it refers to the "Orions", because I find it mildly suspicious that all of the other "first 6 Gems of Doom owners" refused the offer. And if the offer was not made to the other Gems of Doom owners, what other logical or reasonable explanation would explain why Orion is special enough to warrant a personal visit/offer from the Founder?
Yeah the Founder more probably than not means the past incarnations/loops of the MC he interacted with, several obscure hints are given that the MC has already made this journey more than once through the game, this one being just one more of them: Idriel is a constantly reminding the MC to make "this time" the right one, that beggar in the roman-esque server says that "the others" didn't do that if you don't give him change, Luna not being able to see his future with her ability... seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the MC dies at some point in the story and have a massive infodump about his true nature and the past loops explained by either Idriel or a past version of himself.

Reactions: TemIIx and Elhemeer

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Perhaps the speed with which Orion obtained one sets him apart? He was still a relatively new player. That might feasibly get the Founder's attention.
Also, where you state that the 1st 6 finders were visited, maybe all 10 owners will get visited?
Which number did Orion obtain? 7th?

Reactions: whichone

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017

perhaps he did, but that would make explaining his immortality later on very tedious (from a writing standpoint) so I just go with the easy road right now to make things a bit simpler on my head :")
Not necessarily. You can chalk it up as him becoming an NPC but he could've been the "literally too angry to be controlled" type that he broke his programming and such. Or the theory about him working with William is true and that it was the latter who broke that control and made him an offer he couldn't refuse (maybe a way to give himself a permanent death, or letting Thanatos do whatever the hell he wanted under William's rule in Eternum, that kind of shit), though given Thanny's personality I won't be surprised if such an alliance gets unraveled in the end and William himself gets killed in the real or backstabbed by Thanny in Eternum (leading to William's excommunication).

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
Also depends on if you think he's telling the truth. MC did hear a voice that told him not to believe his lies.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Have you SEEN how many posts have been made today? Even for Eternum, it's a bit daunting after an 8-hour work day ...
That's true. Kinda blew up for some reason even by this thread's standards (even more so considering it's not because someone's complaining about something or it's because of a pointless debate...like why this game needs incest or something) lol.

Because of that I reached my reaction limit for the first time, that's something
Yeah same (still limited I think. could only react one at a time. maybe it's on a timer? I dunno.)

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
Yeah same (still limited I think. could only react one at a time. maybe it's on a timer? I dunno.)
Don't know how it works but when it happened, I fell kind of "powerless" (please Elhemeer keep fighting against this limit, now I know why you created your emoji-sentence)

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: hu lover

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Because of that I reached my reaction limit for the first time, that's something
Feel free to join me in the F.A.R.L. Side ;-)

Code:
[B][I][COLOR=rgb(250, 197, 28)][SIZE=2]*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" ([/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B][URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/f-a-r-l.169751/'][B][I][COLOR=rgb(250, 197, 28)][SIZE=2]Fappers Against Reaction Limits[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B][/URL][B][I][COLOR=rgb(250, 197, 28)][SIZE=2])*[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B]
;) *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Feel free to join me in the F.A.R.L. Side ;-)

Code:
[B][I][COLOR=rgb(250, 197, 28)][SIZE=2]*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" ([/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B][URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/f-a-r-l.169751/'][B][I][COLOR=rgb(250, 197, 28)][SIZE=2]Fappers Against Reaction Limits[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B][/URL][B][I][COLOR=rgb(250, 197, 28)][SIZE=2])*[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I][/B]
;) *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*
:unsure: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

4.80 star(s) 919 Votes