Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Also, despite making the joke about how could someone be blue balled after Alex's marathon, what really throws me off is that so many people that play a story-rich game like this (or similarly games that are rich in character development, even if the "plot" is less important) complain about the fact that their favorite character STILL hasn't lost their MC virginity (or that their favorite character didn't lose their virginity to the MC, but that's another subject altogether).
To be clear, I'm not complaining that Annie hasn't lost her virginity yet. What I was complaining about was that the scene with her felt shorter and less fulfilling compared to her Andromeda scene and I wished it continued further into...something, I dunno, maybe a kind of early penetration scene perhaps that may or may not involve Orion's salami (or at the very least a sort of "just the tip" scene or a dildo scene or something, since she and Orion are supposed to be prepping for the full course eventually)? Doesn't have to go all the way, even something akin to Nancy's scene back in Semper Invicta (where they get interrupted by someone like Carolyn since she's still in the room after all...or Annie getting cold feet all of a sudden) would've worked.

But again, that's just my opinion on the matter. /shrugs

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
To be clear, I'm not complaining that Annie hasn't lost her virginity yet. What I was complaining about was that the scene with her felt shorter and less fulfilling compared to her Andromeda scene and I wished it continued further into...something, I dunno, maybe a kind of early penetration scene perhaps that may or may not involve Orion's salami (or at the very least a sort of "just the tip" scene or a dildo scene or something, since she and Orion are supposed to be prepping for the full course eventually)? Doesn't have to go all the way, even something akin to Nancy's scene back in Semper Invicta (where they get interrupted by someone like Carolyn since she's still in the room after all...or Annie getting cold feet all of a sudden) would've worked.

But again, that's just my opinion on the matter. /shrugs
Wasn't that the first time she really got...active herself though? I thought the build-up was pretty good and...I mean...you have her promise now. :ROFLMAO:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Wasn't that the first time she really got...active herself though? I thought the build-up was pretty good and...I mean...you have her promise now. :ROFLMAO:
Well yeah. But again, when you compare it to the Andromeda scene and the other stuff that happened in this patch (i.e. the Alex scene) it felt...

...ah fuck it...

...it felt like a downgrade. All of it. The music (I'm sorry, but compared to the one used in Andromeda it just didn't work for me), the scene composition, the overall mood. It all felt lacking and some sort of extra escalation would've at least salvaged it in my opinion.

There, I said it. I told myself I wasn't going to be too harsh with that scene but fuck it. -_-

Feb 21, 2023
...where they get interrupted by someone like Carolyn since she's still in the room after all...
Warning: Shower thoughts ahead...
Don't know if this has been added to the Everestian pile of crackpot theories yet, but what if, considering the possibility that abilities from Eternum can also be used on earth, Carolyn is someone in a state of transformation like the ones Alex can use?
Food for thought. I should step out of the shower now...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Warning: Shower thoughts ahead...
Don't know if this has been added to the Everestian pile of crackpot theories yet, but what if, considering the possibility that abilities from Eternum can also be used on earth, Carolyn is someone in a state of transformation like the ones Alex can use?
Food for thought. I should step out of the shower now...
Like Peter Pettigrew from "The Prisoner of Azkaban?" Ehhh, I dunno...I'd sooner believe that if Orion was the one with the pet and not the Carters considering he's the one that's at the center of every batshit insanity that's been happening in the story so far. Far more likely that Carolyn is a normal cat but is somewhat aware of what's happening to Orion given the .

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Well yeah. But again, when you compare it to the Andromeda scene and the other stuff that happened in this patch (i.e. the Alex scene) it felt...

...ah fuck it...

...it felt like a downgrade. All of it. The music (I'm sorry, but compared to the one used in Andromeda it just didn't work for me), the scene composition, the overall mood. It all felt lacking and some sort of extra escalation would've at least salvaged it in my opinion.

There, I said it. I told myself I wasn't going to be too harsh with that scene but fuck it. -_-
The advantage of me not really caring about how far or...not far...the scenes go. And for me it certainly felt like another step forward for Annie, especially if the MC let her find her own rhythm.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

...ah fuck it...

Hey man, there's nothing wrong in your opinion.
When you're so invested in a character you always want the best for them, and when you see that's not happening in your eyes, and that the scene with them could have been better it's absolutely understandable to talk about it.
I appreciated the scene with Annie, but now that I've had enough time to process all the update I must say that I agree with you, it could have been better, it felt a little rushed ( a little like with the Cluedo part that was good but, imho, could have been something more).
I mean in it's entirety the episode is fantastic, but in my opinion maybe it should have been split in two parts to give justice to all the content Cari thought out, and this is the first time that I say " I've seen a lot of content but not everything was developed properly".
And that was the risk I feared for Cari; having so many things in mind and trying to put them all together in the game, that at some point he had to rush them because of the dead lines and the necessity to deliver the content.
The only difference is that this was due to an overabundant amount of content so at least we didn't waited months for a poor and short update, but the sensation that some parts were shortened is there, oh well it's still a great content so I will stop there with the "complain" sorry for the wall of writing.

I can only be grateful to Cari for this gem, I still can't believe that everything is true considering how stunning the game has been until now, it looks like a dream to have so much to play and at this level of quality, the bar is so high that I don't know how he will trump it the next time ( though I'm sure he will surprise us 'till the end). :) :) :)

P.S. To all of you this only my humble opinion, so take it for what it is, I've never been one to consider myself an indisputable authority, as some other users believe (thankfully not in this thread at least for now) and I won't start doing that now.;):):)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

...ah fuck it...

*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The advantage of me not really caring about how far or...not far...the scenes go. And for me it certainly felt like another step forward for Annie, especially if the MC let her find her own rhythm.
I care less about the "winning" side of it all and more about the storytelling aspect of the scenes. To me, the Andromeda scene felt perfect because it told the story that was supposed to happen during the "Run Boy Run" incident. There, their tender moment was basically ruined by somewhat raging hormones and a guy who may have been too horny for his own good (but it was fine since it established that it was a "emotions were high, both weren't thinking straight, it was all about the moment...and hormones...horny hormones..." kind of affair). The Andromeda scene rectified that by putting them in a more relaxed state where they could finally be a lot more honest with one another. Everything that happened after was a perfect balance between lewdness and intimacy, with both baring themselves truthfully to one another (without the raging hormones fucking it all up).

Which was why I felt their scene in 0.6 was kind of a regression. Once again, Orion had to take in the reigns at the beginning to coax Annie out of her shell and be truthful to her desires (even though the scene in Andromeda established that they're going to be truthful to one another). Once again, they're "exploring" one another like in Andromeda, but this time it feels like they're still hovering in some sort of wall that they supposedly overcame back in that scene. Granted, maybe Annie is still afraid to cross that threshold, but that just weakens the overall theme of this scene - which is Annie taking the initiative - in my opinion because it spends the first 2/3rds of the scene repeating what they did in Andromeda. It would've been better had Annie taken the initiative at the beginning, which would show that she has grown from their last tender moment together.

Which was why I thought the escalation was needed. Had that "2/3rds repeat of Andromeda" thing I mentioned not happened, then yes, fine, no escalation necessary. Scene would've done its job, things would've been fine. But no, from a storytelling perspective it didn't move the needle significantly, we're still basically extending the Andromeda scene, not move past that and go beyond or grow out of it. Instead we'll have to wait until 0.8 to see Annie truly blossom into what she's meant to be.

So no, it's not about wanting to see my favorite girl go to pound town. It's about the fact that I had major expectations that their scene this update will go beyond what was presented in Andromeda, both from a storytelling and presentation perspective. Instead, what we got was another small step for Annie, I suppose. Woopdedoo.

Anyway, that's simply my honest opinion on the matter. You can disagree or argue, I don't mind. To be clear though, I don't hate Cari for it, he obviously had a lot on his plate with this update (the Collector whodunit and the many paths and resolutions to that likely took quite a lot of time to do, as well as the wild west stuff and Caly's backstory and Alex's scene), and the scene in question still was fine overall in a "not great, not terrible" sort of way.

I suppose I just had too much expectations on the matter after Andromeda, so it's a "me" problem I suppose. /shrugs

Reactions: Dylan741

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
And that was the risk I feared for Cari; having so many things in mind and trying to put them all together in the game, that at some point he had to rush them because of the dead lines and the necessity to deliver the content.
I feel like the Collector whodunit and him getting sick supposedly during the course of 0.6's development were the things that did him in this update. Had it not been for that the rest of the update likely would've gotten a bit more love I think. But regardless, the main objectives (i.e. move the story forward, reveal significant lore stuff for theorists to chew on for months, set up events for next update, have significant lewd scenes) were still accomplished.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArDZer and Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I feel like the Collector whodunit and him getting sick supposedly during the course of 0.6's development were the things that did him in this update. Had it not been for that the rest of the update likely would've gotten a bit more love I think. But regardless, I suppose the main objectives (i.e. move the story forward, reveal significant lore stuff for theorists to chew on for months, set up events for next update, have significant lewd scenes) were still accomplished.
Yeah it's more than possible I had the same impression, with a story so complex in terms of lore, having the need to keep the balance with the romantic counterparts and also with the hurdle of having a rigid schedule for the releases, even the smaller hiccup occurring in the development can lead to issues.
Also considering his work ethics I know he pushed trough to deliver anyway ( despite him having the health issue) so the update was great like I said, just a little bit "rough" on some edges.
And I'm sorry to even talk about these (few) flaws, because with all the efforts he's putting into the game and the insane amount of content we see every updates, it seems like I'm badmouthing him... And I feel bad for that, and I don't want to look like I'm ungrateful with him. -_- T_T

Reactions: Dorfnutter

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
And I'm sorry to even talk about these (few) flaws, because with all the efforts he's putting into the game and the insane amount of content we see every updates, it seems like I'm badmouthing him... And I feel bad for that, and I don't want to look like I'm ungrateful with him. -_- T_T
I mean, people are still allowed to point out what needs to be improved while acknowledging the effort that was done. It's not bashing or badmouthing, far from it.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I mean, people are still allowed to point out what needs to be improved while acknowledging the effort that was done. It's not bashing or badmouthing, far from it.
Thank you, and yes that's my idea as well, as long as you present your opinions in a civil way without being rude and being specific on what it's the things you think that could be improved and keeping supporting the author morally ( and financially whenever it's possible) it's always a positive things to do.
But, there's always a but, and that's occur when you see an author like Cari ( and other that I will not name here) that always deliver tons of content, with hours of gameplay, with really higher quality story that I feel the guilt anyway when I'm in these situations, I can't do anything about it I cheer so much for them that I can't shake this feeling.
Eh, it's a human thing so there's nothing I can do about it I think, just try to deal with it and keep my opinion as polite and supportive as possible whenever I feel there's a critique to do, in hope it can be of some help for them.:):)

foshep

Apr 16, 2022
I thought it was really funny coincidence that this was the trench warfare update, while in the midst of Ukraine's offensive against Russian trenches & minefields.

But then Alex mentions Wagner Group as one of the factions?

Jesus Christ Caribdis has an uncanny knack for knowing exactly what the player is thinking. (Or maybe just me; I'm still pissed about Luna's 20 questions game.)

Edit: "Loyalty doesn't seem to be your faction's forte."
God. Fucking. Dammit. Caribids.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuisD and bobrovnik

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I thought it was really funny coincidence that this was the trench warfare update, while in the midst of Ukraine's offensive against Russian trenches & minefields.

But then Alex mentions Wagner Group as one of the factions?

Jesus Christ Caribdis has an uncanny knack for knowing exactly what the player is thinking. (Or maybe just me; I'm still pissed about Luna's 20 questions game.)
Just an unfortunate coincidence considering that Wagner is named after one of his high-tier patreons (same with Akira last update).

Reactions: Salviocass99

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Just an unfortunate coincidence considering that Wagner is named after one of his high-tier patreons (same with Akira last update).
Yes, very unfortunate. Though it's very clear there is nothing political behind the name.

Feb 21, 2023
I can only be grateful to Cari for this gem, I still can't believe that everything is true considering how stunning the game has been until now, it looks like a dream to have so much to play and at this level of quality, the bar is so high that I don't know how he will trump it the next time ( though I'm sure he will surprise us 'till the end). :) :) :)

P.S. To all of you this only my humble opinion, so take it for what it is, I've never been one to consider myself an indisputable authority, as some other users believe (thankfully not in this thread at least for now) and I won't start doing that now.;):):)
We really are snobs "complaining" about these little things, but maybe that is just because they stand out more in the middle of so much glorious goodness. I would personally be totally fine with adjusted update schedules to fit everything Caribdis wants to do, the dude just knows best.
And personally I am actively overlooking these "I would have liked a quantum more right here" moments because yes, they are there but the level the rest of the update (and game) is at cannot possibly be maintained throughout. Its just so damn good.

And like, no one will think you or the rest of us here are badmouthing him, all criticism is fair and nothing is ever perfect (except for the final update, I am almost scared of how much work Caribdis is gonna put into that...)

Btw I have no idea why anyone would think of you as an "indisputable authority"....
Official Forum Fanatic, Archbishop and Lord Inquisitor of the Church of Nova etc etc :Kappa::p

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
We really are snobs "complaining" about these little things, but maybe that is just because they stand out more in the middle of so much glorious goodness. I would personally be totally fine with adjusted update schedules to fit everything Caribdis wants to do, the dude just knows best.
And personally I am actively overlooking these "I would have liked a quantum more right here" moments because yes, they are there but the level the rest of the update (and game) is at cannot possibly be maintained throughout. Its just so damn good.

And like, no one will think you or the rest of us here are badmouthing him, all criticism is fair and nothing is ever perfect (except for the final update, I am almost scared of how much work Caribdis is gonna put into that...)

Btw I have no idea why anyone would think of you as an "indisputable authority"....
Official Forum Fanatic, Archbishop and Lord Inquisitor of the Church of Nova etc etc :Kappa::p
ROTFL! you got me at the end!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jokes part yes, once you get to have a work of this level you somehow are "spoiled" by the quality that when there's a drop in that same quality you immediately emphasise it, not with bad intentions ( at least not me) but because you know what the author can do, so it's more of a way to help him keeping his high standards.
But yes, when it happens you should try to understand that it's not always possible to keep on indefinitely so overlooking some things considering the whole amount of the work is a good philosophy.
And yeah considering what will be the end is something that left me with shaking wrists, because I know it will be something truly remarkable because Cari will finish with the fireworks for sure.

And about the indisputable authority weeelll......
That's how I think the other users see me honestly....
anya.gif

4.80 star(s) 918 Votes