Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
So based on this timeline is safe to assume that the events of OIALT happen almost 20 years before Eternum?

Based on how many kids the OIAL MC could have had with all 7 LIs, wherever they are it's probably a whole village inhabited only by them XD.
I want to somehow believe that they moved to America under the request of Pres. Stabb, and after that the man signed a law that legalized polygamous marriage as a gesture of goodwill to the OIAL MC, and that we'll learn of that law sometime in the future when the harem starts talking about the legalities of their current predicament.

(Look, I know it's a pipe dream...but a man can dream, alright?! DX)

Feb 21, 2023
So based on this timeline is safe to assume that the events of OIALT happen almost 20 years before Eternum?

Based on how many kids the OIAL MC could have had with all 7 LIs, wherever they are it's probably a whole village inhabited only by them XD.
The more important implication is of course that children of this harem are potentially old enough to be characters in Eternum...
That would not be in violation of Cari's earlier statement imo. Not a direct cameo of any kind. I don't know either Dorfnutter's brain is contagious or there might be something more to Eva even without the Syndicate stuff. We are seeing quite a bunch of her, more than Maat that's for sure.

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
One thing that I had on my mind, now that timeline was created in Discord would be IG's existence in 2034/2035 (which is surprising, at least to me tbh), since some news reports irl were a bit premature in giving that platform a death date.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I guess that's the drawback of using IRL companies's/plateform's name on your game, you don't know what'll happen in the future and you don't know if it will still exist or not once you finish the game. I'm sure by the end of Eternum that won't be the only change Caribdis will have to do on IRL ref (be it IG or another one ):unsure:

Cari: "Well that didn't age well...I know! Let's change the quiz questions to another batch of pop culture references that are not going to age well! Yeah, it's not like Twitter will ever be in danger of going the way of Friendster or MySpace, or that Elon Musk will get upstaged again in the year when Eternum takes place! No siree!"

(Okay, okay, that's enough sarcasm from me I suppose)
You're in a pungent mood because this is about a quiz, no? :LOL:

Last edited:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
The more important implication is of course that children of this harem are potentially old enough to be characters in Eternum...
That would not be in violation of Cari's earlier statement imo. Not a direct cameo of any kind. I don't know either Dorfnutter's brain is contagious or there might be something more to Eva even without the Syndicate stuff. We are seeing quite a bunch of her, more than Maat that's for sure.
Could work, but I don't recall what the surname of OIAL's protagonist was, so there's that.

Also Eva likely isn't a product of the OIAL crew as she looks just about the same age as Orion (if older then likely just as old as Nova or Penny). And he and the harem were already kids around the time of OIAL so...no dice there.

...Unless she's younger than she looks. But...that just means...

/hears sirens blaring from a distance

...ah fuck.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
That's the drawback of using IRL companies's/plateform's name/on your game, you don't know what'll happen in the future and you don't know if it will still exist or not once you finish the game (especially in our time where everything changes even faster than before). :unsure:
In one of Heinlein's books the MC graduates school on Earth and is packing to return home to Mars or Venus and makes a mental note to be sure and bring his sliderule. :)

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Wait so Cari doesn't want a direct cameo from OIALT in Eternum???
Bummer...

if only we could meet a character inside Eternum we've never seen, only for it to say something along the lines of:

"Have you ever heard of the Sons of Astaroth?"

then Orion goes: "Weren't they some kind of cult that was supposedly around some years ago?"

and the character goes: "Yes they were actually real and did try to take over the world but my father managed to defeat them, then he had to disappear for some time. Took his 7 women with him and all"

Orion: "Wow that's pretty damn amaz... wait a second, did you say he has 7 women?"

Character: "Yep, 7 women, i kinda have 7 mothers and so many siblings i can't even count!"

Orion: "YOU HAVE 7 MOTHERS???"

Theen before he can go in more detail, Calypso randomly teleports Orion away to unknown places.

Now thats just my idea for a cameo.

And in Dorfnutter's wise words: (Look, I know it's a pipe dream...but a man can dream, alright?! DX)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
"Yes that guy right there."
View attachment 2880622
All materials displayed in this post are owned by holy church of Nova as part of Nova's Bible and copying, spreading or otherwise duplicating the contents is not only permitted but forcibly mandated from the moment of viewing. Violation of this mandate will result in immediate disciplinary or inquisitorial action which includes but is not limited to praising Nova, replaying Eternum (again), praising Nova (again) or getting spanked with a pan.
Why is she holding a cheap-ass dollar store pan instead of a proper cast iron pan? I mean that thing has no heft, no mass, no impact potential. I bet it even has non-stick coating, but that takes decades to cause harm to someone.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Why is she holding a cheap-ass dollar store pan instead of a proper cast iron pan? I mean that thing has no heft, no mass, no impact potential. I bet it even has non-stick coating, but that takes decades to cause harm to someone.
Sorry, it's my fault when I made that image I just used the first stock image with a pan I found on internet I didn't search for a more accurate material, I was too enthusiast for founding a model that was the living embodiment of our Red Goddess and wasn't too focused on all the details.
The next picture will be more accurate, I promise. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
My theory? She's a daughter of OIALT MC and Aiko.
Orion: Look, officers, I swear I didn't know she was 13-14 years old! If you want to arrest someone, arrest her former employer-

/gets shoved in a police car and hauled to jail
Edit: Added Context as to why she's 13-14 if she's the OIAL MC's kid

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
/'Nam flashbacks on every single fucking quiz section in OIAL

...yes.

Theyre rebranding as ILLGAMES, and have already announced a new game, Honeycomb. Idk how much legal copyright they'd have over Illusion Soft IPs, but the studio isnt dead yet.

I don't think so I mean it's a Wild West Server and we know a "star" is most likely a symbol of a Sheriffs so I think Dalia doesn't have any secret agendas with the Syndicate.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Calypso: You got POOR on me... I can't believe you got POOR on me...

*Vaporizes Mr Accident*

Me: ... Still would...

DEFINITELY would...

.... FUCKIN' WORTH IT!

Last edited:

Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
War? This is some kind of joke. I laughed. But from cringe. Like, wtf, Wagner??? Dude, why? Though nowadays I am joking that Caribdis predicted the death of the head of Wagner...
The name "Wagner" is in reference to one of his highest patreon(who has very good taste as you can see) :
1693109946720.png
Not in relation with real life events.

Last edited:

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
The name "Wagner" is in reference to one of his highest patreon(who has very good taste as you can see) :
View attachment 2882056
So that's why Colonel Wagner had an "interesting" fixation with cat girls, as mentioned by the Hunstman back at the bunker. It's in the user name for everyone to see. Good to know, I suppose. :whistle:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
View attachment 2882056
So that's why Colonel Wagner had an "interesting" fixation with cat girls, as mentioned by the Hunstman back at the bunker. It's in the user name for everyone to see. Good to know, I suppose. :whistle:

4.80 star(s) 918 Votes