ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Annie deemed so useless that people even forget her actual name. :HideThePain:

(Don't worry Annie you'll...you'll get your chance to shine soon, I'm...I'm sure of it. :HideThePain:)
Poor Annie can only take in so much. If that happened in Eternum, she'll probably go nuclear on whoever got her name wrong and that entire server (plus all the other stuff that's also happened to her would serve as fuel to her rage). Wonder what she'll do if that happened irl however. :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
First of all, it's Annie, not Amy.
Thanks, i couldn't recall her name properly.
Second, Annie would likely think that the situation is more dreadful than scary, considering that Orion likely told her that the dead are "digitized" in Eternum (as he thinks that's the case when he mentions it to Calypso), the latter likely thinking that they're just copies of the dead rather than, y'know, the literal dead which the story heavily hints that they are.
"likely" isn't the same as for sure... What's sure is that her friends are overprotecting her in combat situations as she is a magical caster and she was like making a remembrance of Konosuba's Megumin like explosion... Why we wouldn't think that knowing the most possible nature of all NPC around Eternum are as you mentioned "digitized" copies of dead persons will not scare her?, of course, she would think is dreadful once she rationalize the overall situation to do something about it, but at first her impression would be that she was interacting this whole time with a spooky game.
Third, the skip is warranted as there's not exactly anything to do after the investigation on Wyatt and following Orion to the UK and making an update solely about him might not go well with a majority of Caribdis' patreons and readers who are in it for the girls as much as they are in it for the story. Not to mention if an Orion-focused update is in the cards, then Cari likely won't waste it on Orion's sudden trip to the UK and would focus it on something more substantial (like the true nature of his powers and/or his unexplained ties to Calypso and/or Idriel and/or the dead of Eternum).
Granted that most accustomed fan base expecting fap material would be pissed, it is what it is, but i not agree that there wasn't exactly anything to do, as far we know more about the girls, less from Orion's family, even less from his most close personal friends as Annie and Chang families, much less about the impressions Orion's appearance after coming back would think and act on him his ex-companions students nor his overall interaction in Eternum training time, less what other things Orion discover from his OP skill (it's a free green light to come with whatever Caribdis want that OP skill does).
Fourth, no, Cari does not want to end this quick as he has already said a while back that this story is going to be longer than OIAL.

View attachment 2940075
I saw that before, but after playing this update, i think that Caribdis choose 12 over 20 updates, as many things have evolved, uncover and confirmed from different source characters in the game in just one single update, then could be rest just 6 updates more, that's what i felt in this update.
What he is doing, however, is likely pacing himself to focus more on Orion's time in finding the gems, uncovering the mysteries of Eternum, and establishing his relationship with the members of the harem (and getting thrown into random shenanigans that he and the girls find themselves in in the process). He only does 2 updates per year as his sched dictates after all, so he has to make those updates count to where it matters the most.
Well, yeah of course i understand that, but still this update i felt it rushed, sorry.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Why we wouldn't think that knowing the most possible nature of all NPC around Eternum are as you mentioned "digitized" copies of dead persons will not scare her?
Because they're still rationalizing that everything is still a game and that there's likely some sort of logical explanation behind Ulysses' actions, dark as it may be. As such, Orion's rationalization that the dead are digitized falls under his belief that what he's likely interacting with are just that: some sort of copy of a dead person recreated by code, which sounds far less scary than learning that the NPCs are likely brainwashed spirits roaming around a world that Orion and co perceive to be "a game."

Granted that most accustomed fan base expecting fap material would be pissed, it is what it is, but i not agree that there wasn't exactly anything to do, as far we know more about the girls, less from Orion's family, even less from his most close personal friends as Annie and Chang families, much less about the impressions Orion's appearance after coming back would think and act on him his ex-companions students nor his overall interaction in Eternum training time, less what other things Orion discover from his OP skill (it's a free green light to come with whatever Caribdis want that OP skill does).
Would it be nice to learn more about Orion's life outside Kredon and seeing him training and improving his skills on his own and people interacting/taking note of it? Yes.

Will all of that in any way contribute to the overall plot and/or further his relationship with any of the girls, which is the entire point of this AVN? No.

I saw that before, but after playing this update, i think that Caribdis choose 12 over 20 updates, as many things have evolved, uncover and confirmed from different source characters in the game in just one single update, then could be rest just 6 updates more, that's what i felt in this update.
And yet we're still far from learning anything about the Syndicate, Orion's powers and its implied connection to Idriel, the state of Caly's people, Idriel's and/or the Lady in Black's true nature, what the Gems of Doom really are, why the dead are chained in Eternum, what the deal with the Weapons of Atlas actually is, what the true nature of Eternum really is and why dreamers are able to visit it even before the nerve implant was introduced to the public, what the Founder's true goals are and are they in any way related to Caly's recollection of the history of Anima, etc.

Add the potential plot hooks (i.e. Caly potentially crossing over into the real and her interactions with said world, the gang facing off against William and Ulysses in the real world) as well as much of the stuff that has yet to lead anywhere (i.e. the mysterious man at the Ulysses party, Eva's potential importance to the plot (considering that the walkthrough encourages us to sleep with her and thus set up any potential reunion with her in the future))...not to mention all of the lewd events that are yet to happen (we've only penetrated 2 of the 8 members of the harem, not to mention Cari said that each of the real world LIs is going to get a threesome scene (jury's still out if Caly is going to join in))...

...yeah I doubt he could wrap that all up in just 6 updates (unless he absolutely picks up the pace and focus more on the plot and less on any sort of recreational activity with the girls...which is unlikely to happen at this point).

Well, yeah of course i understand that, but still this update i felt it rushed, sorry.
I felt the opposite. If anything this update had some lore drops and implied confirmation of certain theories, but as far as major plot advancements are concerned we've hardly made a dent. Sure, we got one more gem, and potential leads to a few more, and the ending shows that William isn't one to sit around and let people do the dirty work for him. But other than that...not much happened. So I'm not sure where you got the idea that this update felt "rushed."

Last edited:
Reactions: TemIIx and Ellyx

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Because they're still rationalizing that everything is still a game and that there's likely some sort of logical explanation behind Ulysses' actions, dark as it may be. As such, Orion's rationalization that the dead are digitized falls under his belief that what he's likely interacting with are just that: some sort of copy of a dead person recreated by code, which sounds far less scary than learning that the NPCs are likely brainwashed spirits roaming around a world that Orion and co perceive to be "a game."
Perhaps, but as i imagining it they would restraint to tell her until confirmed the information to achieve the goal to "help them", and that would be a hilarious moment with Annie at first glance.
Would it be nice to learn more about Orion's life outside Kredon and seeing him training and improving his skills on his own and people interacting/taking note of it? Yes.
I agree.
Will all of that in any way contribute to the overall plot and/or further his relationship with any of the girls, which is the entire point of this AVN? No.
I disagree, because they could still meet in Eternum and develop their relationship even when they are at distance, besides, in every meet over Eternum they could search for information about Ulysses, Idriel and all that stuff, damn pal, even Orion's could have to interact with the Eternumite community of UK to search for info in the real world, to then shared it with all the girls in Eternum, and could have been more sex inside of Eternum. Moreover, the lack of knowledge about the discovery extension of Orion's ability in his training can become in a plot device for the story when it's needed.
And yet we're still far from learning anything about the Syndicate, Orion's powers and its implied connection to Idriel, the state of Caly's people, Idriel's and/or the Lady in Black's true nature, what the Gems of Doom really are, why the dead are chained in Eternum, what the deal with the Weapons of Atlas actually is, what the true nature of Eternum really is and why dreamers are able to visit it even before the nerve implant was introduced to the public, what the Founder's true goals are and are they in any way related to Caly's recollection of the history of Anima, etc.

Add the potential plot hooks (i.e. Caly potentially crossing over into the real and her interactions with said world, the gang facing off against William and Ulysses in the real world) as well as much of the stuff that has yet to lead anywhere (i.e. the mysterious man at the Ulysses party, Eva's potential importance to the plot (considering that the walkthrough encourages us to sleep with her and thus set up any potential reunion with her in the future))...not to mention all of the lewd events that are yet to happen (we've only penetrated 2 of the 8 members of the harem, not to mention Cari said that each of the real world LIs is going to get a threesome scene (jury's still out if Caly is going to join in))...

...yeah I doubt he could wrap that all up in just 6 updates (unless he absolutely picks up the pace and focus more on the plot and less on any sort of recreational activity with the girls...which is unlikely to happen at this point).
Well, most of the girls are in a relationship stage in which they could give themself to Orion as the hearts on their chart are very developed, in this update v0.6 part of the mystery was revealed and confirmed just by talking with the correct characters at their significant importance for the plot related to Ulysses, Eternum, the NPC and the ppl who died playing it. It would be hard to imagine, yes, but not impossible.
I felt the opposite. If anything this update had some lore drops and implied confirmation of certain theories, but as far as major plot advancements are concerned we've hardly made a dent. Sure, we got one more gem, and potential leads to a few more, and the ending shows that William isn't one to sit around and let people do the dirty work for him. But other than that...not much happened. So I'm not sure where you got the idea that this update felt "rushed."
Well, i hope for i'm mistaken. What you consider as "not much happened" is something that was just barely mentioned and not had to be the case. Iirc, regarding the Gems of Doom, Wyatt own 5 while Orion's team had 2, just three left for the inevitable struggle and open up what's waiting in the "Throne of Eternum".

Yvier the Duck

Dec 25, 2020
Sorry, but the time skip was BS, you all know it:

Is not the first time that a supposed event is timeskipped, but usually is because the real event is much better (Dalia's massages being made offscreen, for example). Going to class is boring, being alone in Luna's house or trapped in a pirate ship... is better.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I disagree, because they could still meet in Eternum and develop their relationship even when they are at distance, besides, in every meet over Eternum they could search for information about Ulysses, Idriel and all that stuff, damn pal, even Orion's could have to interact with the Eternumite community of UK to search for info in the real world, to then shared it with all the girls in Eternum, and could have been more sex inside of Eternum. Moreover, the lack of knowledge about the discovery extension of Orion's ability in his training can become in a plot device for the story when it's needed.
Orion's description of the trip makes your post simply wishful thinking tbh. It's quite clear from his words that he was mainly there to visit his grandparents and swinging by to Chang's and/or Annie's folks is just stuff he did likely to assure them that his friends are fine back in Kredon. Thus, the Eternum training is likely just stuff he managed to squeeze in during the trip, likely when he's back at his own home. Hardly enough time to interact with the girls if that's the case (not to mention the timezone differences), let alone swing by the Eternumite community in the UK.

So again, hardly something worth devoting a significant chunk of an update to.

Reactions: [VEN0M] and shucia

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Going to class is boring, being alone in Luna's house or trapped in a pirate ship... is better.
We should've gotten both. :whistle:

Seriously though, them talking about that weekend would be an important point in their relationship that we missed out on now. Like that little scene in the kitchen between Anna and Orion...small scenes like that can be very important.

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
We should've gotten both. :whistle:

Seriously though, them talking about that weekend would be an important point in their relationship that we missed out on now. Like that little scene in the kitchen between Anna and Orion...small scenes like that can be very important.

Eh, I feel like Cari is focusing less on the little moments and more on the highlights of the story with how he's been writing things so far...which IMO works given that he has to be a bit more economic with his dev time and to not fall back on one of the major issues with his last game (which was that there was just too much downtime and less of a main story to hold it together (which is fine if you like character building a lot more...but ngl I really thought the main story was an afterthought in that game until Asmo got the ball rolling)).

So yeah, Orion and Lina will likely have to wait until the New World visit before they could have some time to discuss stuff and shit...

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Admit it, you would actually go to school just for a small conversation with Luna...
You Lunatic :LUL:
Well...duh?! :ROFLMAO:

Then again: I hope we'll see them talk about what happened in 0.7.

Eh, I feel like Cari is focusing less on the little moments and more on the highlights of the story with how he's been writing things so far...which IMO works given that he has to be a bit more economic with his dev time and to not fall back on one of the major issues with his last game
Honestly I don't think so. We have a lot of small moments in the game, that progress characters and/or relationships. Like Alex and Dalia in the park, Ariel and Orion in the kitchen, Penny and Orion in the shower, Nova with her Manga and so on.

So yeah, Orion and Lina will likely have to wait until the New World visit before they could have some time to discuss stuff and shit...
You misspelled Ashley. :)

I'm also not sure, she will join Orion and Luna... :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b
4.80 star(s) 910 Votes