Ellyx

Apr 9, 2022
The points our esteemed Dorfnutter brought forward some pages back should make him imo an erudite in the Eternum thread.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Honestly I'm quite amazed at how much details he (and some of you here) can remember, it's definitely not me and my goldfish memory that could do that :HideThePain:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Maybe we should put "warning" on the thread saying:

Don't have an argument with Dorfnutter he'll sends you 9999 words essay and a bunch of research longer than every thesis you made....

And that's not the scariest part one thing you should know is he "never stops and never sleeps" because he's addicted to :coffee: (caffeine).
Maybe Dorfnutter is Dalli_x alter-ego :LOL:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
What?! i have wrote that a lot!, don't give me shit now :ROFLMAO:
I say this because you keep on harping about things that you want to happen that are never going to happen and no matter how much you want it to happen Cari's storytelling is not going to cater to you if it has not done so for the past 6 updates.

Yes, Cari focuses more on plot and LI relationship development over in-depth character development. Yes, Cari has done so at the expense of logical power progression because he is overly fixated in other things and likely doesn't give a shit because to him the positives (being able to cover a lot of worlds and scenarios with the plot-first pacing, using downtime chapters for LI progression of LIs being left out if needed) outweigh the negatives (characters get power ups and privileges that we see them earn quickly either because of plot or as a joke). No, it's bee 6 chapters and the man is running a tight ship so if he hasn't course-corrected now he likely never will because he has iterated in the past that he is anti-remakes. So what progression you see now is what you get and you will never see him remake or rework that unlike a certain dev who has fallen in the remake trap (coughOceancough).

If they are analogs by principle, you must prove that Orion's power up is given to him as Nancy's becoming in the new leader of the WRE was given to her by external force (as Orion's case could be Idriel or The Founder or his mysterious dad meanwhile Nancy's was Maximo) and that Orion have limitation in his power up as for Nancy was very clear that she can't push as the past leader of the WRE all of it's members or she will be overthrow given the chance.
You just answered your own bloody post by connecting Orion's power to Idriel, who he keeps seeing as of late (or at least we as an audience does) every time he activates his power.

Double standards? as you wrote this:

To then...

Seriously? :rolleyes:
...Did you even understood what I wrote or are you just purposefully being annoying?

Well if you just don't get what I said, fine: Eternum's writing is leagues better than OIAL because every event has something that contributes to the overall narrative. And yes, while said contributions could be miniscule, they are a welcome change as opposed to OIAL where most of the side activities with the LIs never loop back or contribute to the plot. This was highly noticeable in the beginning chapters of the game, where we only saw snippets of the main plot until 0.5 when a major character was introduced and served as "that guy who made MC and his stepsisters get their collective shit together and move the plot forward." But even with that said, most of the side activities with the LIs remain heavily disconnected to the plot (albeit they serve as a glimpse to what the life of the MC and the girls are like when they're not running around trying to put a stop to a cult hellbent on - you guessed it - ).

So yes, seeing Orion's life in the UK is nice to see. But as it's basically asking for a return to the kind of writing in OIAL where said kind of events ultimately were pointless and could've been scrapped for a more tightly-written narrative where every event actually contributed to the plot, then no, it's better off chucked out in favor of a timeskip (which I welcome).

Luna contrasted to Nova, you stated that Nova's eyes seems to work like some kind of supernatural power... Something related to magic, ok, assuming that premise, it would be a power with a negative effect in her body. What you are describing is how Luna's reacted after her mother's death and how she related that with the surge of her supernatural power, that kind of thing happened because of the lack of being properly guided in the way how she must live with that power of hers, the power is Luna is what it is, she decided to wear gloves, part of her behavior is her lack of preparation of how to respond to what her power shows her and that tends to make her be alone and others leave her alone. Get it?.
Sugarcoat it all you want. A drawback is a drawback. Everything else is just flavor text.

"negative effects on his body" like what? because in the end of v0.6 he seems more healthy than the average ppl (if u know what i mean :sneaky:).

Oh yeah, of course... The bleeding effect!, except for that he had some dreams since before enter Eternum that can't remember and that when he could remember something it was explained that many ppl had that for playing a hell lot, so in theory could be more Orion's like ppl with same power up if the correlation is true
Except the Andromeda tapes have revealed that people like the creators of Alien have been experiencing the "bleeding effect" even before the VRMMO was even released.

Hell, we even see a glimpse of that in action in OIAL. Which was set YEARS before the events of Eternum.

Lel_1.jpg
screenshot0010.png

And magic doesn't work as a plot convenience? If it wasn't by Gandalf ability to call the Eagles in some circumstance of the story the team would be fuck in the LoTR, don't you think?. Again, OIAL, alright, even if the Eternum is based on the same world as OIAL and in that game was saw as magic effectively exist, that's a thing, other is what OIAL ending officially correspond to the reality of Eternum, because not all of them support the statement that magic exist...

To put it to you more simple, if Orion's in the future have to decide what to believe in correspondence of the information he was given of the very nature of Eternum to follow that route, you as player may be doing a connection in which Eternum as a game will connect with all the endings where magic truly exist, if not, if the very nature of Eternum is something more related to something technological but so advance that looks to us like magic, then it will connect to the ending in which OIAL MC implied that all he experience was simulated.
Harem ending is the canon ending. Every other end is non-canon (although one of them has hinted that Caly could be more than just an AI elf princess inside a VRMMO).

Also if you're referring to the secret ending (which is the odd one out compared to the other ends), see my response below (the one at the very end of this long-ass post).

Well, Orion's is still thinking it's a game even after seems to be otherwise but, there is a psychological trick for that, or better said condition... Have you heard of the condition in which ppl who live at the instance of an immediate danger stays mostly calm while other who live nearby but not at the very center of it shows worry and some panic?. Because for the first group their brain seems to shutdown the fear of the possibly future tragedy because it is too painful to rationalize over it, too much to process. So, living smooth as possible rather to focus over his team and what's important to discover about all the weirdness that has happened over Eternum is better than accept that truth, even when we saw him talking about the abuse of the NPC, he felt sorry, but still it was so passive as there could be more ppl becoming in that sad state as Wyatt or Benjie, he just did what he could at the moment, but then again, he and the team focus over in the goal to the Gem of Dooms to be insanely rich ever after...
Imagine rationalizing a moment of horndogness by Orion - one that was obviously placed there by Cari as a gag moment - as a coping mechanism.

fcagh.jpg

And before he needed to near dying in Eternum, and later he had to be focused in the arena to make used of it... But all that stay in the past, because women and gentlemen i show you the new and better improved Orion v0.6, which have no issue in making use of his power up, moreover he comes with a plus as aftereffect buff on him, that he will not by any means leave a woman dissatisfied in bed, in fact, they will beg him to stop.

That's more or less what i saw in v0.6 :rolleyes:...
Read my response above that talks about potential negative effects that's happening to Orion's body that will likely bite him in the ass in the future.

As many ppl does, but between Orion to others, the later doesn't count with a power up that can be use at will

Mary Sue common traits:
  • The character is notably young.
  • The Mary Sue has a generally undefined personality.
  • Characters who are against Mary Sue, regardless of their alignment, are only so defined as antagonists.
  • Mary Sue can several times possess a power (supernatural, magical or other types) extraordinary or clearly superior to that of the rest of the characters. Because of this, or for no reason at all, she will be given preferential or special treatment within the story universe. Like Orion's claiming the Last Weapon of Atlas or his power up that saves him many times.
  • Mary Sue has some kind of striking talent, in Orion's case we can think of his way to explained his plan to his foes or how he seduce and fuck with ease...
  • In the same way, the Mary Sue does not have many defects, physical or character, and if she does, they will not be appreciated as such by the other characters and will make her stand out. As much Orion's is a cheater NTR the girls, they acknowledge, forgive and accept as he is desire by other women like them.
  • Sometimes, but not always, Mary Sue has an unusual eye color.
  • Several times, one or more characters will fall in love with Mary Sue and the author's favorite will end up with her. Likewise, the plot will take forced or unrealistic turns in order to fulfill the romance; An example is that if the character is already romantically linked to another, he himself will prefer the Mary Sue on his own initiative or due to the rejection (almost always poorly justified) of his partner. This is especially common in fanfictions featuring the author's favorite canon character. I think is easy for anyone elaborate giving Orion's harem.
  • Mary Sue has a tragic past, which may be similar to that of one of the protagonists (if she is not one of them) or even worse, and which will earn her the sympathy of others sometimes for free. Orion's case mom's left and his dad is full of shit, his grow in UK was tiny happiest compared in how he's experience now in Kredon.
  • In fanfictions, it will eventually be revealed that this character is related to one of the characters from the original story. (Ups! perhaps this needed to be as spoiler :geek:).
  • Characters can only change through Mary Sue's intervention. As the daughters of Nancy who eventually passed to never think with someone as him to later can't live without him.
-Gets absolutely bodied by Thanatos despite the use of his mysterious power. That alone already disqualifies him as a Gary Stu

-Has to progress his way through the girls by sweet talking them or being nice to them or going out of his way to show that he cares for them, and yet despite this he is often berated or made fun of by Alex, Dalia, Caly, and Penny instead of said people kissing his feet. Again, a strike against the idea of Orion being a Gary Stu

-Orion is by no means perfect. The man is dumb enough to not recognize or make a comment on the NPC at the Ulysses party being similar to Benjie, his horndogness is not an endearing trait, and he has a tendency to gloat at times when he shouldn't (see: him gloating at Garrington and Wagner after he got their respective gems). That's one more fucking strike

-The only changes Dalia and Penny went through is how they view Orion. At the end of the day, Dalia is still a musclehead who lost during the gym competition despite Orion's support and Penny is still a rising Instagram model who would've handled things on her own against that sleazy guy at the photo shoot. Compare that to Gary Stus who come in and significantly alter the lives of characters who had it bad since the beginning and completely turn it around

• Also in fanfiction, characters from the original story will undergo striking changes in personality so that they adapt to a plot that favors the story and Mary Sue's role in it. The shadowy president of USA at the beginning of Eternum.
The fuck are you on about? THIS guy is shadowy?

IMG_20230614_205558.jpg

This guy? This guy is a shadowy president?

gf-1.png

This guy? THIS GUY?

gf.png

SERIOUSLY?

That's something valid if you don't had other intentions with Annie at the very start...
Happens when you follow walkthrough, which is optimized for harem end. Cari has already mentioned that harem end is the longest end compared to other routes, and his last game made the harem end there canon to Eternum (which takes place years after OIAL). OIAL harem end was also the longest out of all route ends (despite feeling rushed).

So yes, highly likely that harem end for this game is also going to be the canon end, which makes the Xenomorph encounter and Orion's powerlessness after doing kinky stuff with Annie canon events.

And did you get to see this and what implies to OIAL? :unsure:
If you're going to respond as a smart-ass to someone who has actually played OIAL and has been checking on the dev's posts for potential theorycrafting material, then maybe do your research before putting your foot in your mouth?

Fromtheman00.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyIce

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
Christ you're verbose... I think Dorf's the only one reading your full posts at this point, you two should probably just kiss.
You think that's bad? I've been reading and responding to his posts since the beginning on a fucking small-ass phone. Laptop where I play AVNs went kaput a week back and I sent it out to a repair shop to see if it could still be salvaged...though last I checked the prognosis ain't good (then again, it IS an 8-year old gaming laptop that has been punching above its weight in the last 2 years or so. I'm surprised it even managed to last this long).

So not only are my screenshots and evidence folder compromised (I have backups but they're on large-ass zip files that my emergency work laptop don't have storage for), I have to make do trying to sift through screenshots that I could find in this thread and in let's plays for the recent post. DX

Worst case scenario I'll prolly be playing 0.7 on the phone I'm using to post here. Would start doing so with 0.6 (have been playing some of my backlogs such as MBML and Sicae to test and...so far so good but Sicae has been crashing every now and then for some reason), but the recent comments regarding the state of the mobile port has given me pause so...DX

Maybe we should put "warning" on the thread saying:

Don't have an argument with Dorfnutter he'll sends you 9999 words essay and a bunch of research longer than every thesis you made....

And that's not the scariest part one thing you should know is he "never stops and never sleeps" because he's addicted to :coffee: (caffeine).
Hey, my posts aren't THAT long!!

...I-I think.

And never, NEVER talk to him about quiz :Kappa:
Quizzes are fine. It's the overabundance of it and me having to forcibly google shit for answers before I realized a walkthrough existed that infuriated me in OIAL.

fap2fap

Sep 17, 2019
this ...this debate feels like the ace attorney online on fucking steroids
there comes a time when seriousness and trolling will be the same fucking thing when one's too deep
:KEK::KEK:

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I mean if Dorfnutter writes all of that in desktop or laptop all of the letters in the keyboard wil be gone :KEK:
I can respond faster with a keyboard though. Typing on the phone just isn't the same (and a lot slower for my tastes). DX

That is actually impressive...in a "why would you do that to yourself" kinda way. :HideThePain:
Because my work laptop is shite when it comes to running Chrome (phone's actually faster, can you imagine? lol), so I unfortunately have to make do. DX

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
[0.7] - Sneak peek #1

Link:

Hello everyone!!!

I hope you're all doing fantastic!

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is time! The first previews are already here!

For v0.7, I'll be sharing a few more Sneak Peek posts, each with a bit fewer previews. This way, I can spread them out a bit more while still showing the same amount of renders.

As always, I won't be sharing any renders that give away important plot points, so go ahead and start speculating about what's in store for 0.7!

Development is going good so far. I already have a good amount of renders and a couple of animations done.

In this batch, I tried to show the contrast between action-packed scenes and more laid-back moments. After all, you can't always charm your favorite girls while battling in Eternum... you also need to find some quality time with them in Kredon! It's all about balance

I'll hold off on revealing any major arcs of 0.7 for now, but I'll spill the beans in the next info dumps, so stay tuned!

Your unwavering support during the months without updates means the world to me. It's because of you that I can bring this game to life and bring all my wild ideas to life.

So seriously, thank you all so much. You're the absolute best supporters ever!

❤❤❤

Remember that my DMs are always open if you have any questions!

Love you all

Caribdis

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
[0.7] - Sneak peek #1

Link:

Hello everyone!!!

I hope you're all doing fantastic!

It is time! The first previews are already here!

For v0.7, I'll be sharing a few more Sneak Peek posts, each with a bit fewer previews. This way, I can spread them out a bit more while still showing the same amount of renders.

As always, I won't be sharing any renders that give away important plot points, so go ahead and start speculating about what's in store for 0.7!

Development is going good so far. I already have a good amount of renders and a couple of animations done.

In this batch, I tried to show the contrast between action-packed scenes and more laid-back moments. After all, you can't always charm your favorite girls while battling in Eternum... you also need to find some quality time with them in Kredon! It's all about balance

I'll hold off on revealing any major arcs of 0.7 for now, but I'll spill the beans in the next info dumps, so stay tuned!

Your unwavering support during the months without updates means the world to me. It's because of you that I can bring this game to life and bring all my wild ideas to life.

So seriously, thank you all so much. You're the absolute best supporters ever!

❤❤❤

Remember that my DMs are always open if you have any questions!

Love you all

Caribdis

Nova messy hair :love:, I guess the night before was rough, just like she hoped it:devilish:

4.80 star(s) 909 Votes