Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
You can't report every reviews just because they have 1-star rating. It is freedom of speech. He wasn't trolling or something. He gave 1-star because he didn't like the game. That's it. There is not a rule that EVERYONE must love Eternum.
That doesn't mean it should get a 1-star review though. Something being bad and not liking something are two different things.

If you don't like a game, that objectively is at the very least good, but doesn't cater to your taste, you shouldn't review it or if you do it anyway, you should be grown-up enough to still realize that it is good, even if it isn't what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a 6-seater with 3 tons of towing capacity and you somehow end-up testing a Bugatti Chiron and a Rolls Royce Phantom for that purpose, both cars don't become bad cars just because they don't do what you're specifically looking for. You were simply looking for the wrong thing.

In no way is Eternum a bad VN, no matter what kinks or expectations you have of it. The writing and the art stay top-notch, even if you don't like to read that much or you don't like the more manga style HS 2 comes with.

Sure, if you take "reviews" simply as a statement of taste, than you can give 5 stars to whatever you like the best, but that is not how I understand reviews.

Last edited:

Steuan

May 3, 2024
That doesn't mean it should get a 1-star review though. Something being bad and not liking something are two different things.

If you don't like a game, that objectively is at the very least good, but doesn't cater to your taste, you shouldn't review it or if you do it anyway, you should be grown-up enough to still realize that it is good, even if it isn't what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a 6-seater with 3 tons of towing capacity and you somehow end-up testing a Bugatti Chiron and a Rolls Royce Phantom for that purpose, both cars don't become bad cars just because they don't do what you're specifically looking for. You were simply looking for the wrong thing.

In no way is Eternum a bad VN, no matter what kinks or expectations you have of it. The writing and the art stay top-notch, even if you don't like to read that much or you don't like the more manga style HS 2 comes with.

Sure, if you take "reviews" simply as a statement of taste, than you can give 5 stars to whatever you like the best, but that is not how I understand reviews.
Yet it is still super subjective, isn't it? Everyone has their own taste and can review a game anyway they want. I mean, ofc, trolling or insulting cannot be tolerated but that dude said he didn't like the game and rated 1-star. That's all. It's freedom of speech. Eternum is def a 5-stars game for me but obviously not for him.

DaFinker

Formerly 'Grumpy_Dwarf'
Apr 24, 2024
Yet it is still super subjective, isn't it? Everyone has their own taste and can review a game anyway they want. I mean, ofc, trolling or insulting cannot be tolerated but that dude said he didn't like the game and rated 1-star. That's all. It's freedom of speech. Eternum is def a 5-stars game for me but obviously not for him.
Check out his profile and his other posts, reactions, etc. He's all about the troll and he's one-note on his likes - if it isn't heavy NTR, he's not into it.

He shouldn't have even entertained this VN as it has nothing to do with his one ultimate kink, and he almost certainly hasn't played it much, if at all. He trolled it because it's popular and doesn't give him what he wants. It's easy to piece together if you look.

Further, there's nothing good-faith about the review, thus it shouldn't remain as a review. It's sort of like the guy that gives a one-star Yelp review to a BBQ joint because it doesn't have a robust selection of vegan dishes from which he can choose and they won't cater to his specific needs as he wishes them too. The review exists only to attempt to hurt an extremely popular VN that doesn't serve the menu he wants to see. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Aizen Myo

Mar 23, 2022
You can't report every reviews just because they have 1-star rating. It is freedom of speech. He wasn't trolling or something. He gave 1-star because he didn't like the game. That's it. There is not a rule that EVERYONE must love Eternum.

Here is my review for Eternum, btw.

View attachment 3794778
I disagree man, and I'm not talking only about Eternum, there are people with real reviews, they didn't like the game and that's fine. But the review mentioned is not that case, if you give a bad review to a AVN with "to much blah blah blah" "I wanna watch them fuck" and such... you are clearly trolling. That kind of review is bullshit and it impacts negatively in the game rating.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
I can't believe not all of the main girls get to be fucked in the real world, this kills the boner
Wait, what? Every single main girl penetration scene that has happened so far are in the real world, while the stuff that has happened in Eternum are mostly foreplay stuff. The only penetration scenes that have happened in Eternum are for 2 side girls (and no, that moment where Nan got penetrated halfway by Orion before they got rudely interrupted doesn't count). So what are you on about? :unsure:

Unless you're referring to Caly, in which case we'll have to wait and see. One of the popular theories is that she'll cross over at some point in the real world, so banging her while she's in the real could be a possibility if that happens.

Spurdor

Feb 25, 2024
Wait, what? Every single main girl penetration scene that has happened so far are in the real world, while the stuff that has happened in Eternum are mostly foreplay stuff. The only penetration scenes that have happened in Eternum are for 2 side girls (and no, that moment where Nan got penetrated halfway by Orion before they got rudely interrupted doesn't count). So what are you on about? :unsure:

Unless you're referring to Caly, in which case we'll have to wait and see. One of the popular theories is that she'll cross over at some point in the real world, so banging her while she's in the real could be a possibility if that happens.
how can calypso cross over irl

Dorfnutter

Engaged Member
May 21, 2017
how can calypso cross over irl
She has the power to jump to different worlds. And given that there's precedent for a native of Eternum being able to cross over into the real world (i.e. Astaroth, the main antagonist in the dev's past game "Once in a Lifetime," is implied to have come from Eternum), that means in theory she could also cross over, moreso given that she has an ability to make it possible.

Still, it's a theory. We'll just have to wait and see if Cari ever considers using that in the story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PeterSBigD
4.80 star(s) 918 Votes