3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
the game wasn't abandoned presay more like patreon band the dev

here's what the patreon link displays
This page has been removed.
This page has been removed for not complying with Patreon Community Guidelines.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
the game wasn't abandoned presay more like patreon band the dev

here's what the patreon link displays
This page has been removed.
This page has been removed for not complying with Patreon Community Guidelines.
No the Dev made a post a few month ago, telling his patrons, that he won't be able to work on the game anymore and that he is stopping the developement. The page was removed way after that!

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde

8l4kk8l00d

Oct 21, 2017
Hello! Can anyone hear me....

i was just wondering what to download to get the full story, because i am guessing the 6(?) downloads are not all necessary.

"just download the all-in-one" well why isn't that the featured download?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Hello! Can anyone hear me....

i was just wondering what to download to get the full story, because i am guessing the 6(?) downloads are not all necessary.

"just download the all-in-one" well why isn't that the featured download?
Because the all in one doesn't have everything.

The all in one only has all the parts and extras to chapters 1 and 2. The latest chapter is the featured download.

No, there is nothing we can do about it and no they won't be joined together, the dev has long since abandoned it.

Reactions: markaragnos777

Goldy

Nov 14, 2017
Download Act 3 v.4 Special Edition (Bugfixed):
- - - -

have all acts?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Download Act 3 v.4 Special Edition (Bugfixed):
- - - -

have all acts?
No, that's just act 3.

Goldy

Nov 14, 2017
No, that's just act 3.
Yeah I quickly stop play act 3 because the story was missing I notice now after I do some reasearch it's divided acts.

and for Walkthrough it's linear for act 1 & 2, only on act 3 you need it. Guys if you want answers go to page 18 you will get it.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
This game had a great future ahead, the story was about to get even more interesting. Hopefully, things will get better for this Dev.

Goldy

Nov 14, 2017
This game had a great future ahead, the story was about to get even more interesting. Hopefully, things will get better for this Dev.
True, I'm one first act and aleardy devour it, It happens only to a few good games, the story it's really good. :FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan::FeelsGoodMan:

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
Hi guys, VengeanceXXX here.

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, and there are a lot of times where I felt it was needed for me to say something, but eventually I decided not to cause frankly, I don't know what to say.

I'm sure everyone knows, but I decided to end everything since I realized that it was unhealthy for me to continue making Ethan's legacy the way it is. It was a really difficult decision for me since I know that some people loved what I made(and some who hated it). Daryce also met a similar fate, and this decision is something that I deeply regret until this day.

In the end, Ethan's legacy turned from something I truly enjoyed making into something I loathe to see being finished. It changed so much from my original idea, which by itself is not an extraordinary reason, but I fell the pressure to satisfy as much people as I can, which is impossible. Combined with my wrecked emotional state, it's not hard to see why I eventually crumbled and stopped completely.

Now things have been significantly better since the last year. I've got my life back in order, and I was a lot happier than before. I found a lot of time to let my creative side of life take over, and managed to slowly start doing things again.

I made this post to apologise, first and foremost, and to update everyone about how I am doing right now. Thanks for your support even after I decided to stop, which truly made me happy.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for the update, @VengeanceXXX.
Here are my thoughts-
1- You did earn a lot of fans for your ability with 3dcg and your writing is immersive.
2- I did notice the plot shifts in Ethan's Legacy and wondered why that was going on. That is what toned down my enthusiasm for the game because it seemed to shift stories and go off the original track it was on. With your explanation as what happened, that makes sense. I'm certain that what happened here is you allowed for your vision to be influenced by too large a degree that it became an albatross on your back.
3- I would love to see you start over with your own vision and have a completed storyboard before you begin. And stick to that story you started with. Combine that with your art and writing, you should have no trouble getting hordes of fans.

I do have some questions.
What are your plans going forward? Is finishing Daryce a possibility in the future? On a side note, if you need any help, we're here. :D

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Hi guys, VengeanceXXX here.

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, and there are a lot of times where I felt it was needed for me to say something, but eventually I decided not to cause frankly, I don't know what to say.

I'm sure everyone knows, but I decided to end everything since I realized that it was unhealthy for me to continue making Ethan's legacy the way it is. It was a really difficult decision for me since I know that some people loved what I made(and some who hated it). Daryce also met a similar fate, and this decision is something that I deeply regret until this day.

In the end, Ethan's legacy turned from something I truly enjoyed making into something I loathe to see being finished. It changed so much from my original idea, which by itself is not an extraordinary reason, but I fell the pressure to satisfy as much people as I can, which is impossible. Combined with my wrecked emotional state, it's not hard to see why I eventually crumbled and stopped completely.

Now things have been significantly better since the last year. I've got my life back in order, and I was a lot happier than before. I found a lot of time to let my creative side of life take over, and managed to slowly start doing things again.

I made this post to apologise, first and foremost, and to update everyone about how I am doing right now. Thanks for your support even after I decided to stop, which truly made me happy.
I'm just glad to hear from you and that things are going well for you. Sure, I'd love for you to finish Ethan's Legacy but you need to do what's right for you. I do hope you jump back into things, even if it's not with Ethan's Legacy. But I obviously hope you finish that too =P Thanks for the update, be well!

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate everyone's patience and kindness.

To be honest, I'm not sure continuing Ethan's legacy with the mess that it's in is a good idea. There are some interesting avenues I would like to pursue with that story, and I'm absolutely in love with all the characters that I've written, but the story had turned into a monster that I can't control.

It was my lack of will to stick to my guns and shitty planning that turned it into such a mess, and to be honest, the same exact thing is the cause I lost a lot of my happiness with my own life. I've learned from that mistake and I'm hopeful that I won't repeat it again.

I actually have something made from all the spare-time that I had over the past month. It's something that I made purely for my own enjoyment, so I don't want people to get their hopes up. It's a prequel to a story I made from scratch, and is a huge departure from anything I've made previously.

I didn't make the real story yet, since it'll take a lot of time that I don't have, so I settled for the simpler prequel temporarily.

You can find a copy of the prequel at another website(titled as "Dancer and A Lustrous stage"), although I'm not sure I'm allowed to do post links here.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Just glad to hear you are doing better.

Ethans Legacy was the second VN I picked up after joining the site and I got quite attached to it being as new to this kind of thing as I was then.

It was a damn shame you had to drop it but we all saw the state you were getting in then I think some of us saw it coming.

I've seen what depression can do to a person if they don't do something about it so I don't think any of us mind you had to make drastic changes.

I'm glad to hear you are working on something else, i'll take that over nothing. I loved your work on both this and Daryce.

Real talk though, glad you are doing well and feeling better in yourself.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Indeed, we are glad that've gotten your life right on track. Thanks for taking the time to reply about both your well being, and your opinion about what happened before. Even though you created that prologue for you, I also enjoyed it, so I guess I should also thank you for that. (I'm a big Sonic fan, your character, not the hedgehog...although I do enjoy the old Sonic videogames, but that's another story)

Even though I'd be more than happy if at some point you continued those stories you mentioned (Ethan's Legacy or Daryce), I think that maybe you'd be able to achieve that sense of fulfillment if you created one of those games you mentioned at some point, those that hadn't begun yet. Because what probably stressed you out, more than anything is that you might have begun changing your game to satisfy other people's opinions. So if you ever feel the need to continue your game, do it according to your own ideas, and of course, at your own pace. You don't owe us anything, keep in mind that you should always put yourself first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centurion and Krull

vebka

Oct 29, 2017
Hi Vengeance. Its good to hear from you that you are doing well. I like your games so much especially Ethan game.
Also i played the new prequel and i have to say job well done :p So i like to tell that all the best and good luck to you for the future and i hope you will return to make some awesome games :p

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes