VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
It appears that I can't post a new thread in this forum XD, it's fine, however.
Thanks for the help.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
It appears that I can't post a new thread in this forum XD, it's fine, however.
Thanks for the help.
I think you need a few posts before you can make threads.

I would suggest shitposting in a few threads but you didn't hear it from me.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I think you need a few posts before you can make threads.

I would suggest shitposting in a few threads but you didn't hear it from me.
Nah, they have to give your account permission. I can't post either and I know damn well I have enough posts if that were the case. Ask a mod, I suggest Bloo, if you can get permission to post new threads.

Alternatively, you can post in the Game request forum then ask to have your thread moved to the Game forum and you'll retain ownership over the thread and be able to edit it as you see fit.

Reactions: Centurion

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
PLEASE FINNISH DARYCE PRETTY PLEASE
I'm sorry for the fact that I can't finish it. Maybe when I feel like I can face my old projects again, I'll start to make it happen.

But right now, I just wanted to move on. Ethan's Legacy and Daryce are both projects that I love and hate at the same time. I just wanted to take what I loved from those and turn it into something new. I hope everyone understands.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I'm sorry for the fact that I can't finish it. Maybe when I feel like I can face my old projects again, I'll start to make it happen.

But right now, I just wanted to move on. Ethan's Legacy and Daryce are both projects that I love and hate at the same time. I just wanted to take what I loved from those and turn it into something new. I hope everyone understands.
As I said above, Ethan's Legacy was my second VN I got into on this site so have a soft spot for it. While a part of me would love to see it finished (especially as it was just getting to the good bits) I also saw what it was doing to you every release and while we may not know you it isn't fun watching someone who's work you enjoy spiral into depression.

You stepped away, got yourself in a better place and decided to create more projects and that's great.

Just don't put yourself back into that position you were in last year. If you decide one day you are in the right frame of mind to finish them, great, but you said yourself the story here had ran away from you and you weren't in a good place the last few updates.

I'd rather see you move on to new stuff and keep creating than go back and risk putting yourself on the shelf again.

papasmurf

Apr 7, 2017
I just Wanna say i love both of your games V3X. So what ever you decide i know that it will be great

Good Luck And Take It Easy This Time

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
@V3X Hey man I just want to say welcome back and it is great to hear that you have been doing better,

I get where you are coming from about your 2 old projects, whatever new project you are working on do you, do not try to please every crowd because it will be impossible, I personally would love to see Ethan's Legacy and daryce finished but I respect the fact it is not something on you plan on doing now. The fact you do not like them anymore would not make sense to work on something that does not motivate you, I suggest instead of going back to them to just reboot them in the image and vision you previously had. Also you used to post a ton of content out which I respect but make sure not to push too much and burn yourself out.
I am looking forward to whatever projects you are going to be bring. And again, Welcome back.

Oct 17, 2017
@V3X Ethan's legacy was one of the first games I had and actually the beloved one, it's sad that I found it when it's already been abandoned. Glad that you're back, man. Still I think that you are very talented and your visuals and storytelling are terrific. Good luck!

mannitt

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
@V3X it's great to hear you're back making games. Ethan's Lagacy was one of, if not the first 3DCG VN I played. You also I think are the first developer I started supporting on Patreon. As many have said already. It's good to see you back whether you can ever finish the other games or not. I enjoyed them but saw the reasons you left. Just do what you can but being happy is more important. I'll check out whatever you make. Now I need to DL and play you're new games.

Stem

Apr 5, 2017
Playing in the games ''of His Legacy'' and '' Dancer and A Lustruos Stage'' I was disappointed... These games pitiful imitations as compared to ''Ethan's Legacy'' and ''Daryce''. Very it is sorry, but on it I I will not lose the time, because there are games much better.An author went an incorrect way beginning to do every prequel and sequel, and it was needed to continue the already begun games, not looking on negative reviews.I am sorry if my opinion does not coincide with whose that or most opinions on this forum.

Sp1d3rCl4w

Apr 16, 2018
the game should called "RAPEON" or something else... rape, rape and more rape... i dont like such games... not only the MC feel helpless even the player do... i know thats what is rly happening in our REAL World every day to women but are there so many guys out there who need to fap to such games? young helpless girls getting raped by 2-3 men... hopefully there are only a handful guys who get a turn on at such a mess... im a good guy (try to act) but i could never rape any girl/women or what else... this whole thematic is a dark shadow of humanity and NO im not a women and no im not gay...

people who like such games should rly go inside and think of it if they would like it to get raped by 2-3 men in prison or in an alley...

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
the game should called "RAPEON" or something else... rape, rape and more rape... i dont like such games... not only the MC feel helpless even the player do... i know thats what is rly happening in our REAL World every day to women but are there so many guys out there who need to fap to such games? young helpless girls getting raped by 2-3 men... hopefully there are only a handful guys who get a turn on at such a mess... im a good guy (try to act) but i could never rape any girl/women or what else... this whole thematic is a dark shadow of humanity and NO im not a women and no im not gay...

people who like such games should rly go inside and think of it if they would like it to get raped by 2-3 men in prison or in an alley...
I have no idea what you've been playing but there is one scene with an attempted rape of his sister and that's it.

The captive girl is implied but never shown to be raped.

Everything else is consensual.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018

I don't think it was meant to be a "fapping" game. It's a VN and the developer tends to focus more on story, characters, and their development and just like in a lot of novels and movies, there are sometimes dark aspects that are part of the story. The existence of those elements of the story aren't intended to give anyone a"turn on". It's just part of the story.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes