VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

mariaeliza

May 17, 2017
I fell that most devops crumble under the pression of external agents, which is a shame. I deply believe that while doing a game, a devop shall do it as he intended. with the storyline he predicted. It's hard no to fall under the pression of demanding gamers as they are also supporting the development of the game but as we say on my country "you will never please boh greeks and troians". This is unhealthy as in one hand a developer loses the motivation to keep working, and in other hand the pressures can even jeopardize developers' personal life....

Snomiser

Apr 7, 2018
I hate to sound dumb, but here I go. I thought downloading this started me at the begin, I guess not. Also I'm not very computer literate, so with this add ons in the walkthrough ( label day01_start: etc...) I'm not sure where to put them ( in the game file) and how to do it. 1st time playing this one so not sure what I'm doing with my powers. Any help for a computer Neanderthal would be appreciated.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I hate to sound dumb, but here I go. I thought downloading this started me at the begin, I guess not. Also I'm not very computer literate, so with this add ons in the walkthrough ( label day01_start: etc...) I'm not sure where to put them ( in the game file) and how to do it. 1st time playing this one so not sure what I'm doing with my powers. Any help for a computer Neanderthal would be appreciated.
The game is pretty straight forward, it's far more of a visual novel than a game. As far as I can tell, the powers hadn't gotten to a point where they actually affected the story , I could totally be wrong tho, and the story itself is pretty linear. Most of the choices amount to doing something with girl x over girl y.

The game does start at the beginning but you need to make sure you're actually playing the beginning as all games are bundled into the download.

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate everyone's patience and kindness.

To be honest, I'm not sure continuing Ethan's legacy with the mess that it's in is a good idea. There are some interesting avenues I would like to pursue with that story, and I'm absolutely in love with all the characters that I've written, but the story had turned into a monster that I can't control.

It was my lack of will to stick to my guns and shitty planning that turned it into such a mess, and to be honest, the same exact thing is the cause I lost a lot of my happiness with my own life. I've learned from that mistake and I'm hopeful that I won't repeat it again.

I actually have something made from all the spare-time that I had over the past month. It's something that I made purely for my own enjoyment, so I don't want people to get their hopes up. It's a prequel to a story I made from scratch, and is a huge departure from anything I've made previously.

I didn't make the real story yet, since it'll take a lot of time that I don't have, so I settled for the simpler prequel temporarily.

You can find a copy of the prequel at another website(titled as "Dancer and A Lustrous stage"), although I'm not sure I'm allowed to do post links here.
Great to see that you are back and feeling better !

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

To be honest, I'm not sure continuing Ethan's legacy with the mess that it's in is a good idea. There are some interesting avenues I would like to pursue with that story, and I'm absolutely in love with all the characters that I've written, but the story had turned into a monster that I can't control.

It was my lack of will to stick to my guns and shitty planning that turned it into such a mess, and to be honest, the same exact thing is the cause I lost a lot of my happiness with my own life. I've learned from that mistake and I'm hopeful that I won't repeat it again.

I actually have something made from all the spare-time that I had over the past month. It's something that I made purely for my own enjoyment, so I don't want people to get their hopes up. It's a prequel to a story I made from scratch, and is a huge departure from anything I've made previously.

I didn't make the real story yet, since it'll take a lot of time that I don't have, so I settled for the simpler prequel temporarily.

You can find a copy of the prequel at another website(titled as "Dancer and A Lustrous stage"), although I'm not sure I'm allowed to do post links here.
personally, I would prefer you kept ethan's legacy abandoned, and just started a new game. like I personally loved daryce way more even though I am big into the incest fantasy (and fantasy it shall stay) So what I would love to see is that game completed (but I understand if it stays dead) but would love a incest sort of game with similar quality of writing. However none of that matters if you don't want to make it, I find the best quality content comes from those who actually care for and about the thing they are making. so you do you.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018

Glad to know that you're doing OK.

Ethan's Legacy was and still is my favorite VN. As much as I'd like to see it continued or redone the way that you wanted it, it's important that you do or not do what you're comfortable and happy with.

Dancer has it's own thread here now. Thanks for sharing it with us and especially thanks for Sonic, my fave of your characters although they were all great.

You have a creative gift - writing, story development, and graphics. I hope to see more of it.

Malaka

Jul 12, 2017
Good to hear you are doing better, thats what matters here in life. All i can say is that i hope you continue to find peace in life, if creating stories are a part of that i'll be thrilled. If its not, well shit happens.

I loved what Ethan's legacy started out as, it turned but was still a good story. As said before you got a great story telling vein.

Abhay

Feb 3, 2018
can the son have s*x with his mom in this present game version. please reply. thanks a lot in advance

Abhay

Feb 3, 2018
can the son have s*x with his mother in this present version of the game. please reply. thanks in advance

Abhay

Feb 3, 2018
can the son have s*x with his mother in this present version of the game. please reply. thanks in advance

flanby

May 25, 2017
@VengeanceXXX You were very very hard with yourself, always. You did an update weekly with the same content than most devs did monthly. And also, afterwards you did Daryce too (which was amazing and still wait the ending with the sister :biggrin:), while you still were doing Ethan. Your work was amazing. I wish you can do the game what you want to do, no matter what people think. I wish you very very luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull and Centurion

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
can the son have s*x with his mom in this present game version. please reply. thanks a lot in advance
It's okay to say sex .... it is an adult website. Even if it wasn't, sex isn't a bad word, you don't need to censor yourself.

Yes, he can have sex with his mother .... several times .... including a threesome with the sister.

NeroMustDie

May 19, 2017
God, I wish this project would come back to life... such a great story and the scenes/mother were amazing... <=(

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
Hi, It's me again. I have a quick question :

So, If I wanted to post something here, should I make a new thread? There's 3 threads up already, is it alright if I do so?

Thanks again.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Hi, It's me again. I have a quick question :

So, If I wanted to post something here, should I make a new thread? There's 3 threads up already, is it alright if I do so?

Thanks again.
Depends on whether it's a new project or not, bud.

If it's a carry on from one of the ones you've already put up then just add to that but if it's a new project it will need it's own thread.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes