VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ethan's Legacy [Act 1-3 SE + Extras/IF] [VengeanceXXX]

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Balduko

Nov 5, 2016
I do not necessarily agree with you with the exclusion of the harem part which I think may very well be the case (and because I hope that is something that does not happen). That is because it is kind of realistic to see how people would actually be like if they were is a spider-man like situation as let us admit, we would only get in the way if we were in such a situation and we would try to make professionals handle such situations (why? because we need to be alive for our mother and sister).

Seriously though I really hope that it does not turn into a harem situation because that to me would feel like crap, instead I would like to help other characters get men who would take care of them but that is my personal opinion.
This is a post by the dev on LoversLab: "This IS a harem game(eventually), just clearing things up if it wasn't clear enough. I'm just trying to do new things and this version is my experiment in how to make good choices, can't say that I nailed it at all, but I will do my best to improve it in the next versions. I hope you can be patient, and I'm truly grateful that you guys share your thoughts on how things are right now. I'll change the end of this version in the next release within this week."

JohnyXD

Feb 10, 2017
The first 3 chapters are (mostly) straight stories.
Acts I & II have some decision making. Anyone know how much impact those decision have on the story? Or maybe there's guide somewhere?
Also about the hearts that appear at the end of each day, red is affection/love and yellow is jealousy, correct? What about the blue ones?

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Wait isn't there some kind of special edition with extra scene in it?
It's not out, it was supposed to be out this month but he's afraid of losing money from paying customers, so he's waiting till the end of the month when the billing goes trough.

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
The first 3 chapters are (mostly) straight stories.
Acts I & II have some decision making. Anyone know how much impact those decision have on the story? Or maybe there's guide somewhere?
Also about the hearts that appear at the end of each day, red is affection/love and yellow is jealousy, correct? What about the blue ones?
Blue one is lust I guess...

OctoPriest

Mar 28, 2017
This might be an ignorant observation, but... I'd always assumed that color associations were more or less universal nowadays, regardless of country? "Green with Envy/Jealousy" "Red passions" pink being synonymous with love... is that not the case? -shrugs- Not complaining about the current color choices really, just struck me as odd is all.

JohnyXD

Feb 10, 2017
"Green with Envy/Jealousy"
True, the saying is "green with envy". However, jealousy and envy are not the same thing. It's a common mistake.
Envy : Dammit! I want that as well! I want it, I want it, I want iiiiiiiit!
Jealousy : That's mine! Don't touch!
Google the definitions if you want accuracy.

Reactions: jackkane

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
True, the saying is "green with envy". However, jealousy and envy are not the same thing. It's a common mistake.
Envy : Dammit! I want that as well! I want it, I want it, I want iiiiiiiit!
Jealousy : That's mine! Don't touch!
Google the definitions if you want accuracy.
'Jealousy' and 'Envy' usually mean the same. Although jealousy can also mean in the possessive sense, it doesn't have to.

Definition for 'Jealous' (via Google):
feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.
  • feeling or showing a resentful suspicion that one's partner is attracted to or involved with someone else.
  • fiercely protective of one's rights or possessions
Definition for 'Envy' (via Google):
a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

Last edited:

JohnyXD

Feb 10, 2017
'Jealousy' and 'Envy' usually mean the same. Although jealousy can also mean in the possessive sense, it doesn't have to.
I just wanted to point out that a perfect synonym doesn't exist. That's why there's two words, otherwise we just use one. But I'm not gonna argue on similarities and differences because I don't really care. However you are right, they're often both used for the same thing.

On a more thread related topic, anyone know what increasing those values affect? I mean for example, is it better for high jealousy or is it just how the story develops and has no consequence on the ending.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I really haven't noticed how jealousy affects the game yet. But I think the dev mentioned somewhere that the jealousy has some bearing on the end game scenario.

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
How do I play this?
The Mega file consists of 11 rar's, most of them seemingly superfluous?

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
Anyone figured out how to edit the save game? Would be nice to edit it to reflect my stats/choices.

Somewhat annoying that none of my saves carry over properly, generally freezes the game whenever I load a game from the older day/version. Always have to choose one of the default days, in this case day 5.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes