Eponymous_01

Nov 6, 2020
The dev can't even keep to his timetable and delays multiple days to give an progress update (at this point still no update post). I doubt he can provide an estimated release date and realized it. Just KIV this game. Tbh, i'm quite disappointed. The game have so much potential but probably will only get a release every 7/8 months or even drag to a year. Will definitely play the game but not pay for it. Usually game with long release windows get abandonned due to low financial support. I hope it will not happen but time will tell.
You realize there are multiple types of game devs, right? Some receive significant support and make a full-time job of developing the game. But for many, it's a side job or hobby and they work on it as they can.

It's always been understood that updates for this would be slow - you can see it discussed earlier in the thread - and with only one content update since it released over 15 months ago expecting any different makes no sense. And yeah, it's frustrating when devs have a pattern of delaying updates or not following through on promises. But PipPoad is still just starting out - this is the first time he's promised a release date and not delivered and has already apologized for it. Shit happens and life gets in the way, so until there's a clear pattern of delays and broken promises, why criticize and discourage the dev like this especially when you're not a paid supporter?

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
I disagree with your point but i can understand where you're coming from. It's different pov. Devs get paid when they have a good product and reliable. People don't support a game when they don't know if they will get a release or the dev will complete the game. A lot of AVN games get abandon or dev that create 1 or 2 release then milk the supporters without releasing anything further down the line. I'm not saying the dev is milking or will do that but it is a trend that is growing.

I critize the dev because i care & want to see this game successful since i like the story. I understand life can get in the way sometimes but it does not provide any confidence if the dev can't even provide a short status update. It can mean many things:
- Life got in the way no development is done
- Gave up on development
- Developing in a slow pace not high priority
- Milking
- Abandon
- Other weird shit happened etc

Also I don't think this is an unfair critism. If you can't provide something much simpler according to schedule then people don't expect something harder to be delivered according to schedule. AND no i'm not trolling and it's a valid critism since the last release like you said is 15 months ago. This criticism is not coming from the point of hate/trolling/personal shit. Anyway, i will KIV this.
"I critize the dev because i care & want to see this game successful" - and that's why you're making these long-ass posts about "le long updates are bad and le fast updates are good"? Telling other people "nah, this dev can't even hold his deadlines"? Dude, I am not braindead, I understand that he more time that passes, the less attention the project gets and the more people will bypass it. But, you know, life is a bitch, and there's a lot of factors that can affect you as a person as well as your art. If you have any questions or want to know what the reason is, message me or ask in my Discord server. I'm not hiding from anyone, with nervously shaking hands trying to milk out the remaining subscribers. Even if I wasn't rendering or writing code - I was learning new things and new programs that allow me to do things I haven't seen anyone else who uses Daz as a visual tool do. Because I want to do something that I will be proud of myself for and that people will find interesting and engaging, instead just take 1000 times reused assets with nice girl and make faceless VN about fucking faceless girls with broken English without any features.
And yeah, I'm trying to make content for my subscribers so they will not be bored during waiting. I'm not saint and I can fuck up deadlines, but I'm not a commercial for-profit money-sucking company with publishers and employees on staff.

I understand that as a FREE consumer, you don't give a fuck about what is going on in my life - only final product matters. That's cool and all, but please, stop. "Criticize - Suggest" or offer your help to speed up the project's release. Because right now, you are not caring and wanting to see this game successful - you just want a free and fast joy, preferably as fast as possible.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
"I critize the dev because i care & want to see this game successful" - and that's why you're making these long-ass posts about "le long updates are bad and le fast updates are good"? Telling other people "nah, this dev can't even hold his deadlines"? Dude, I am not braindead, I understand that he more time that passes, the less attention the project gets and the more people will bypass it. But, you know, life is a bitch, and there's a lot of factors that can affect you as a person as well as your art. If you have any questions or want to know what the reason is, message me or ask in my Discord server. I'm not hiding from anyone, with nervously shaking hands trying to milk out the remaining subscribers. Even if I wasn't rendering or writing code - I was learning new things and new programs that allow me to do things I haven't seen anyone else who uses Daz as a visual tool do. Because I want to do something that I will be proud of myself for and that people will find interesting and engaging, instead just take 1000 times reused assets with nice girl and make faceless VN about fucking faceless girls with broken English without any features.
And yeah, I'm trying to make content for my subscribers so they will not be bored during waiting. I'm not saint and I can fuck up deadlines, but I'm not a commercial for-profit money-sucking company with publishers and employees on staff.

I understand that as a FREE consumer, you don't give a fuck about what is going on in my life - only final product matters. That's cool and all, but please, stop. "Criticize - Suggest" or offer your help to speed up the project's release. Because right now, you are not caring and wanting to see this game successful - you just want a free and fast joy, preferably as fast as possible.
Noted. Won't say another word.

Last edited:

uncertain_blowfish

Aug 14, 2017
Public Dev notes #17 - 2023-04-24 available on Boosty: and Patreon:
Feel free to check it out
Thanks for the update. It's certainly interesting to see the development process of custom objects like the weird skeletal blonde woman - the tendrils shooting from the face itself are spooky! It gives the inhuman vibe, where the sensory organs are alien despite us expecting them to be human. I could imagine the plot here being initially a subtle manipulation from Nox, where the blonde character just camouflages as human to seem more relatable to main character. Maybe even some horror behind the scenes when MC is not looking / aware?

I like the possibility of how Dead Space-like the horror here can become - the threat can come from a vent, crack in a wall, ceiling etc.
Hell, a fucking toilet may suddently try to bite your ass off if you eat a randomly found taco and end up ditching tactical checks due to explosive diarrhea. Then again I imagine even Nox may die after taco diarrhea...or maybe we could shat on it and escape while taking some damage, but later avoid a Nox trap by smelling something weird and realizing what's ahead of us!

Fingers crossed that the reasoning provided to side with Nox (evil faction) will make actual sense, rather than pure sex driven motivation. I think you may possibly be looking at A LOT of work if you want to write separate routes for characters based on good / evil split, so be careful about planning the time and effort commitment. In my book it's better to deliver something consistent with our companions' personalities, even if it means some of them will part ways with us and we will see them rarely on path X, than get stuck in project limbo and burn out trying to flesh out every single character for every single choice.

Take your time with development, stick to your vision and remember that private life takes priority. Take care and good luck!

likeslatex

Mar 30, 2022
i rarely ever comment on things, from youtube comments to news articles to posts i engage in, but i just came back from reading the dev update and all i want to do is express my support to you and your project. i can see that this means something to you on a personal level and im not talking about sexual fantasy; im under the impression you really want to prove something to yourself by pushing through with this game. be it to boost your self-confidence or skill or get the realization you can get things done and improve i dont know, but thats the vibe im getting. take your time and disregard the noise we retards who only want to jerk off send your way

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Thanks for the update. It's certainly interesting to see the development process of custom objects like the weird skeletal blonde woman - the tendrils shooting from the face itself are spooky! It gives the inhuman vibe, where the sensory organs are alien despite us expecting them to be human. I could imagine the plot here being initially a subtle manipulation from Nox, where the blonde character just camouflages as human to seem more relatable to main character. Maybe even some horror behind the scenes when MC is not looking / aware?
That's what I though. I have plans in the future to make more characters that have different Nox body parts, which will make them more interesting than “girls covered in shiny garbage bags”. It is even possible to use the victims as part of the interior (dispensers, alarms and so on). Something like what was in Quake 4 or Scorn, but more fetishized. Making a chair or table out of still living people sounds interesting and might give you hella the goosebumps.

I like the possibility of how Dead Space-like the horror here can become - the threat can come from a vent, crack in a wall, ceiling etc.
Hell, a fucking toilet may suddently try to bite your ass off if you eat a randomly found taco and end up ditching tactical checks due to explosive diarrhea. Then again I imagine even Nox may die after taco diarrhea...or maybe we could shat on it and escape while taking some damage, but later avoid a Nox trap by smelling something weird and realizing what's ahead of us!
Tacos can sometimes be scarier than any biological weapon (proven in my own experience).
The problem with horror in the context of a visual novel is that you have to use a lot of the right tools to get the right effect here. When reading a scary story, you can visualize all sorts of horrors in your head in a way that no artist can depict even a tenth of. Of course, the skill of the writer also plays a big role, but here it is imagination that acts as a visualizer. In the case of a short story, not only the text has to be scary, but also the visuals and, in my opinion most importantly, the sound. Appropriate ambient or sound effects can give the lion's share of the atmosphere, and bring different feelings even with a simple picture. For example, I'm always shitting myself when I hear footsteps approaching quickly from nowhere, as if some creature is coming at you from nowhere and you realize that you can't escape from it.
Feeling hostile and dangerous should be an integral part of forays into infested areas, but I don't know if I can do them right. But I'll try for sure.

Fingers crossed that the reasoning provided to side with Nox (evil faction) will make actual sense, rather than pure sex driven motivation. I think you may possibly be looking at A LOT of work if you want to write separate routes for characters based on good / evil split, so be careful about planning the time and effort commitment. In my book it's better to deliver something consistent with our companions' personalities, even if it means some of them will part ways with us and we will see them rarely on path X, than get stuck in project limbo and burn out trying to flesh out every single character for every single choice.

Take your time with development, stick to your vision and remember that private life takes priority. Take care and good luck!
That's why I didn't make the separation into two different paths from the beginning. Choosing a worldview will ensure that I don't have to redo scenes a second time and add huge alternate pieces of story up to a certain point. Maybe I'll have found the people or opportunities to make it happen by then, or maybe I'll just finish the project, who knows.
And, yes, those are good tips. Thank you very much for the feedback!

Reactions: GreenOwl and Sxythe

PipPoad

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
i rarely ever comment on things, from youtube comments to news articles to posts i engage in, but i just came back from reading the dev update and all i want to do is express my support to you and your project. i can see that this means something to you on a personal level and im not talking about sexual fantasy; im under the impression you really want to prove something to yourself by pushing through with this game. be it to boost your self-confidence or skill or get the realization you can get things done and improve i dont know, but thats the vibe im getting. take your time and disregard the noise we retards who only want to jerk off send your way
Wow, the fact that it made you do what you do very rarely is just astounding :oops:
As for the meaning - I think it's a combo of everything you listed. It's hard to pick one thing because I'm still in search of myself and what I like and what I want to do in the future.
Thanks for the support, it means a lot.

Reactions: GershGersh
4.30 star(s) 18 Votes