VN Others Even in Sorrow, a Black Lily Blooms [Rachel update 2] [WaifusAndSyrup]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Antialpaka

Apr 27, 2018
Soooo ..... is the game dead? I mean the last update was in december 2020 and the last message/ update regarding dev progress was in march this year, I don't want to sound rude but I think at least a statement on the games developement would be nice.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Game's not dead as of April, and it's gone way longer than that without updates in the past, so there's no reason to get worried just yet.

Reactions: qorl55
Jun 16, 2021
2021 was a bad year. Marsh's 3rd events and 2 character routes are out the moment I get the last bit of art for it.

No promises on the progress getting better so keep expectations low. Hope everyone's staying healthy and thanks for putting up with me.
As long as you are alive and alright. Prioritize yourself over your games; no one wants you into an accident like our main girl, hehe

HypnoInk

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
2021 was a bad year. Marsh's 3rd events and 2 character routes are out the moment I get the last bit of art for it.

No promises on the progress getting better so keep expectations low. Hope everyone's staying healthy and thanks for putting up with me.
Thanks for continuing this <3 it's okay if it takes time, hope everything gets better.

KuraScropia

Jun 26, 2018

I started replaying the game too. Glad to see you around. Keep both your head and spirits up, as best you can.

DahliaRose

Dec 22, 2018

Yay! :D So glad this game isn't dead :D

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Paid version is out and public version is out on the 23rd. I'm sure it's not at all worth the wait and probably bad, but nothing that can't be fixed or adjusted later.

I'll take a break from writing to focus on some issues, like the fact that for some reason all varibles (which determine what routes you get) are set to global which I'm pretty sure is causing some of the major issues? I dunno, I'll ask my programmer and just iron out whatever gets reported before it's fully public.

Reactions: Lunarius

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Oh yeah, if the owner of this thread (who's been gone since march of last year according to what is says when I hovered over their icon) doesn't update, should I make a new forum?

Of course, from experience, I already know nobody will wait for me to release it publicly haha but it's just an in case thing if nothing changes here.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
Oh yeah, if the owner of this thread (who's been gone since march of last year according to what is says when I hovered over their icon) doesn't update, should I make a new forum?

Of course, from experience, I already know nobody will wait for me to release it publicly haha but it's just an in case thing if nothing changes here.
IIRC devs can request ownership of the thread of their game. And any staff member can edit the OP anyway, so it doesn't really matter if the OP is AWOL.

Either way, just contact the mods.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
If/when you do claim the thread, it might be worthwhile to update the sample images. Right now there's just two pictures from the same scene, and one unfinished picture from another scene. (Also, at least one image of the actual "gameplay" would be helpful. Lots of people tend to use that section only to show off the CGs, but it should be used to give people an idea of what playing the game is like, of which the CGs are only part of it.)

Reactions: woodpecker14

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
If/when you do claim the thread, it might be worthwhile to update the sample images. Right now there's just two pictures from the same scene, and one unfinished picture from another scene. (Also, at least one image of the actual "gameplay" would be helpful. Lots of people tend to use that section only to show off the CGs, but it should be used to give people an idea of what playing the game is like, of which the CGs are only part of it.)
I could put the actual image there instead and probably add a Carol image or two. I think I'll contact mods now.

Edit: I can also throw in one or two choice screenshots because that's the gameplay lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosen King

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I now have ownership. Apparently I have to report post and choose game update whenever I want to edit it however, so I'll be doing that on the 23rd.

Edit: Wait, no I have the prompt for editing the post? Nvm.

Reactions: Lunarius

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I could put the actual image there instead and probably add a Carol image or two. I think I'll contact mods now.

Edit: I can also throw in one or two choice screenshots because that's the gameplay lol
Noice, much more representative of the full game now. Although there is one issue that... I don't know how to fix. Apparently there's some way to upload the images as a set where you can click an arrow to the right of one to look at the next one, but you've put them all up individually with each one saying it's 1/1 in the list. I'm not sure what the correct way to do this is, though.

And yeah, I say "gameplay" but of course in this case that just means dialogue and stuff like that. But, of course, that is an important part of the game to represent, especially in a well-written one like this one. So many games on this site are just poorly-written vehicles for some renders the dev made in Daz or something.

WaifusAndSyrup

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
I'll remove the abandoned tag when I release the public update. And I still couldn't figure out the list thing for scrolling through the images. : (

woodpecker14

Dec 31, 2017
And yeah, I say "gameplay" but of course in this case that just means dialogue and stuff like that. But, of course, that is an important part of the game to represent, especially in a well-written one like this one. So many games on this site are just poorly-written vehicles for some renders the dev made in Daz or something.
So true. There are so many games on here that are just a pain to read. It's not just bad grammar and engrish, it's just that there's a lot of really boring writing and stories out there. Most of them you skip the story to get to the game. Not that I'm trying to throw shade on the creators though; most of them are game devs first and writers second. But while "EveBloom" still has maybe a typo or two, it's leaps and bounds ahead of most of the content on this site in terms of writing.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote