Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
Aster's never going to stop being annoying, is he? He has nothing to say about anything that isn't sex. Honestly, the characters are kinda bland and unlikable. Definitely not what I was expecting from the makers of Rance and Big Bang Age.

Orion_Hunts

Aug 6, 2017
But it just says Resistance. So Resistance = Mag. Resistance?
It does say "Mag. Resist" for the stat in game. What's confusing is that items or skills that affect Magic Resistance may only say Resistance but this actually means Magic Resistance. You can easily test this by equipping an item that adds Resistance. If you equip an item with +10 Resistance like the Maid Lady item what this does is it gives you 10% more to your Magic Resistance stat. So if your Magic Resistance is at 5% and then you equip the Maid Lady it will give you 15% Magic Resistance and it should be reflected in the stats on the character page. Hope that clears everything up :)

Aster's never going to stop being annoying, is he? He has nothing to say about anything that isn't sex. Honestly, the characters are kinda bland and unlikable. Definitely not what I was expecting from the makers of Rance and Big Bang Age.
I mean, it's not like Rance really talks about anything else either but I do understand where you're coming from. Both Rance and Aster are sex crazed and can be very childish but it's a lot more annoying with Aster for some reason(I guess he comes off as kind of whiny?). This game has actually gotten a huge amount of praise from the fanbase although I believe that's partly due to the fact that if you removed all the sex scenes this would still actually be a pretty decent if vanilla RPG and it wouldn't really affect the story at all either. While opinion on Aster tends to be pretty mixed(Some hate him. Others like him a lot more than Rance.) the girls in it are very popular so I don't know what to tell you there. Both the designs and personalities of the girls had very positive responses from the fanbase for the most part.

Fun fact: Kathryn's design is actually a recycled design of Karma Atranger from the Rance games(she was a side character in VI and a playable character in Quest).

Reactions: diggyniggy

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
I mean, it's not like Rance really talks about anything else either but I do understand where you're coming from. Both Rance and Aster are sex crazed and can be very childish but it's a lot more annoying with Aster for some reason(I guess he comes off as kind of whiny?). This game has actually gotten a huge amount of praise from the fanbase although I believe that's partly due to the fact that if you removed all the sex scenes this would still actually be a pretty decent if vanilla RPG and it wouldn't really affect the story at all either. While opinion on Aster tends to be pretty mixed(Some hate him. Others like him a lot more than Rance.) the girls in it are very popular so I don't know what to tell you there. Both the designs and personalities of the girls had very positive responses from the fanbase for the most part.

Fun fact: Kathryn's design is actually a recycled design of Karma Atranger from the Rance games(she was a side character in VI and a playable character in Quest).
I think the reason is that Aster is a Gary Stu and Rance is most definitely not. Not only does Rance get his ass kicked from time to time, but a lot of characters hate him. This creates a conflict with every relevant character he comes across and there always ends up being some sort of conclusion, and it's not always a good outcome. Everyone gets high off of Aster's farts, and that's really annoying, and he always gets his way whilst maintaining the highest ground possible. I have pretty much dropped good games and novels because the protag is too perfect, so yeah, to say this is a pet peeve of mine is an understatement.

Rance is unique in Japanese narratives because he's a JRPG protag that has all his values inverted. He's free from Japanese conventions, like not killing humans and being a stalwart ally of everyone who so much as smiles at him honestly.
But really, for all the aims of each character, Rance could be just as bad as Aster if the writer sucked. And I think the writer of Evenicle really does suck. There's little to no conflict in Evenicle. There's only ever a serious problem that the party must face at the end of each chapter. Up to that point, it's just exposition and snoring through battles. When Aster shows up to a battle, he's never faced with anyone that can trounce him. so far, anyway, and the white and black knights don't count because they let him go. I'm at the end of Chapter 4, and I think I'll probably drop it here.

But yeah, it's cool if the fanbase disagrees. I rarely have the same opinion as fans of J-games, not that I'm high and mighty, it's just we clearly look for different things in J games. I appreciate your willingness to discuss this anyhow, most people would probably come at me with vitriol.

Edit: Hannies are still f'in hilarious, though.

Reactions: Orion_Hunts
U

User_32285

Have you played all the Rance games? Rance 5D and VI have official translations and the seventh game, Sengoku Rance, has an excellent fan translation with an official translation coming out likely the end of this year.

There isn't another VN exactly like this translated but if what you're looking for is a VN with gameplay elements there's also
Eien no Aselia and its sequel Seirarukana, Yumina the Ethereal, Eiyuu*Senki, and Utawareumono. I've played all of those and they are good VNs with decent gameplay elements.

Some more suggestions that I would recommend over those ones though are Big Bang Age since it's from Alicesoft which is the same company that makes Evenicle, Rance, and the Beat Blades games. I'd also recommend Bunny Black 1 & 2; while they aren't from Alicesoft they have a very similar feel to their games. I also highly recommend Kamidori Alechmy Meister which has some of the best gameplay elements ever of any visual novel.
I am glad you agree with many of my recommendations :)

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
This right here is my problem with the game.

Everything else is really well done from the gameplay to the women to the scenes but Aster is annoying little fuckstick. It's not even the sex talk that gets me, that can be amusing when the character isn't irritating as fuck.

It's more that it's sex talk that seems to come across as whiny and childish. If they had made him a less whiny sex addict, that would have been great.

It's more frustrating than anything else. The game is great but the main character drags it down.

I felt like I was controlling a 13 year old that had just seen his first pair of tits which could have been amusing for the first chapter but after getting 10 fucking wives it gets a bit old. The lack of character growth and personality was a huge down side.

It's a damn good job some of those wives were great characters because the MC was far too one dimensional to carry the game on his own.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
he's never faced with anyone that can trounce him. so far, anyway, and the white and black knights don't count because they let him go. I'm at the end of Chapter 4, and I think I'll probably drop it here.
chapter 5,5 is where the real fun begins. And both knight are allowing Aster to live because that's part of their grand- scheme. they are allowing him to get stronger but damn! when you reach that part you'll change your opinion of aster. some of the choices he makes are amazingly unexpected. The fight with the knights is a teachng moment of what the word humanity means

Kiyokun90

Jun 2, 2017
Well he is a sex addict but I like him. I mean let's remember that the guy lived in a village with less than 100 people and the only real female he saw was the twins who he coudn't marry so no sex at all, of course he was sex depraved and nobody explained him anything about sex. I prefer characters like him to others who are overly timid and they think that women are angelic and pure and never think about sex. He is a good honest guys trained by (not gonna spoiler) two amazing twins who can know about hime even when he is afar from them of course he has to be special with a tutor like them. So I don't hate him much. And also like many so far (I'm at chapter 4) I love all th girls especially Kath man she is really funny to me, a nice tsundere shut-in. The game is simple but well done. I like simple game and I like the drop sistem too. The only annoying thing are the megamonster man they are hard to fight and I hate to go on leaving something inexplored in this kind of game but you can't win against them if you are at low level. So fr I only beaten one of them.
But the best are the hunnyes for me, Best omnster of the game. They are fun to break as hell. Dam I want to break some too

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
He was trained all about sex, you'll find out later.

Doesn't make him any less annoying.

There are plenty of ways of making a sex addicted character without making them into whiny kids which is what he comes across as.

Edit - play a drinking game. Count how many times someone died or got raped/tortured or how many plot points could have been solved much sooner had Aster not been such a brain dead moron.

Hopefully nobody gets alcohol poisoning from that.

Nikira

Bad Member
Donor
Jan 6, 2018
Some say now it's time to wait for the heavily implied sequel to arrive.:confused:
In the meantime something to cheer up.
Anime Love Story.

Each Person Has A Love Story.They Will Stay With Their Love Until They Die.:teary:

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
It's almost certain a sequel is coming after that ending and the sequel bait throughout the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They did say that while he has no more ranks to gain he can still gain wife slots. If they are going to keep him as dumb as he is then they need more wife banter. Also needs more party members. Be nice to change things up for quests.

Although it would be hilarious if he's had an army of children by then and the next game is an RTS controlling armies of his kids with tiny spears.

Croaker23

Jul 29, 2017
No, i beat it without the permit. Can't say much about damage, i think it was around 12k, but my level was only 65-70 . Hm,i need to try it with Riche
how do you get to the golden hannie? i can see it on the map when i sail by, but i must be missing something obvious as far as getting to it

madlad1

Jun 26, 2018
so I decided to sit down and write more than just "I loved it" as my opinion
The early/mid game story was predictable but fun while the end game was less predictable and way better.
I really liked the characters. (Except Yarase. He should've suffered more.)
The gameplay was pretty safe and simple for an RPG and the enemy encounters happened too frequently even with cover movement on. But it wasn't enough to destrot the experience.
The h-scenes were mostly really well-drawn but some of the end-game h-cgs felt lazy.
exploring the world and collecting all the secrets were very fun and gave me a reason to play after completion.
The side-quests had annoying ones but they were still entertaining.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Couple of questions...

First are there any missable wives? Like any that you collect on side quests that I should be looking out for.

Also are there something like uber weapons / armor for the characters that need to be found that are not part of story?

Kiyokun90

Jun 2, 2017
I can't wait to see if Croix will become a wife or if she is involved with Barro. Man he is the most scary character so far in the game even more than the doctor since even him watch the white knight. I just love her look and voice. Hope nothing bad wll happen to her

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I can't wait to see if Croix will become a wife or if she is involved with Barro. Man he is the most scary character so far in the game even more than the doctor since even him watch the white knight. I just love her look and voice. Hope nothing bad wll happen to her
You're a bit late to the party, a lot of us have already finished it and could spoil that for you so be warned when coming to the forums, especially reading spoilers,.

D

Deleted member 59977

how do you get to the golden hannie? i can see it on the map when i sail by, but i must be missing something obvious as far as getting to it
Go by boat to the beach to the south of Kalar Village. There is a hidden route through the forest (just stick to the forest wall and you will find it).

Look at the attached image.

Nikira

Bad Member
Donor
Jan 6, 2018
Alright did what you said but the random encounter script still doesn't work but everything else does.
finale i found out the problem.go Gurigura skills ability and temporary disable them.
now turn on random encounter in table.set what want on it.return Gurigura ability skills and turn them on again.:coldsweat:
Also keep in mind that you may miss skills from no encounters there some skills come only from battles.

4.20 star(s) 65 Votes