ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Well nice af.
I wonder how i managed to take so long to explore this title. Its unique im willing to replay a title purly out of "no content no more - rage" :D
Thankz to devs for this great piece of art!

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
So, any news on the update?
The dev seems to be working on another game called Dawnchaser
It seems Prometheus took inspiration from NiiChan, or he really wants to 1-up him (I jest, I swear!).

According to the discord (April 22nd):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Either way, it seems the release for v0.6 might be later into q3 or q4. Dawnchasers seems as though it might be a supplemental story Prometheus wanted to tell, perhaps introducing a bit more lore/backstory without bloating Evermore.

Just throwing my 2 cents in: release cycles for fleshed out AVNs typically range from 6 - 12 months (on average) irregardless of how many devs are on the project. Unless Prometheus decided he absolutey despises us (or maybe just me :unsure: ), then I doubt we'd go for longer than a year without seeing the next update.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
It seems Prometheus took inspiration from NiiChan, or he really wants to 1-up him (I jest, I swear!).

Either way, it seems the release for v0.6 might be later into q3 or q4. Dawnchasers seems as though it might be a supplemental story Prometheus wanted to tell, perhaps introducing a bit more lore/backstory without bloating Evermore.
It's not quite the same as Nii's games, though there are some similarities. Evermore and Dawnchaser are related, but in a very different way.

The above (which you don't need to know if you want to avoid spoilers) means that the canon of Dawnchaser is not dependent on the ongoing canon of Evermore, which, honestly, is a great way of handling things.

Don't be worried about LI cross-contamination, either. There will very definitely be zero LI crossover between the two games, though some characters (including Evermore LIs) may appear in both. The factors posted in the spoiler block mean that their roles will be significantly different between the two games, though, so it's highly unlikely we'll run into a situation like the "this LI really should be with the MBIML MC instead of the Sicae MC" thing with Jess and Kana in Sicae/MBIML.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023
Why? Did they finished the work an Evermore already?
Of course not, why would you think so? Evermore will continue and the updates most likely be alternating between the two, there has been no indication whatsoever that this game is getting abandoned. Don't know where slick97 has their info's from, but...
it seems the release for v0.6 might be later into q3 or q4.
...seems like a realistic thing if Dawnchaser gets released soon~ish.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
why would you think so?
Because starting something new without even finishing the actual project is a sign of a lack of determination. The probability that neither the one nor the other project will ever be completed is very low. The players of both projects will be dissatisfied due to the long waiting times. Most of the time this turns around and the audience becomes toxic towards the dev, which then leads to devs giving up. Good devs avoid this. Exceptions prove the rule. Why should Prometheus take the risk of ruining his hobby?

Feb 21, 2023
Because starting something new without even finishing the actual project is a sign of a lack of determination. The probability that neither the one nor the other project will ever be completed is very low. The players of both projects will be dissatisfied due to the long waiting times. Most of the time this turns around and the audience becomes toxic towards the dev, which then leads to devs giving up. Good devs avoid this. Exceptions prove the rule. Why should Prometheus take the risk of ruining his hobby?
Let's agree to disagree.
slick97 had posted a reason that seemed pretty good. Therein it would be a supplementary project to provide more lore and context to the main project while avoiding to bloat Evermore without end. A good reason in my opinion and nothing to do with any lack of determination or something like that. But I suppose we will see with time how that goes.

Edit: I get that this has gone south for some devs, I just don't think that a clear secondary project (that would not receive the same dev time as the main one) would lead to the points mentioned, but rather other factors like decline in overall quality and such. As far as I understand it from previous comments, the long wait time for Evermore now won't be a regular thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: slick97

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Therein it would be a supplementary project to provide more lore and context to the main project while avoiding to bloat Evermore without end. A good reason in my opinion and nothing to do with any lack of determination or something like that.
There's nothing wrong with a sequel, prequel, or spin-off once the first project is finished. The problem is that (unfortunately) experience speaks for itself. Prometheus is by no means the first dev to get bored with a project and want to start something new. Take the time sometime and go through all the projects here on F95 that have the abandon tag just for fun. Read the threads from when the projects went down the drain and how it happened. A dev is not doing himself any favors. On the contrary. As a rule, the number of supporters on Patreon explodes when a dev has successfully completed a project and then releases a follow-up project.

Feb 21, 2023
Take the time sometime and go through all the projects here on F95 that have the abandon tag just for fun. Read the threads from when the projects went down the drain and how it happened. A dev is not doing himself any favors.
Oh, I am perfectly well aware that these failures exist and that there even is a higher chance for failure when multiple projects are involved. I just think there is a difference between prometheus trying to give extra context and content and these half-abandonments where devs in all honesty just didn't want to continue at all. The latter is the "lets have a kid" in a failing relationship to fix things. That is at least my view on why there are so many devs failing with multiple projects. It's not that they had multiple projects, they were giving up before that already and then started a new one to try and bridge that somehow. Don't know if that makes any sense, at least that's what I think.

And again, I completely get the concern that this might backfire here as well. Just from what I read I did not interpret this to be the case with prometheus and that we will still get mostly only Evermore as the clear main project avoiding most of the issues.
I could be wrong of course, but in best internet discussion manner, I just really hope that instead you are and that prometheus knows what he's doing :KEK:

But in all honesty, I get why it may look concerning but until we get more signs of things going actually downhill I will try to at least offer some counterbalance to any doomsaying. Evermore has been quite enjoyable and on a good path so far that's why I am giving the dev some leeway before I say things look bad. Of course, if things do go south you can always say to me: "Told you so" :KEK:

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Exactly, bear in mind that Evermore had an abandoned tag for a good while because it had gone for quite a while (I think over a year) without an update because the dev was busy (I think with University obligations). To his credit he kept strongly expressing that he wasn't abandoning it and came back with two updates. However, given that he has had this problem in the past, why put test yourself further with developing two games at the same time.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
It's probably safe to say this one is going to be abandoned along with the other game the dev is making. it never ends well when working on 2 games simultaneously

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AnonW123

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
There are counterexamples, like Blackheart, NiiChan, N2TheFire, and several others, a few of whom I can't name here.

Fundamentally, though, Prometheus has shown that he can endure having an Abandoned tag here, since he knows his own motivations, and isn't giving up on this game no matter how long it takes. I'd say he's earned the benefit of the doubt at this point.
Hopefully without risking the ire of the mods here I'd like to add that the context behind why an update took so long matters as well. AnonW123 pointed out it was due to university, which is honestly a more than acceptable reason for the hiatus. Additionally, transparency is key if an update is going to take longer than 12 months (i.e. Is it a big update? Are IRL obligations getting in the way?).

I did add a transcript of what was said in the Discord regarding Dawnchasers and Evermore, but for those who didn't see it here's the keynotes as well as a snippet of Prometheus' statement regarding the new title:
  • Dawnchasers is "close to finished"
  • The plot and cast of Dawnchasers are primarily going to add depth to Evermore as that's considered the main game
  • The first chapter is equivalent to multiple Evermore updates
The key takeaway I got is that Prometheus has some kind of improved workflow if he's able to release a significant amount of content in the span of a few months. To add to that, it also seems like Dawnchasers - as I mentioned earlier - is primarily meant to add to the depth and lore of the Evermore world. A better way to think of this title is that it's similar to the comics - Redemption, Evolution, and Invasion - from the Mass Effect series.

Tl;dr
I'm doubtful we'll see Evermore ever be abandoned regardless of what tags are applied to it on f95.

Reactions: tslojr and jahall

AnonW123

Dec 26, 2019
Hopefully without risking the ire of the mods here I'd like to add that the context behind why an update took so long matters as well. AnonW123 pointed out it was due to university, which is honestly a more than acceptable reason for the hiatus. Additionally, transparency is key if an update is going to take longer than 12 months (i.e. Is it a big update? Are IRL obligations getting in the way?).

I did add a transcript of what was said in the Discord regarding Dawnchasers and Evermore, but for those who didn't see it here's the keynotes as well as a snippet of Prometheus' statement regarding the new title:
  • Dawnchasers is "close to finished"
  • The plot and cast of Dawnchasers are primarily going to add depth to Evermore as that's considered the main game
  • The first chapter is equivalent to multiple Evermore updates
The key takeaway I got is that Prometheus has some kind of improved workflow if he's able to release a significant amount of content in the span of a few months. To add to that, it also seems like Dawnchasers - as I mentioned earlier - is primarily meant to add to the depth and lore of the Evermore world. A better way to think of this title is that it's similar to the comics - Redemption, Evolution, and Invasion - from the Mass Effect series.

Tl;dr
I'm doubtful we'll see Evermore ever be abandoned regardless of what tags are applied to it on f95.
I understand where you're coming from. The truth is that when Evermore was labelled as abandoned (even before that) Prometheus would often respond that it wasn't and that he was slowly working on it. Hell it was kind of like Candyman, say abandoned on the Evermore thread and he would pop up like "nuh uh". When the game returned he dropped two quality updates in quick succession, so I get why you want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, I am seriously skeptical because I have seen and heard where juggling two games kills at least one of them and he has already had that struggle with balancing development on Evermore with uni. Will it really be easier balancing it against another game? I don't know. It's concerning to me.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Hell it was kind of like Candyman, say abandoned on the Evermore thread and he would pop up like "nuh uh".
So... if we say PrometheusEVN 's name three times (PrometheusEVN, PrometheusEVN), he magically appears?

Sorry.. I just had to jump at the opportunity of making a dad tier joke lol

That being said, I am seriously skeptical because I have seen and heard where juggling two games kills at least one of them and he has already had that struggle with balancing development on Evermore with uni. Will it really be easier balancing it against another game? I don't know. It's concerning to me.
I don't think it's a bad idea for fans to be skeptical of his workflow, especially if they were around during the first delay. Tiur game some great examples of devs who managed to balance 2+ projects. However, Prometheus isn't relying on AVNs as a sole source of income, or at least that's what it seems like from his posts on Discord. In all honesty, these seem like passion projects, which is the main reason why I doubt Evermore would ever be abandoned - it just doesn't guarantee consistent update schedules.

Between you and me (please don't tell him I said this...): I only ever felt comfortable enough to support 2 devs on this entire site, both of which aren't even on the front 5 pages of the weighted rating list. The first has routinely paused his Patreon subs whenever he doesn't feel he's done enough work on the project; and the other is someone I've seen extensive insight into his workflow (alpha renders, script changes, etc.). As much as I love what Prometheus has done with his project, he just hasn't quite reached that level of the other 2.

Reactions: tslojr and AnonW123

luckyluca01

May 25, 2020
so i just finished the game and all i have to say about this is: "Ahem" I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRREEEEE: GIVE ME MOOOOOOOOOORE

4.50 star(s) 47 Votes