3.20 star(s) 20 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The language is much better now... Some tiny minor things but otherwise it makes much more sense and is easier to read. Now then, I don't like that I can't ask Agnes out unless I have the Charm trait, IRL I am not charming but I can ask women out. Charm should determine if some of them will actually say yes not if you can ask them out in the first place.

Otherwise having Wit as the trait I picked in the beginning seems the most useful.

Also happy that we can reject Layla now, she is physically attractive but otherwise not interesting...

Look forward to seeing the next update as long as the language issues have now been sorted.

May 24, 2020
Yup, here it is again, it's an incredibly dumb hairstyle that actually bugs me. Still, it usually doesn't bug me too much if the MC isn't fully visible in more than a handful of scenes throughout the game, will have to wait and see.
Its the base male hair model in DAZ 3D modeling software that most these games use. I hate it, but its free. Free and ugly.

SilentSteps

Jan 4, 2019
I can't take the first mission. What's wrong? I am at the kitchen and it won't let me take any actions. Appartments are empty

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I see that fucking hair model and I immediately put your game on ignore. Free or not, it's not that hard to get something different. World's most cringy hairstyle. Only character that can pull that shit off is Johnny Bravo, and this MC is definitely not him.

• Haha
Reactions: bottomfeeder

Desakt

Game Developer
Mar 20, 2021
Everything Will Be Fine [v0.1.2] APK - MEGA
Everything Will Be Fine [v0.1.2]
Added in "Others", thank you! :)

I see that fucking hair model and I immediately put your game on ignore. Free or not, it's not that hard to get something different. World's most cringy hairstyle. Only character that can pull that shit off is Johnny Bravo, and this MC is definitely not him.
Thanks for your comment. I know that everyone hates the MC's hairstyle. It'll be changed in Episode 2.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
Thanks for your comment. I know that everyone hates the MC's hairstyle. It'll be changed in Episode 2.
Ayyy, if the MC is going to be visible in a bunch of scenes then I also appreciate that switch. Johnny Bravo shall no longer be infringed upon by mere mortals.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Played it,it's an enjoyable first release. It helps of course that every female model is just gorgeous.

No game breaking bugs is also a plus.

Reactions: Desakt

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Just started playing...
His mom expects him to help out around the house? That bitch! Time to move out. LOL
Side note: Maybe not making the mom so hot may have helped sell me on the move. Just saying.
Plus, to me, the older brother looks more like he should be the dad or maybe a previous step-dad.

Reactions: big_boy_undercover

Xypher

May 1, 2017
This game looks promising though I wonder what's the maledom content in the future?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
The writing has some weakness, but it's definitely not a lazy effort. Maybe try to ease into the changing tones a bit, rather than switching back and fourth on a dime. I like that there is an effort made to match the music with the tone of the text, but it also exacerbates the feeling that the game is changing tones abruptly. Maybe find a slightly neutral sounding tune for the usual stuff, and use that cheerful ass music only when things are actually really goofy/silly/happy.

I think you might have tried to fit in too much in a rather short first release. We have no real time to identify with the MC. He had a real hard time with the mom, but all we really see is her telling us to wash the dishes lol. Sure, we can get behind the idea that she has been a distant and cold mother. But then, the MC moves out and immediately has this hopeful outlook on life. Alright, I don't really care about you at all yet, but good luck, MC. I'll root for ya. Then we have some nice talks with the bro (great character btw). Getting emotional with the "I love you, bro" stuff comes and goes rather abruptly again.

Layla seems quite rushed as well. It plays out kind of like a one night stand after a bar hook up, but actually they were introduced and went on kind of a semi date. It's a bit weird why she would fall for the MC immediately, because they hardly exchanged any words lol. She obviously found his looks attractive, but she also says that he is a good person or something and the cuddle after sex seems too intimate for their relationship so far.

To emphasize one point from all this, I'd say that the dev should really consider if the intended emotion of a scene is being delivered correctly to the audience. I think the tone is shifting way too rapidly for any of it to really sink in. Heartfelt moments take some set up and build up for it to reach the intended effect.

For example, the talk with the brother at the coffee shop fails to hit the mark because it just comes and goes too fast. One moment they are just shooting the shits with the cheerful music, then the sad music comes up with the talk about mom. Then we go right back to cheerful music and joking around.

Imagine a different set up. Maybe the brothers are sitting in the backyard with a few beers and catching up. They joke around and reminisce about their childhood. Remembering some good times. And then it can naturally flow to some of the harsher memories. Maybe the big bro protected the MC from mom's antics. They would probably get emotional and such here. Then bro can talk about how mom has faults but she is also a tragic figure. He convinces MC to talk to her. Then they break the tension with some jokes, and the scene ends shortly after with a far shot from behind, with the 2 bros sitting side by side under the starlight.

Anyways, I still found the first release to be on the enjoyable side. Good luck on the game. Just take this text dump as constructive criticism.

3.20 star(s) 20 Votes