Ren'Py Completed Eve's Story [v1.2 Vip] [Drakus]

2.20 star(s) 21 Votes

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
In my first playthrough, I wanted the girl to be lewd with everyone except the dad because I wasn't all that interested in the incest element of it.

Turns out there are hidden requirements so you cannot progress the old man without progressing the dad content.

Not sure if this is intentional but it needs to be re-factored as it will continue to cause a problem going forward.
That's exactly the blocker I ran into while playing. As a player you are given options to pick from but many of them are not actually optional and you must make specific choices whether you like it or not. Otherwise you'll eventually be unable to make any further progress. Its such a shame. In my case I was avoiding the "uncle" and if you do, you'll get stuck jerking of dad forever going nowhere.

Reactions: Michael9000

El Buho

Nov 2, 2019
The grind of this game seems excessive. Also every time I click on the school, I go there and the bell rings and then it immediately transports me back to her room. screenshot0001.png

Reactions: dav121

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
The grind of this game seems excessive. Also every time I click on the school, I go there and the bell rings and then it immediately transports me back to her room.
Click the help button, it should give you more info, there are requirements to unlocking scenes at school one being bad grades.

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Well, if that's your kink it might not be so bad. :sneaky:

But it makes sense since he is part of the main story, you can't skip the main story in any game... That's reserved to side quests.
What else would you want, to change the entire story just because you don't like how things are panning out?
If it's not your kink then it's closer to some kind of purgatory closely resembling hell XD

If it's considered the main story as you state... then it's not optional, right? therefore why give the player any choice at all? it's not the player's responsibility to know what choices are the correct ones to proceed through the game and what ones will get you stuck in a content loop.

At the very least I would expect the dev to playtest the content, if something is not optional then the code behind the game should force the user journey to take the correct options.

Reactions: dav121

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
At the very least I would expect the dev to playtest the content, if something is not optional then the code behind the game should force the user journey to take the correct options.
Are you saying that if a boss is hard in a game then it should be coded so that you instantly kill him? that's the whole point of sandbox games, to figure out how to proceed. If you are following the story you can progress without help, if you are lost or stuck use the help button...

El Buho

Nov 2, 2019
Click the help button, it should give you more info, there are requirements to unlocking scenes at school one being bad grades.
Thanks, I did click the help button and it mostly tells me to do things I already did. How do you get bad grades BTW??

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Are you saying that if a boss is hard in a game then it should be coded so that you instantly kill him? that's the whole point of sandbox games, to figure out how to proceed. If you are following the story you can progress without help, if you are lost or stuck use the help button...
Have you ever heard the expression comparing oranges to apples? boss fights and an option that leads to a dead-end with no way of getting out of are not even remotely the same thing.

The ability to choose an option that leads to an irreversible dead-end is quite clearly a bug that needs to be resolved by the dev, if that was intended gameplay then he should quit developing immediately, also the help button continues to tell you to go to school and work to progress so even in the strange case that this was the intention of the dev the game would still be bugged and broken in that aspect since the help section is providing false tips.

Having an option that leads to nowhere is tantamount to having a button on a website that does nothing, you might add it as a bit of a joke but in most, if not all cases, you would make the user aware that it was there for joke purposes and that there is another intended route.

Your previous response leads me to believe you are trolling or just trying to play devil's advocate so I'm going to follow the previous guy and peace out at this point as I don't have time to debate silliness.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
boss fights and an option that leads to a dead-end with no way of getting out of are not even remotely the same thing.
He said he doesn't want to face a main boss that is required to progress... How is that not the same thing?
Only side bosses are optional.

In any game if you decide not to kill one of the main bosses because you "like him" you will also get stuck eternally without anything else to do...
That's how almost every game works and noone would call that a "dead-end" unless you couldn't go back and kill that boss.

Liquidacid

Aug 16, 2017
If it's considered the main story as you state... then it's not optional, right? therefore why give the player any choice at all? it's not the player's responsibility to know what choices are the correct ones to proceed through the game and what ones will get you stuck in a content loop.
Dumbest thing I've heard all day. The option to fail is what makes a game a game and it IS the player's responsibility to figure out what the correct choices are because again that is what makes it a game. You as the player of a game need to figure out what the right things to do are to win. That is how all games are. If you couldn't make wrong choices and were forced to only be able to do the right ones to progress then it wouldn't be a game.

Maybe you should just go stick to kinetic novels or something if this is to much for you to handle.

Last edited:

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
Dumbest thing I've heard all day. The option to fail is what makes a game a game and it IS the player's responsibility to figure out what the correct choices are because again that is what makes it a game. You as the player of a game need to figure out what the right things to do are to win. That is how all games are. If you couldn't make wrong choices and were forced to only be able to do the right ones to progress then it wouldn't be a game.

Maybe you should just go stick to kinetic novels or something if this is to much for you to handle.
The main problem is that everything is tied to one missable thing, something like a boss fight is not missable as if you ignore it your just not playing the game at all.

Using the you have to play right or your playing wrong is a way to justify all thing to be right like <BF2042 is not a bad game your just not playing it right> which is incorrect it is a bad game.

mamlas55

May 16, 2018
Wouldn't open.

EDIT: Tried another install and it runs. Needs a way to know what time it is and hints are lacking. Otherwise cute, but grindy.
In scripts just change lines with text init offset = 490 to #init offset = 490 = comment the line

mewsteel

Dec 11, 2019
excellent game I have watched it since 1.0 but it seems strange to me that there is no vaginal sex and it would be time to add the pregnancy or something that warns you if you are free or at risk of becoming pregnant,

Reactions: OzBrit

xesaie

Nov 3, 2020
The main problem is that everything is tied to one missable thing, something like a boss fight is not missable as if you ignore it your just not playing the game at all.

Using the you have to play right or your playing wrong is a way to justify all thing to be right like <BF2042 is not a bad game your just not playing it right> which is incorrect it is a bad game.
This is the thing, it's not a problem of 'this requires a kink I don't like', although it should be tagged appropriately if it's that core, it's the Horrendous User Experience.
  • Poor communication of goals
  • Poor communication of progress
  • Poor communication of what's necessary and what's not
  • Poor feedback on the result of actions
  • Poor story path construction with unlabeled dead ends
  • Poor pacing (ie grind) that makes the whole experience more time consuming and annoying

If it's an incest game, fine there's tons of those. People can avoid it. The problem is the hidden requirement of a particular decision/action and no way to know what went wrong.

This game is something I should want to play, but it's just so... bad. I'm just basically hanging around hoping that someone makes a good cheat mod for it at this point, so I can enjoy the content without the constant agony that is playing this game.

Edit: The whole thing feels like a machine learning experiment gone awry. Like the dev knows all the things that are supposed to go into a sandbox game, but doesn't understand the why of any of them.

Liquidacid

Aug 16, 2017

No that's completely different. BF2042 is a bad game because it's buggy and broken no matter how the player chooses to play it. This is someone crying because they couldn't figure out or chose not to do something that is required to progress in a half finished game. That is not a problem with the game but the player.

Last edited:

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017

Dumbest thing I've read all day.... In the specific case where the game is programmed to have both a Win & Lose case scenario, your point would be valid however your thought process in regards to the context of this conversation is flawed.

Example of Win & Lose case scenario.
When fighting a boss you can win by killing the boss and lose by death to the boss.

• It is common practice when hitting a losing case scenario to be given a game over screen or a notification of some kind, you are also provided the option to return to a previous save point to try again.
  • It is not common practice to allow the user to continue past that boss area without beating it.
  • The only exception would be an optional boss in which case you can choose not to fight it at all

Example of Win & Lose case scenario not involving a boss fight.
You are tasked with the completion of a puzzle or to solve a riddle before a timer reaches zero, if you solve the puzzle/riddle before the timer reaches zero you win, however, if the clock runs out you lose.

• It is common practice when hitting a losing case scenario in this context to be told you have failed the puzzle and you are then often presented with the option to try again.
  • It is not common practice to allow the user to move past this room or to progress further in the game without solving the puzzle/riddle.
  • The only exception would be if the puzzle or riddle is optional and has no bearing on story progression.

Example of Terrible Programming.
You are given 2 options choosing one of those options leads you down a path you can not return from, it completely blocks all ability to progress in the game and fails to notify the player in any way that they have entered a dead-end, the user now spends hours pointlessly clicking things trying to figure out how they get further in the game until they finally give up out of frustration.

In the first two examples, there is always a way to move forward you are notified of your failure and given the ability to try again.

We are not talking about other games we are talking about a specific case in this specific game in which you are left in a state where none of the functionality of the game works anymore, and nothing is put in place to make you aware you have made a wrong choice, this is quite clearly an oversight by the developer or a bug, it does not work as it is intended to.

If you can't understand the difference between these scenarios you should stick to reading books and educating yourself some more instead of posting on forums.

Don't expect further responses, arguing about this game isn't worth either of our time.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRB333 and dav121

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Got to say I've never seen before on this site, such aggressive shilling for such a poor game.

Hinatsukino

Jul 15, 2018
Soooo, I'm now being told that I have to go to the park during the day, but the option is not there. Is this the end or is my file corrupted or is there something I have to do that it hasn't told me?

2.20 star(s) 21 Votes