TheGorden

Apr 7, 2018
Based on going through 7 forum pages of hate I seriously doubt I will develop on this site anymore. I didn't realize that the site was filled with so many hateful people. I worked my ass off on this update and made major improvements to a largely forgotten game. I donated 90% of my free time this Spring and Summer working on this project. The changelog is large. Lesson learned I guess. Despite all the hate my improvements are a huge leap forward for this game. Play the original game and it will be night and day different.
No Please I love your work. Unfortunately, those who find bad things always prefer to write. Please don't let yourself be dragged down. You do a wonderful job.

Reactions: Paprika and Sigvil

SoulsSurvivor

Oct 27, 2018
You are correct, sorry.

A boxing skill of 3000 or higher is considered "legendary" and you will win nearly every boxing match with that score I believe.
So am I just retarded or what? My boxing skill is 3600 and have lost every single pro match. Feels pretty unfair when I can do literally nothing to improve my skill but still lose every time.

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
Thank you for bringing Evil 2 back to the community. Those early games are often complexity monsters and full of unknown code flaws, so I have a rough idea what it means to attempt a revival. F95 while being a largely popular distribution platform, I'd hardly consider a forum with mostly developer-friendly users. Some users are quick to voice feelings or frustration and slow to contribute to the development. I hope you do not abandon this project but open a discord, TF forum (despite the change of tags), P/SS or smtg else to create an actual community, maybe even get additional community devs onboard to further the game.

Reactions: ThanosFarekSeid

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
Based on going through 7 forum pages of hate I seriously doubt I will develop on this site anymore. I didn't realize that the site was filled with so many hateful people. I worked my ass off on this update and made major improvements to a largely forgotten game. I donated 90% of my free time this Spring and Summer working on this project. The changelog is large. Lesson learned I guess. Despite all the hate my improvements are a huge leap forward for this game. Play the original game and it will be night and day different.
The game is a victim of it's own success. People want to play it, but don't know how. Most simply lack the communication skills to articulate this constructively. The vocal minority of half-wits doesn't accurately represent everyone, but I understand how annoying it can be to listen to them.

Reading comments here-and-there tells me you really have improved the game considerably. Looking forward to trying it.

Last edited:

Wuesterix

Sep 29, 2017
Guys and girls - this is why we can't have nice things. :(

For anyone with questions - the dev has graciously included a very clearly-written "FAQ" section in the OP. Please take a few minutes to check there before posting questions that have already been answered multiple times.

For anyone complaining about the large file sizes - there are ways around this, both with and without VPN. All you need is some patience. Again these have been answered multiple times.

For anyone who's not familiar with this game or is coming back after a long absence - this game is an odd one. It's basically a fan remake of the original "EVIL", not a true sequel. This project was launched by spectre1viper, and then taken over by jessicajones. Both devs no longer develop on this site, and if you're curious, you can read their own posts in this thread explaining why.

Noobtrain is the THIRD developer to choose to take up work on this project, purely voluntarily. There is no Patreon or other compensation and he does this as a labor of love. The game would have been long since abandoned if not for his work, and this thread would be all but dead. He's also done more bugfixing, quality-of-life fixes, and engaging with players than pretty much any other dev I can think of on this site, professional or otherwise.

Please try and keep comments positive and constructive.

There is nothing more to say.

noobtrain: Keep up your good work. *Thumps up*

Sartain

Jul 4, 2017
Honestly, these forums are full of super-entitled toxic trolls, I'm surprised you didn't know.

dookie85

Nov 18, 2020
Well, I'm finally back on Windows for a bit, so I'll check out the updates. I haven't played since jessicajones was patching things. There's plenty of seeds for the torrent, so I hope that archive has the latest hotfix.

Thanks for the updates regardless. Don't worry about fools talking shit.

Reactions: fr12rebel

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
Out of curiosity noobtrain did you remove the gay content because you don't want to include it in your version or because you're planning on overhauling that too in the future?

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
For anyone complaining about the large file sizes - there are ways around this, both with and without VPN. All you need is some patience. Again these have been answered multiple times.
Easiest way around it is to just provide more mirrors which takes minutes and should be done anyways as the thread owner since so many people have requested it.

Alternative but also easy way around it is to have the dev cut the roughly 9gbs of file bloat from the game (as of the previous update) since it adds quite literally nothing and would cause basically every size complaint to vanish instantly since the game would now be of a reasonable size. It's easy enough for the average user to do manually (I've done it myself) so there's no reason the dev shouldn't be able to do it on their end.

What shouldn't be done, however, is knowingly letting your game size be vastly and unnecessarily bloated and then exclusively provide download links that require extra steps at all to download it and then say that's a good thing because it keeps the riffraff from playing it.

Also, bear in mind that the last 7 pages (as of that specific post) are overwhelmingly just people either trying to troubleshoot, asking for the file size to be reduced, or asking for more mirrors to be provided, with extremely few of those posts being even subjectively negative let alone "hateful". The dev would rather abandon the site and baselessly write off 7 pages as hate instead of just exerting the effort needed to fix these problems using their trivial solutions.

aon11

Sep 24, 2017
I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not, but in previous versions my drug couriers would, at time, fail and go to prison. That never happens to me now.

Henryhyde

May 25, 2017
Out of curiosity noobtrain did you remove the gay content because you don't want to include it in your version or because you're planning on overhauling that too in the future?
he has said that he is removing and there no plans for him to bring it back. He is contracted to do one or two more updates as .57

Henryhyde

May 25, 2017
You are absolutely correct. PLEASE IGNORE THE HATE.

Reactions: jinnhihho
3.90 star(s) 27 Votes