VN Ren'Py Abandoned Excluded [Ep. 2] [RevisedStrategy]

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes

How important to you (1 lowest, 5 highest) is Audio (music and/or sound effects) in a VN?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
MC called Olivia at least once already, so its not like "He doesn't care", and it would be registered as a missing call, also it seems that she has 0 agency over her actions, acting only in accordance to Melissa
I mean, the 'he doesn't care' and blocking someone immediately after one missed call doesn't make sense either way.
Like the other person maybe didn't hear the call, was driving, shower, toilet etc. Even if naive, that assumption is just dumb.
Or well maybe the MC could be rightfully pissed at Olivia after the shit she pulled, i mean saying he doesn't care' after the shit both of them did is just rich and if Olivia actually goes along with it she can fuck off together with the bitch sister.

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
[I'm confused but intrigued] is just about the best way I can sum up my feelings so far.
Things are confusing but I'm interested rather than annoyed.

I've mostly given up on the Mom and Melissa from what we've seen so far but Olivia might not be completely un-salvageable. It's highly likely her Mom fed her some bullshit about how keeping silent on things would be "kinder" on the MC or something and she seems impressionable enough to fall for it.

My main confusion is still the appallingly obvious way the Mom is going about everything even though Max was apparently living in the same house as them? Was this like a Harry Potter situation and Max just never saw the abuse or something?
I'd still like interactions with all of them because I like that type of drama. But I would like choices to allow for MC to come on top and make them feel like shit. It's obvious the game is setting him up to succeed despite his exclusion. So ignoring them for a time and then start interacting with them but in a cold and distant manner, despite their prior "family relationship", would make for some satisfying scenes.

Especially if they run in the same circles and he is being shown to be successful with girls surrounding him. And he treats them close and intimate like he used to treat the two sisters for years. But you can't set that up if you have him chasing them like an abandoned puppy. The first morning after the party should have been enough to decide to block them. Let them come to him trying to re-establish a relationship, only for MC to guilt trip them and start some prolonged grilling. It's rare games allow us to play petty MC, you are always forced to the high road.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
I for one don't even see Mel and Olivia as LI's anymore. Even if they are part of the story and will be main girls in it, I for one will go out of my way to end their path as soon as I can. Usually, with the corruption tag ( planned in Dev notes ), Id want to turn them into submissive toys...but everything so far that I have seen from them just makes me hope we can smash their world and destroy the mom.

Ander1480

Jul 13, 2018
melissa and olivia call themselves friends, disgusting people, I hope they can close the paths to those two or at least make them very submissive and beg to be with the mc, I very much hope for ellie and charlotte's route and that the mc can spend a lot of time with the friend who looks like good people.

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
The ending to the update makes no sense.

MC tried calling Olivia multiple times the previous night and current day. Olivia should have multiple missed calls from MC on her phone, clearly he is trying to get in contact with you Olivia! But no, you make one phone call to him late at night that he misses, and then you decide he doesn't care about you anymore and block him. What utter nonsense. I get that Melissa and Kate are manipulating Olivia, but the game doesn't even acknowledge the fact that Olivia should have missed calls from MC (and possibly texts too). Is Olivia just an idiot?

BallerTime

May 14, 2017
The fact that there wasn't an option to decline the call is concerning to me. It doesn't matter if the phone was about to die. If you're going to bother with asking whether the player wants to take the framed photograph, why don't you ask the much more important question of whether they want to speak to her? The MC acting so desparate to answer the call against my will really took me out of the experience.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
I mean the 'he doesn't care' and blocking someone immediatly after one missed call doesn't make sense either way.
Like the other person maybe didn't hear the call, was driving, shower, toilet etc. Even if naive, that assumption is just dumb.
Or well maybe the MC could be rightfully pissed at Olivia after the shit she pulled, i mean saying he doesn't care' after the shit both of them did is just rich and if Olivia actually goes along with it she can fuck off together with the bitch sister.
I agree, and my point is that Olivia seems devoid of agency, and its like a puppet, incapable of reaching her own decisions.

Is Olivia just an idiot?
This is my take as well, it seems that Olivia is just plain dumb.

Last edited:

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Im so confused...

First i would not even want to talk to that olivia girl, keeping that stuff secret is weird and makes her untrustworthy, if someone told you it straight up you would be fine but keeping it secret and getting you to help to meet her is just weird as fuck.

He then rings them multiple times after which i would never do and then when she finally tries to call back he cant answer and then they are somehow mad at him? in what universe is this his fault? why tf would the sister be mad at olivia about it all then suddenly they're together and shes trying to convince her the mc is bad?

i like the game but story wise its not adding up and i dont see why anyone would even want to talk to her. sure they have been friends for a long long time but that doesnt come across so well in the game right now, we have seen none of their past to be invested into the character and to want him to talk to her as much as he does.. this is why some games are great when they take a while to build up, because when emotions come into it you understand why the character is acting this way.. when its not it just leaves me feeling confused and not wanting anything to do with them. blocking someones number because they didnt pick up is very childish lol

anon2323j

Feb 8, 2022
Clearly what happened is Mommy dearest convinced Melissa that MC had something to do with MC and Olivia not getting into college.
She likely told them something akin to MC coming on to her or a story of him creeping on them through-out their lives.

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
People saying "mom said something to Melissa" really didn't read the last three phrases that Melissa said in the end of chapter 2...
"and just to make sure"...
"i'm sorry, Ellie"...
"Collateral damage"...
There is a big chance that Melissa is doing that of her own volition, being that a personal reason or a crush, maybe she plans on using Olivia naivety to put a gap in Olivia relation with the MC so that she can jump in and take the MC for herself when he feels rejected but has no idea what is going on because Melissa cut contact with both the MC and Ellie, or some other reason wich by this point is pointless...
Even if there is an oportunity to forgive both Melissa and Olivia, i wouldn't, i would just put that relation down like i put that picture, its like Ellie said, screw them...

RogueEagle

Jul 28, 2017
Question real quick, any hints on when the next episode should be ready to release?

By the way, i do hope that from episode 2 the MC becomes more independant and you guys actually give us the option to not call, deny calls or simply ignore them when any of the two(melissa or olivia) comes to try and talk with the MC in person, im really tired of games that force the MC to be a pus$y that that keeps calling a person that keeps ignoring them and picks the phone 1 milisecond after it rings, really pathetic, just let us play the game the way we want if you're putting a option to turn a picture down and not a call...

Last edited:

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Impressive.. very impressive work.. love the renders.. the mod music added fits well and i'm liking the writing for this narrative.. nice work i'll submit a review once finished but so far topmarks

Reactions: creyden

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
Well, the only complaint so far is the MC's appearance. Every day I wonder why the MCs of 99% of vn games are look....well above average. Leaving all that aside, I really loved the game! Really hot and cute girls and the renders are gorgeous. I want they all = ( Sadly this is not a harem game but oh well, you can't have everything in life I guess = )

Keep up the good work!

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
After playing through Ep. 2....I just don't get it.
These characters would be pitiful, if I could actually understand wtf their problem actually is.

Betrayal? What betrayal?

I try really hard to be understanding of other people's perspectives. But this story has me genuinely wondering what is going on in the writer's life that makes "This was the biggest mistake of my life, I have to move." a reasonable response to "I have to share a bathroom."

This is like watching a college freshman get hysterical because they got an -A for the first time in their life.
On the one had I feel bad that they are having a bad time.
But on the other hand...holy shit. They must have a seriously fucked up perspective to react that way.

Maybe this is satirical commentary and I just don't see it?

I gotta be honest. I'll probably pass on the rest of this one. Because...wow.

Note to the Developer:
This kind of perspective is unhealthy, and you matter enough to deserve being happy.​
If you need help there's no shame in asking for it.​

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
After playing through Ep. 2....I just don't get it.
These characters would be pitiful, if I could actually understand wtf their problem actually is.

Betrayal? What betrayal?
MC and Olivia applied to NCU and their mother (of Melissa Olivia and MC) offered to take in the applications since she used to work there. They didnt get in, when they investigated, the applications never made it. Thats betrayal 1 from MC's pov. Ellie behind the scenes tells her mom who still works there and they find a single spot, she doesnt have MCs numbers so tells Olivia since she and MC are close. Olivia keeps it secret and applies for the spot herself without telling MC. Betrayal 2 from MC pov. She lies and acts vague and drags MC to the party so she can talk to her sister and bails on him in the search then ghosts him. Betrayal 3 from MC pov. Melissa also bails on Ellie who has been nothing but helpful and honest with MC ,leaving her dead drunk at a party and with all the rent to cover. Betrayal 4 from MC and Ellie pov.

Lots of betrayals to go around.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Olivia and Melissa are cunts. The mom seems like a bitch too who never liked MC, why he stayed with them is something that should be revealed soon. Only decent people in MC life right now is Charlotte who seems to really like MC and helped him with finding a place. Teddy who was very happy to reconnect with MC and help him grab his items and hang onto them. And Ellie who was honest with MC and tried to help him and Olivia by talking to her mom and finding a spot and offered her place for him to crash. MC needs to stop being a bitch and reconsider his network of friends. Dont know much about Victoria or the other girls staying in the apartment but she seems nice so far.

Hope dev doesnt give us a beta MC.

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
MC and Olivia applied to NCU and their mother (of Melissa Olivia and MC) offered to take in the applications since she used to work there. They didnt get in, when they investigated, the applications never made it.
True. But we don't know what actually happened. And MC knows even less.
Maybe someone at the school has a grudge against Mom and trashed them?
Maybe someone at the school has a grudge against MC and trashed them?
Maybe...Olivia and trashed them?
Etc.

It's not a betrayal until we know what actually happened.

Ellie behind the scenes tells her mom who still works there and they find a single spot, she doesnt have MCs numbers so tells Olivia since she and MC are close. Olivia keeps it secret and applies for the spot herself without telling MC.
Considering how insanely fragile every single character seems to be, Olivia is totally justified in not telling MC.
MC literally gets blackout drunk after finding this out, EVEN THOUGH he states he is happy for her and understands it.
Olivia might be a coward, but her judgement was sound. And MC agrees.
Not a betrayal.

She lies and acts vague and drags MC to the party so she can talk to her sister and bails on him in the search then ghosts him. Betrayal 3 from MC pov.
Again. We don't ACTUALLY know what went on. We saw one perspective and got some hearsay.

Question: Why bring him in the first place? Why tell him at all? We don't have a single other indication that she thinks of MC in anything but a positive light. Why would she go out of her way, and choose to do things in a more difficult way that was also hurtful? (It could just be bad writing, but I'll give the Dev the benefit of the doubt for now and assume the characters make some sort of sense.)​

And even IF it went down that way.

So.​
Fucking.​
What.​

That's not a betrayal. That's "You ate the last chicken wing!" or "Oh no, you already watched that movie without me?" level.

Melissa also bails on Ellie who has been nothing but helpful and honest with MC ,leaving her dead drunk at a party and with all the rent to cover. Betrayal 4 from MC and Ellie pov.
Wrong.

Ellie and Melissa haven't been talking lately. They didn't go to the party together. There was no one to ditch.
Ellie got wasted because she was sad about the state of her relationship with Melissa.

IF Melissa happened to notice Ellie drinking too much, and CHOSE not to intervene, then she was being a bad friend.
Even this isn't a betrayal. It is at worst a mistake. And a minor one.

Olivia and Melissa are cunts...
Based on what?
Olivia made exactly 2 cowardly choices that we see, and one of those MC also made.
Melissa is acting very strange in every single scene she is in. There is clearly something going on that the player and MC are in the dark about. This seems intentional story-wise.

They may both end up being total bitches.
But your opinions on them right now are based entirely in your head.
Their is either evidence opposing your view, or no evidence.

...The mom seems like a bitch too who never liked MC...
MC comments that he THINKS Mom never liked him. We have zero evidence.
MC is even told that this is untrue. We just don't know how reliable anyone actually is.

Is it weird that MC isn't in family pictures? Yes.​
Is it (strongly) implied that he TOOK several of those pictures? Yes.​
Does it mean something? Maybe? Probably?​
Do we know a SINGLE other thing about their relationship? No.​

Maybe she is a total bitch who has had it out for MC for a long time.
But again, your opinion isn't supported by ANYTHING. It's in your head.

Only decent people in MC life right now is Charlotte who seems to really like MC and helped him with finding a place...
Oh boy...
Charlotte is clearly obsessed with MC. Unhealthy obsessed.
The dev has gone out of their way to point it out in every scene she is in.
This is some horror movie foreshadowing. We are going to find out she has a life-sized doll of MC that is stuffed with his hair, and dressed with cloths she has stolen from his trash so it "smells like him".

And she isn't FINDING MC a place to live. It has been HER job to find more roommates for their apartment so their group can move out. Which she has been failing at. MC as a roommate fell into her lap.

SHE needs MC to move in with them. Not the other way around.
(Well...as much as "I can't possibly survive if I have to share a bathroom!" is an actual need...)
MC literally has a stable place to live, which he is going out of his way to leave because he is throwing a tantrum.

...Teddy who was very happy to reconnect with MC and help him grab his items and hang onto them...
I got nothing bad to say about Teddy.
He seems to be a genuine good guy who has his shit together and is trying to help out.

In fact, Teddy BEING a normal, well adjusted, helpful human being, is one of the things that puts every single other character into perspective. EVERYONE else clearly needs therapy and a drug regimen.

...And Ellie who was honest with MC and tried to help him and Olivia by talking to her mom and finding a spot and offered her place for him to crash...
Ellie is a mixed bag.
On the one hand, she was genuinely helpful with trying to get them into school.
On the other hand, MC staying at her place was CLEARLY something for her. She has obviously been into MC for a while.

"Oh. I'm so VERY drunk. Can you take me back to my apartment? My very EMPTY apartment?"​
"Just help me to my bedroom where I'll get undressed in front of you. OOPS you can see me topless."​
"Can you grab me my pajamas? Now turn around and definitely DON'T peek at me while I'm naked. Just within arms reach..."​

MC then goes and gets blackout drunk because someone somewhere might have minorly offended him, and he is too much of a pussy to confront anyone. Or find out what actually happened.

"Oh good morning. I was SO disappointed that you slept on this couch instead of coming into my room and sleeping in MY bed."​

So yeah. She is probably the second most 'normal' character.
But she also clearly has a reason to be helping MC other than just being a 'good person'.

MC needs to stop being a bitch...
Yes he does.
Except in this case, that means not throwing a tantrum every time "Somebody might have did a bad to me".

...and reconsider his network of friends....
Yes.
Because
  • One of them is a cool guy.
  • One of them wants to wear his skin to be closer to him.
  • One is involved in a situation that is going to be dangerous for everyone close to her.
  • At least one of them wants to fuck him and isn't telling him.
  • And one of them can't decide whether or not she is so submissive/passive that she can't function without someone telling her when to eat.
  • And the list ends here. Which is a problem in itself.

So again. ZERO betrayals.

I have no idea what everyone is making a big deal about.
Everything I have said is based directly on what we have seen characters do and say. Nothing else.
Everyone seems to be jumping to such ridiculous conclusions about things.

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes