4.60 star(s) 91 Votes

Hambo

Aug 6, 2016
So did people find Cyrus suitably threatening?
He's very imposing, but his gravitas is undercut by the comedic tone. I happen to like the comedic tone and think Shapur fits better as a villain. In a comedy I tend to think that the "little shit" villain type works well. I wouldn't call Shapur a mastermind because he's "comedy smart" if you know what I mean. Like everyone around him is just a dumbass so he's smart by default. Look forward to how Cyrus shakes out cause I imagine he can only threaten the main party while they're under his immediate control—in the arena, for example—and if they
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(dunno if this is actually a spoiler, just taking a guess) then the threat he poses is immediately diminished, at least for me, because so much of his intimidation factor is wrapped up in his physical largeness and proximity to the other characters. I wanna see how you approach the conflict whenever the characters leave the city or country.

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
I'm with Hambo on this, mostly. Cyrus, to me, comes off as a military first, middle, and last kind of guy... and he's threatening in that regard, but I don't think he's as truly threatening as Shapur is. Maybe I am missing something between the lines, but Cyrus seems more like the seriously tough, but ultimately kinda fair type.

Reactions: Mpkstroff

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
I'm with Hambo on this, mostly. Cyrus, to me, comes off as a military first, middle, and last kind of guy... and he's threatening in that regard, but I don't think he's as truly threatening as Shapur is. Maybe I am missing something between the lines, but Cyrus seems more like the seriously tough, but ultimately kinda fair type.
He's very much a straightforward man of action "when you have a hammer everything looks like a nail" type. There is some cunning and nuance to him though. You'll get some of that when we explore his relationship with Darius, which, you may have noticed seems relatively positive compared to everyone else. Even if Darius is afraid of him.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Just started playing the new update and man, do I love the MC in this one.

"I think you mean strategery." And that smug face.
He is a douche, but not in a bad way or a good guy in a douche-y sort of way, if those two combinations are even possible.

The humour in Exiles sometimes reminds me of Mel Brooks' Men in Tights and that's a big compliment, coming from me.

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Just started playing the new update and man, do I love the MC in this one.

"I think you mean strategery." And that smug face.
He is a douche, but not in a bad way or a good guy in a douche-y sort of way, if those two combinations are even possible.

The humour in Exiles sometimes reminds me of Mel Brooks' Men in Tights and that's a big compliment, coming from me.
He may..."misunderestimate" his competence a tad.

Last edited:

Radis90

Mar 1, 2019
Damn that chapter was well worth the wait (especially the Astrid's scenes), good job Timepants! love the story so far. Hopefully we'll get some action with Silence as well, that wink was hot and intriguing. Can't wait for more :)

Reactions: timepants

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I also agree with Hambo that Cyrus was kind of intimidating but like he said the comedic stuff (which I love) definitely undercut it a bit. I will say that on the route where Tahir stays the night with the MC does a far better job of showing how dangerous Cyrus is since he beats the shit out of the MC till Tahir says they did it.

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
I have been waiting long for playing the new update. I am again fascinated by the quality of many of the renders, and the drive of the story, which more or less keep to be interesting and dense. I love we have the choice to develop different relations with the main characters and keep friendship with others. Hope it will be for the rest of the story. I was surprised by the minimal difference between male and female lawyer. Is it a result of Timepants obsession with femboys or only lack of time to render different face and body? Do not find it personally appealing, but hopefully it is of no big importance for the rest of the story. What actually annoyed me a lot, is the massive number of interventions of the narrator and jokes which I found somewhat repetitive, and not always "inspired". Like from different genre. This has surely much to do with my personal taste, age and background, but maybe it is good I state it aloud. As I wrote already some months ago, to blend well romance, drama, fantasy, humour etc. it is not an easy task. Finally, the update was HUUUGE (nice, thanks), but it is perhaps to reconsider, if the updates should be really long or better shorter every month... Although I am a patron, I post this here, because there is no big discussion on Patreon. --- Thanks for your game :)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Quite interesting update.(y)(y)

The plot to kill the sultan got thwarted by Ashur. It was way too brazen on Kadijah's part to try to poison a drink right in the middle of several witnesses. Specially with Cyrus around who clearly doesn't trust Ashur. And checking the alternative path things would be worse.

Speaking of Kadijah she was even more shifty in this chapter. I spent quite a few minutes agonizing over which choice to make when she visits Ashur at night on his quarters. I end up checking her sex scene but reloading and choose talking with her.
Kadijah reveals absolutely nothing meaningfull about herself and only gives vague answers while talking about unrelated things. Ashur really need to smarten up a lot to deal with her manipulative ways.:unsure:

Astrid was acting like a teenager who just discovered sex. :p
It was kinda funny to see her acting horny and awkward in her conversations with Ashur. Specially considering her demeanor when outside a room is quite hostile with everyone else, as shown during her exchangs with Tahir and Kadijah during the the arena scene.
Too bad she spend all her oil doing that double handjob scene and the anal scene couldn't go far with two inexperienced people without lube.

Tahir scene was quite nice and hot (probably the best of the three sex scenes in this update). Tahir was all dressed up for the date with Ashur in one really sexy dress (less is more :p). And the femboy took precautions before to be able to take his "daddy's dick" all the way without trouble. By the end he admit what seemed obvious since the first update, Tahir is in love with Ashur.
Decided to accept while wondering how things will go now that Astrid is also going the same way, plus Kadijah is also interested in Ashur.

Going for the plot.

What was all that with the supposedly magic lamp? Cyrus was definitely not buying it but Shapur was completely hooked on the idea that was a magical artifact.
Also the voices. At first i just tought it was the developer (timepants) making jokes by breaking the fourth wall but now that a second yellow voice appeared I am not so sure anymore. Maybe those voices included the one in Ashur and Zilv's mind are actually real too? :unsure:

And the main event in this update, the sultan assassination (who looked like a very easygoing person from his small interaction with Ashur).

Who did it? My main suspects are Kadijah and Cyrus.
Kadijah for the obvious fact she was already plotting to do it, although Shapur did discovered that the vial Ashur threw in the ground wasn't with poison inside. Did she knew this? Was it just a test to figure it out how far she could push Ashur? Or simply a way to hook him up as a escapegoat later? Sure her testimony may have helped Ashur but it also served to make sure no one thought possible there was a connection between them.

Cyrus is a warmonger fanatic who saw his father going soft on old age and maybe couldn't also wait anymore to assume the throne and start another conquest war. He is the one who benefits most from the death of the previous sultan.

I don't believe Shapur did. While both his father and brother seem to think little of Shapur's tantrums and religious beliefs, killing the former would bring little benefits to him.

As mentioned above he is a fanatic who only thinks of war and believes his people are superior to everyone else. But he is also very intelligent, one wouldn't be able to be so sucessfull in war being stupid.
But to me the weight of his threatening figure was somewhat lessened by the narrator's joking at the wrong time.

ps:
Timepants maybe me more vague with the "walkthrough" in the dialogue choices? Let players experiment and discover the consequences of what they decide to choose.;)

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Quite interesting update.(y)(y)

Timepants maybe me more vague with the "walkthrough" in the dialogue choices? Let players experiment and discover the consequences of what they decide to choose.;)
I'm glad you liked it and pretty much all the lingering questions you have are by design so it's good they're getting across.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In regard to the being more vague, yeah, I get it. I try to clearly define what's going to happen so people don't accidentally wind up with a cock up their butt and then yell at me.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Just starting but already there's an inconsistency with Tahir. Despite not helping when he was being bullied he still thanks the MC that night. On a side note I am incredibly bummed that Tahir is a he; I'd hoped Trans gontent would be handled like WVM (mostly,) Braveheart Academy, or The Shrink and they'd be women if you declined the content. I guess the pool of LIs is gonna be far smaller than I previously assumed.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Just starting but already there's an inconsistency with Tahir. Despite not helping when he was being bullied he still thanks the MC that night. On a side note I am incredibly bummed that Tahir is a he; I'd hoped Trans gontent would be handled like WVM (mostly,) Braveheart Academy, or The Shrink and they'd be women if you declined the content. I guess the pool of LIs is gonna be far smaller than I previously assumed.
Actually that thanks is supposed to be in regard to saving the Fat Man or not. It's more along the lines of him not wanting to be party to the murder of an innocent man due to Beni's greed/psychopathy. If you do the path where you don't save him, Tahir will still thank you, but will give you a different reason. I guess I could have written it more clearly though.

As for the pool of love interests, they are as follows: Male (Femboy) Tahir, Male (Masculine) Zilv, Female Kadijah, Female Aislinn, Futa (With option to be cis female) Sonya, Trans Woman (with part of her plot culminating in a decision on what to do about her genitalia) Astrid, plus an as of yet unrevealed mystery character. And if I find a suitably large role that could be upgraded to a love interest, well, I'll do that at my discretion.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I haven't played this in a while and I forgot just how fucking funny this game is. timepants, thank you for this. The sex is hot (women, trans, and femboys? Yes, please!) and the dialogue has me chuckling like crazy.

You write the MC just on the edge of being an unbearable buffoon while still making him likeable and it just works.

Amazing stuff.

4.60 star(s) 91 Votes