3.10 star(s) 16 Votes

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Did I mention my first computer was a Commodore 64? LOL!
One of my college roommates (or maybe it was the buddy down the hall) had one. There was this really stupid post-apocalyptic/Mad-Max, text and keyboard graphics based game where you had different kinds of vehicles (semis, busses, pickups, cars, etc.) that all held different amounts of people. You were armed with crossbows and/or guns, and the mission was to grow your group and wipe out everyone else. Each round took several minutes to play out - you told it what to do, it crunched numbers, then came back telling you what you fired, what you killed, what you put out of commission, who you captured, etc. Had different kinds of attacks (ramming, shooting) and evasive maneuvers (if I remember right). Your "men" were rated A,B,C,D,E (Armsmaster, and the rest elude me at the moment - might have even been an "F" for Fodder :LOL:). The thing crashed or got hung up so often, or was just so stinking slow, that I don't think I ever got through a campaign. :ROFLMAO: This was probably 1987 or 1988.

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
One of my college roommates (or maybe it was the buddy down the hall) had one. There was this really stupid post-apocalyptic/Mad-Max, text and keyboard graphics based game where you had different kinds of vehicles (semis, busses, pickups, cars, etc.) that all held different amounts of people. You were armed with crossbows and/or guns, and the mission was to grow your group and wipe out everyone else. Each round took several minutes to play out - you told it what to do, it crunched numbers, then came back telling you what you fired, what you killed, what you put out of commission, who you captured, etc. Had different kinds of attacks (ramming, shooting) and evasive maneuvers (if I remember right). Your "men" were rated A,B,C,D,E (Armsmaster, and the rest elude me at the moment - might have even been an "F" for Fodder :LOL:). The thing crashed or got hung up so often, or was just so stinking slow, that I don't think I ever got through a campaign. :ROFLMAO: This was probably 1987 or 1988.
Yeah, the games back then were not very dependable.
We also had a TRS-80 color computer at one time, and you could buy a magazine called Rainbow that had programs in it, that you could type into the computer, and then save and play when you had it all typed in.

I remember one game called Egypt that was like that, and I could never get past a swimming pool in the game.
The game said that the pool was not a mirage, but no matter what I did, I kept dying of dehydration.
That includes while I was swimming around in the pool.
But, it was fun to smash the snakes with the shovel.

You had a still image showing what you could see, and used text commands to do what you wanted.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Oh, and you could also fuck the snake (I tried the command a few times)

There is a snake in front of you, what do you want to do?
Fuck
The snake seemed to enjoy it, but then it bit you and you died.
GAME OVER.
I can't remember what it was, but I recall seeing something like that in another "type command" game. I don't think it was snakes, but some other animal/monster/villain that ended up killing you.

Reactions: DigDug69

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
If I can get the update released for subs on SubscribeStar tomorrow that means the free public release will be early next week. Stay tuned... View attachment 3123084
Doc Eva looks like she is mad at Niki and her mother after walking in on another one of her family members having sex with her dad which is making her want to jump him or Niki replaced all the Milk with her dad's milk;):coffee::ROFLMAO::KEK::KEK:

3.10 star(s) 16 Votes