VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Agree, and now we know never to trust him again. Hope this teaches other Devs to not being stupid like this one
Exactly what I was thinking. Creating games like this should be a hobby, first, and a means to make some money, second. Not the other way around. It should be fun to you making games like this. If it isn't, better quit while you're ahead, so to say. And surely it's a dick move to start punishing patrons by sabotizing your own game when the money doesn't come in fast and big enough or when people criticize your game. In short, being a dik (no pun intended) bit him in the ass, in the long run. What comes around, goes around. Hope you read this, @Mr. Rigg. Although I'm sure you won't, since you haven't been on F95zone, anymore, since October 25th 2018.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
The game was out just over a year. It generally takes more then a year to get a good patron base. If you come into it expecting it to be a get rich thing then you'll most likely be disappointed and abandon the game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The game was out just over a year. It generally takes more then a year to get a good patron base. If you come into it expecting it to be a get rich thing then you'll most likely be disappointed and abandon the game.
Well, at least definitely not a get-rich-quick thing, at least. There are some creators who do really well, but they've been at it for years, sometimes even having done other stories outside of games (like NLT Media). There are a few creators who get "lucky", but they go into it fully expecting to have to grind at it for several years. It's almost accidental that they get so successful so quickly. Undergrad Steve, for instance, clearly hasn't fixed certain bugs that persist from version to version, nor improved a somewhat problematic fight interface (that's one of the core elements of the game). Being too successful too fast is often not a good thing.

Dorat1

Dec 31, 2017
Did he ever says what the actual intended ending was? After the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 12 I mean. Even something contrived like a lightning bolt kills them all. I remember playign this way back when and am idly curious

Uwe Furtmustal

Mar 16, 2018
Did he ever says what the actual intended ending was? After the cliffhanger at the end of chapter 12 I mean. Even something contrived like a lightning bolt kills them all. I remember playign this way back when and am idly curious
I think the only known information is that Chapter 13 would be last ...

Reactions: Dorat1

iamvenom

Feb 1, 2021
Played it years ago but couldn't remember the other words expect "storm" and now that I finally remembered this is what I came upon.... Made me really sad.... Everyone and their pet has to be a entitled karen these days. "Kindness" is a word of the distant past. They can't even think of putting themselves in other's shoes. Just the first page is enough to have an understanding of the level of unbelievably insane toxicity that goes on here. All these bullying killed this great atmospheric game. What a pity! @Mr.Rigg if you someday see this please know that there are still some sane and kind people around and I hope you're doing good. If possible please remake this game someday with possibly a different name or a different patreon name or atleast the ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: gioalfa

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Played it years ago but couldn't remember the other words expect "storm" and now that I finally remembered this is what I came upon.... Made me really sad.... Everyone and their pet has to be a entitled karen these days. "Kindness" is a word of the distant past. They can't even think of putting themselves in other's shoes. Just the first page is enough to have an understanding of the level of unbelievably insane toxicity that goes on here. All these bullying killed this great atmospheric game. What a pity! @Mr.Rigg if you someday see this please know that there are still some sane and kind people around and I hope you're doing good. If possible please remake this game someday with possibly a different name or a different patreon name or atleast the ending.
Nah, I loved this game and I defended the dev quite a bit. But he was a douche in the end.

A lot of the users were mean (Typical anti-ntr group that's on all the threads as well as people not liking the story)
The dev should be able to filter them out as non-valid critiques.

What really pissed users of was that he stopped branching his game. The player would make certain choices in the game and then he would ignore your choice and continue the game as if you did not make the choice and ignore your previous decision.

From then onwards he basically just worked on a canon route (the game basically became a kinetic novel)

Then he started complaining about the little money the game made and said that he would slow down development. Not a clever move to grow your fan base, but sure I can understand that.

Then he straight out pull the biggest douche move of all and stopped the game on the second last release. He could at least have released the final chapter for the canon route. (4/5 star game for me)

If he completed the game like he originally envisaged it, for me it would have been a definite 5/5 game.
But now I have little sympathy for him.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
What really pissed users of was that he stopped branching his game. The player would make certain choices in the game and then he would ignore your choice and continue the game as if you did not make the choice and ignore your previous decision.
So much this. This was the huge thing that really upset me. I expected variations in scenes at least, but then suddenly the MC had been with girls he actually hadn't, dialogue stopped making sense, etc. Really frustrating.
From then onwards he basically just worked on a canon route (the game basically became a kinetic novel)

Then he started complaining about the little money the game made and said that he would slow down development. Not a clever move to grow your fan base, but sure I can understand that.
Yeah, I wouldn't have cared if it was a kinetic novel; I play several of those and am fine with that. I also wouldn't have cared if it became overwhelming and he wanted to do one path / release or something. Totally understandable. Too bad he went about it so badly.
Then he straight out pull the biggest douche move of all and stopped the game on the second last release. He could at least have released the final chapter for the canon route. (4/5 star game for me)

If he completed the game like he originally envisaged it, for me it would have been a definite 5/5 game.
But now I have little sympathy for him.
IDK whether I would've rated it as highly, even if he would've done all routes all the way to the end. However, he definitely trashed the quality of the game and his own credibility by handling things so poorly. Pity, but I'm unlikely to start any future game he may eventually do. (I don't expect any new games to come from him, but I definitely don't plan on playing them.)

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
IDK whether I would've rated it as highly, even if he would've done all routes all the way to the end. However, he definitely trashed the quality of the game and his own credibility by handling things so poorly. Pity, but I'm unlikely to start any future game he may eventually do. (I don't expect any new games to come from him, but I definitely don't plan on playing them.)
Yeah 4/5 is maybe a bit generous, but I had a soft spot for the game. The story was definitely unique, and the characters was not the standard copy and paste variations (I might be mistaken on this one). Unlike a lot of others, I loved the murderous twists and turns.

If he developed the full game as he intended, for me, I would have looked past all the flaws and gave it an 5. I know the renders were not the best, but if all the parts were in and all the "She will remember that" came to fruition, I would have loved the game.

A game does not have to be perfect for me to give 5. My level of enjoyment and immersion makes me give it a 5 rating.
Luckily for me, the canon route was also my chosen route, so for me that part was not that jarring. (I also played the little side game, so I have a soft spot for the girl (Cannot remember her name) that I cheated with on the poor blind girl)

Reactions: MiHawkins

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yeah 4/5 is maybe a bit generous, but I had a soft spot for the game. The story was definitely unique, and the characters was not the standard copy and paste variations (I might be mistaken on this one). Unlike a lot of others, I loved the murderous twists and turns.

If he developed the full game as he intended, for me, I would have looked past all the flaws and gave it an 5. I know the renders were not the best, but if all the parts were in and all the "She will remember that" came to fruition, I would have loved the game.

A game does not have to be perfect for me to give 5. My level of enjoyment and immersion makes me give it a 5 rating.
Luckily for me, the canon route was also my chosen route, so for me that part was not that jarring. (I also played the little side game, so I have a soft spot for the girl (Cannot remember her name) that I cheated with on the poor blind girl)
I typically do multiple playthroughs for games like this, and I did here as well. So I was fine on the playthrough that matched what was forced. But then for every other path the frustration grew. I don't typically get upset enough on here to cuss much, but this game drew that out of me. I've since calmed down of course, but I still hold a grudge and probably will never let it go.

As for ratings, I don't expect perfection to give a 5-star rating. I probably would've given this a 4-star rating I'd guess, although now I have no desire even to bother with any rating at all. I do remember thinking this was quite good . . . until it wasn't.

Reactions: Alfius

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I typically do multiple playthroughs for games like this, and I did here as well. So I was fine on the playthrough that matched what was forced. But then for every other path the frustration grew. I don't typically get upset enough on here to cuss much, but this game drew that out of me. I've since calmed down of course, but I still hold a grudge and probably will never let it go.

As for ratings, I don't expect perfection to give a 5-star rating. I probably would've given this a 4-star rating I'd guess, although now I have no desire even to bother with any rating at all. I do remember thinking this was quite good . . . until it wasn't.
Cannot disagree with anything you said here. I rated the game 4/5 at the time, before the dev completely lost the plot.
In the current state, the game probably does not deserve more than 3. But it's all water under the bridge now.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The girls and women from post-soviet countries, instead of American or West-European women who live too comfortable life several generations and do not take care about themselves, because feminism in their countries won (probably), so they do not need men anymore to survive, look more beautiful and feminine.
Believe me: ladies in New Europe know, how to look good in the eyes of men. Women in Old Europe and in the USA forgot this a long time ago. They prefer just comfort, not elegance and beauty.
What is "New Europe"? Are you talking about what were formerly Eastern Bloc countries? There is a point to be had that those from nations that formerly were extremely restrictive (like communist nations) would have a different outlook on things that those in Western Europe and North America. Isolating an area from other regions of the world for decades will tend to have that effect: culture and outlook will be considerably different.

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes