VN Ren'Py Abandoned Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-12] [Mr. Rigg]

3.30 star(s) 18 Votes

Max Rockstansky

Dec 21, 2019
Here's my Android port, built from crust's compressed version of Eye of the Storm [Ch. 1-9]

DOWNLOAD:
Android arm (274MB):
- MEGA -
Android x86_64 (275MB): MEGA -
arm for most phones and tablets. x86_64 for Chromebooks, and some AndroidTV devices

This port is unofficial. Do NOT report issues with this version to the developer.
Send me a
private message instead, and I will take a look at your issue.

If you like this game, consider supporting the developer on . Even $1 helps!
If you're broke, or just cheap, you can also support the developer by leaving a like in OP and leaving a review.
Can you provide updated one from chapter 10 to 12

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This game already died after the best friend died the police officer.. :devilish: The lack of choices was due to having not enough patreons support. so it was better to leave the game abandoned.
That is an interesting way to look at it. Me, I would have preferred to get at least one ending, sort of the canon ending the dev would have liked.

Reactions: Mormont and Alfius

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Just out of interest anyone ever hear from the dev? I remember at one point there were even plans to make another game I wonder if that's still the plan or if he has given up altogether after what happened here.

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Another Abandon game added to the list RIP, but ima still play it anyway since its finally at 12 chapters

nevermind i remember this crazy game. i pass

Last edited:

gilma

Jun 27, 2017
After what happened with the last update and the backlash he got from that I'm wondering if that means he has just given up such a shame that the last few updates ruined what was actually quite a decent story.
What happened?

Didn't ruin anything for people who were following the harem path anyway. Which was probably most people. Hope the backlash from a whiny minority didn't screw the rest of us out of a proper ending.
In that case Ill download and se I always pursue harem ending.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
What happened?
I believe it was a case he wasn't hitting his targets I can't remember much but he wanted a bit more from his patreons but he didn't get that so he gave us a bad ending to the game. There was supposed to be another ending but don't think we will ever see that.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I believe it was a case he wasn't hitting his targets I can't remember much but he wanted a bit more from his patreons but he didn't get that so he gave us a bad ending to the game. There was supposed to be another ending but don't think we will ever see that.
Well, he gave us a default path that disregarded pretty much any choices and then his graphics card got smoked and he didn't earn enough Patreon money to replace it. Which is too bad since there was afair one update left before completion.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
What happened?
Basically, he abandoned the non-Harem paths because yeah...he wasn't making enough money for it to be worth all the extra time he had to invest on paths that only a small minority of the game's players were following. So he wisely chose to focus on the Harem path that most people were playing anyway.

Then a bunch of people...most of whom I would bet were free-riding anyway...raised the holiest and whiniest of hells over it. He got sick of the flak, and decided to fuck off and leave the game unifinished. Which sucks. Cuz it was one update away from having the only path that mattered complete.

C'es la vie.

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
He seemed to be on it for the money, compared to other devs who put extra effort to their games even Slonique after he released an ending involving the mom pegging the MC, he then released a proper happy ending in one of his games.
Was it Blossoming Love that had the mother pegging the MC?

WhatthisISB

Jul 31, 2020
This Dev looked like a PoS for a long long time. He was railroading us in a direction that least number of ppl waned to go in. He kept asking for more money, I get he has limited resources, but with those resources he was doing things to p1ss the maximum number of ppl off and hoping to bl@ckmail ppl into giving him more money, that never works out well.......

Reactions: Rythan25

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Basically, he abandoned the non-Harem paths because yeah...he wasn't making enough money for it to be worth all the extra time he had to invest on paths that only a small minority of the game's players were following. So he wisely chose to focus on the Harem path that most people were playing anyway.

Then a bunch of people...most of whom I would bet were free-riding anyway...raised the holiest and whiniest of hells over it. He got sick of the flak, and decided to fuck off and leave the game unifinished. Which sucks. Cuz it was one update away from having the only path that mattered complete.

C'es la vie.
WTF ?? Thats not what happened... Unless he deleted his last post from here he LITERALLY held the game for ransom.... He came here after the last chapter... 12 I believe, and heard people complaining about making it seem like the bad guys were going to win, he then said if he didnt get more support he would make it a bad end (all the girls get raped and killed by the bad guys after they killed the MC), if his support dropped because he said that, he would abandon the game instead, without caring that only one chapter was left.

Needless to say people raged harder (though not on topic), they just marked the game as abandoned, and deleted it from their PC, I am guessing Patreons got pissed by his threat, and started dropping like flies too, hence he abandoned it.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I'd certainly be less sympathetic if indeed that's what happened but...you'd think somebody would have quoted the post in a reply. Even if deleted, it wouldn't matter if it were quoted. And a post like that just begs to be quoted.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I'd certainly be less sympathetic if indeed that's what happened but...you'd think somebody would have quoted the post in a reply. Even if deleted, it wouldn't matter if it were quoted. And a post like that just begs to be quoted.
I don't know about all that, bit he pulled a bit of a douche move, by not even finishing at least the canon (harem) route.
He was literally one update away from finishing it. The baddies were exposed, so now just a question of escape and tying up some lose ends. He could have even left the game with only the one route and I would have been happy with a flawed , but good enjoyable game.

If he finished all the paths, It would have been a very good game and 5 stars for me. In it's current state, it at most a 3 star game.:( My 4 star rating is still up, but rated as an incomplete game.

There's is a couple of very promising developers, that just abandoned their games very close to the end. Perv2k16, I'm looking at you! It's a shame...

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I do agree it was a douche move not finishing, regardless of the reason. But I see it from his perspective too...the backlash when he initially announced his intent to proceed only with the Harem route(the one that the vast and overwhelming majority of people were following anyway) was beyond entitled. Part of why I started trying to defend him back then was explicitly because I was afraid exactly this would happen. The hostility would turn him off from finishing at all.

But leaving even his staunch defenders hanging at the goal line? Dick move. I can't defend that. But it wouldn't have ever gotten to that point if a handful of loud freeriders hadn't acted like a bunch of entitled brats. AKA...Millennials. We would have at least gotten the ending to the most played, most popular route.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 18 Votes